Jobless Rate Hits Nine Year Low

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
..But look at that wage drop! Wow...so everybody gots a McDonalds job then...

Wages put a damper on the gains, with the annualized pace of average hourly earnings gains slumping to 2.5 percent

and...wow..right HERE is why the unemployment rate dropped. 100% of why, in fact... 178,000 low-paying jobs added while 446,000 people "left" the labor force. Great stuff. Barry must be so proud.

However, the number of workers counted not in the labor force surged by 446,000 to 95.06 million.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/jobless-rate-hits-nine-year-low-n691111?cid=sm_tw

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Progressives are apparently afraid of a discussion on Obama's Policies that contributed to the JOBS Recovery

Obama’s Pretty Words Cannot Beautify His Ugly Economy

While Obama can talk the bark off a banyan tree, he cannot make Americans hallucinate prosperity. Here is the sad picture they actually see. The unemployment rate has improved significantly, from 7.8 percent at Obama’s January 20, 2009, inauguration to 5.0 percent in April. However, as more and more Americans stop looking for work, the Labor Force Participation Rate on Obama’s watch has fallen from 65.7 percent to 62.8 percent, a level last measured before Obama in March 1978. Since Obama took office, this metric has slid 4.1 percent. Last month saw the creation of 160,000 jobs, a widely panned number, and much below the 200,000-plus jobs generated in five of the last six months. Nothing about the latest employment report spells “boom.”

Obama Didn't Say What Kind of Jobs

Last edited:

SamSpade

Although the "break even" point of job creation varies over time and circumstances - 175,000 isn't substantially over the median value agreed upon by economists as to what it should be.
(Break even being the number of jobs created needed to keep unemployment at the same rate).

And with median pay still floundering, it's clear that new jobs are still crappy jobs. The good jobs that were lost have not returned.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Although the "break even" point of job creation varies over time and circumstances - 175,000 isn't substantially over the median value agreed upon by economists as to what it should be.
(Break even being the number of jobs created needed to keep unemployment at the same rate).

And with median pay still floundering, it's clear that new jobs are still crappy jobs. The good jobs that were lost have not returned.

With 446,000 leaving altogether....the unemployment rate would probably still have dropped with zero new jobs created.

tommyjo

Wow you are dumb...

But look at that wage drop! Wow...so everybody gots a McDonalds job then...

and...wow..right HERE is why the unemployment rate dropped. 100% of why, in fact... 178,000 low-paying jobs added while 446,000 people "left" the labor force. Great stuff. Barry must be so proud.

Wages jumped 11 cents an hour the month before. You knew that too, right? No...of course you didn't. You knew that average wages are up 62 cents an hour (2.5%) over last November. You knew that to, right? No of course you didn't. Too f***ing stupid to look. http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t19.htm

Also...as for your usually stupid focus on the not in the labor force...that includes folks who have retired...kids who are in college...mom/dads staying at home to raise kids. Your idiotic assumption is that every one of these folks is out of the labor force because they can't find a job. You look elsewhere for that number (again...you are too stupid to look or learn or listen).

As for the 446 addition to not in the labor force. Year over year that number is up about 700,000. The labor force itself has grown by over 2,000,000. You can find those numbers here: http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.a.htm

The number of discouraged workers (the ones who want jobs but can't find them) is at the bottom of the table referenced in the last paragraph. That number now stands at 591,000 up 104,000 from the previous month and essentially the same as Nov 2015.

So yes...this was a solid report. It wasn't great (as NHboy tries to state)...but it was a good report. If you weren't so politically and intellectually blind...you would see that.

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/jobless-rate-hits-nine-year-low-n691111?cid=sm_tw[/QUOTE]

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Also...as for your usually stupid focus on the not in the labor force..

Hey sweet cheeks...nothing makes for good unemployment numbers like a rapidly shrinking labor pool, eh? 446,000 in just one month. Do the maffs.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Wow you are dumb...

As I prepare to sign another contract for 3 more new wind farm vessels in Taiwan, and then head to Norway next week to discuss new business there with the CEO of one of their largest shipyards, while you sit there and worry about paying for your Depends and your Colt 45 and posting your vitriol. LMAO.

Midnightrider

As I prepare to sign another contract for 3 more new wind farm vessels in Taiwan, and then head to Norway next week to discuss new business there with the CEO of one of their largest shipyards, while you sit there and worry about paying for your Depends and your Colt 45 and posting your vitriol. LMAO.

Bwhahahaha

The legend continues

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Why would I be jealous of some idiot on the internet? You really are stupid mo

Speaking of stupid..why do you so openly express your jealousy on the internet? Why admit you are such a failure on a public forum? I'd keep that to myself if I were you.

But I'm not you, so...

Midnightrider

Speaking of stupid..why do you so openly express your jealousy on the internet? Why admit you are such a failure on a public forum? I'd keep that to myself if I were you.

But I'm not you, so...
You really are an idiot who lives in his own speeeecial reality.

SamSpade

Wow you are dumb...

Wages jumped 11 cents an hour the month before. You knew that too, right? No...of course you didn't. You knew that average wages are up 62 cents an hour (2.5%) over last November. You knew that to, right? No of course you didn't. Too f***ing stupid to look. http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t19.htm

What does average wage tell me? As far as increasing wealth? *MEDIAN* income hasn't even returned to 2000 levels. Yeah, it's increasing - to the stagnant levels they've been for the past two decades. They sucked for eight years, and now they're close to the crappy levels they were in 2007.

SamSpade

Also...as for your usually stupid focus on the not in the labor force...that includes folks who have retired...kids who are in college...mom/dads staying at home to raise kids.

Retiring baby boomers doesn't come close to accounting for it - and since when have there NOT been kids in college and parents staying home to watch kids? Or did all that just *spike* in the last eight years?

The good jobs haven't returned, the economy is sluggish and people are taking several jobs to make up for it.

Tito

Donkey Smell

dce5fae6ffb68481d13020255529ccb2.jpg