Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Range Rover Safety Feature

Man, I'm still here !!!

Range Rover Safety Feature

Following a range rover this morning and looks like they need to protect us more by having red LED lights at bottom of bumper that are WAY to bright. It really took your eyes off the brake lights !

Quote Originally Posted by MADPEBS1 View Post
    Following a range rover this morning and looks like they need to protect us more by having red LED lights at bottom of bumper that are WAY to bright. It really took your eyes off the brake lights !
    Some European vehicles have factory rear foglight/foglights. They are like a red brake light. I see them a lot, and I assume most drivers aren't aware they have them on. Can indeed be annoying.
    pizza...peeska

3. 11-30-2016, 09:01 AM

Pretty sure that's not a stock feature. Tail lamps, like other lights are regulated as to allowed brightness.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Man, I'm still here !!!
    looked pretty stock in bumper, looked brighter then the brake lights when they were applied. They work in my hanger, going to go look. yup its a sport and these are them bottom lights....

http://www.landroverusa.com/vehicles...r-gallery.html

looked pretty stock in bumper, looked brighter then the brake lights when they were applied. They work in my hanger, going to go look. yup its a sport and these are them bottom lights....

http://www.landroverusa.com/vehicles...r-gallery.html
    The red lenses at the far corners of the bumper? I suppose they could have replaced the bulbs with higher intensity units... But some of those rear fogs are pretty bright.

Nice ride that person has, BTW.
    pizza...peeska

Man, I'm still here !!!
    yup, the bottom lens, full bright all the time!

Well, those are stock locations for a thing. But the aftermarket quite often steps in and will offer lights for locations that were only reflectors stock. Ah, here.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCIFyAA9AhY

Road test videol, look around 3:10 for the brake lights..... look like this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Range Rover Brake lights.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	115927
    "I aim to misbehave."

Man, I'm still here !!!
    nope it was the lights to left and right of black part of bumper, FULL bright all the time. They really did seem overly bright at 0545 ;-(((((

Yeah, I believe it. Not sure what GoesLikeHell was stating regarding the brake lights. Frequently the rear fogs are in a different location, like in the RR Sport you encountered.
    pizza...peeska

nope it was the lights to left and right of black part of bumper, FULL bright all the time. They really did seem overly bright at 0545 ;-(((((

That was the point of the video, that a stock vehicle does not have lights in that location down by the bumper, just reflectors. So it's not Range Rovers safety idea. But rather the owner of that vehicle who has added those lights. Around 5:45, or a bit later, coming out of the mudpit, the reflector does do that, reflect, but the brakes lights are not on when that happens. Again, pretty sure there are not lights in that location stock, just reflectors.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.