VA Clinic to tell 592 Veterans they may have given them AIDS

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.weau.com/content/news/To...en-infected-with-Hepatitis-HIV-403632336.html

TOMAH, Wis. (WEAU) -- Nearly 600 veterans who received care at the Tomah VA may have been infected with several types of disease due to violations in infection control procedures.

VA administrators made the announcement Tuesday afternoon at a press conference.

The Tomah VA says it's in the process of notifying 592 veterans that they may be infected with Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, or HIV after they received care from one particular dental provider.

Acting Medical Center Director Victoria Brahm said the dentist was using his own equipment, then cleaning it and reusing it, which violates the VA's regulations.

The Tomah VA says it uses sterile and disposable equipment.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My wife said that VA Clinic had a reputation as "Candyland" for all the opioids they prescribed.

Fortunately her local VA clinic (Rockford, IL) was under the VAMC in Madison, WI, which is a really good hospital.

littlelady

God bless the USA
My wife said that VA Clinic had a reputation as "Candyland" for all the opioids they prescribed.

Fortunately her local VA clinic (Rockford, IL) was under the VAMC in Madison, WI, which is a really good hospital.

Wow. There is so much Americans don't know. Thanks for posting. :smile: :patriot:I, also, heard that today that the VA was dispensing way too many opiates. How screwed up is that, considering the addiction problem in America. God sent us Trump. Hopefully, things will change. Not Obama change (which was anti-American), but real change that will undo the last 50+ years of progressing Dem libprog bullcrap. Go, Trump/Pence!

Last edited: