Favorite pistolas...

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
IMG_0493.JPG

Bonehead

Actually that is a 1911a1. No grip safety on the 1911, mine was built in 1917 blueing is brown from age. Still shoots straight.

black dog

Free America
Actually that is a 1911a1. No grip safety on the 1911, mine was built in 1917 blueing is brown from age. Still shoots straight.

Lol.. in some circles yes and some circles no.
A Gold Cup is more like a A3 than a A1.. there is quite a few upgrades like that came about with the upgrades to the A1.
The pinnacle of Colts efforts were the Gold Cup National Match MKIV 70 series of handguns.
The GC's differed from a issue 1911a1 with a different trigger and hammer along with a trigger stop screw, target sights, a opened and lowered ejection port, slide serrations, and a match barrel and improved finger barrel bushing.
Full disclosure, I have been a gi issue 1911 pistol collector for better than 40 years myself. Way back to when they were 75 to 200 bucks. Not like today's prices, wooowe..

Now for a trivia question, what cartridge is the pistol below in ?
No Googling...
View attachment 115999

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
do you have a complete US&S .45 [Receiver and Slide]

Yes I own a few, you gotta remember that when I started collecting them, it was not a popular firearm to collect. And US&S built around 55 thou pistols. It's not like trying to find a Singer.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
My two..

Smith and Wesson 645.. after 12 years of the 1911, had to find something better.. Mines SLIGHTLY modified.. but still a nice gun. BIG gun, heavy... Just the sight of it in most people's hands will scare the crap out of somebody but really difficult to shoot one handed, and recoil is a little much for a pause before reaquiring target for a second shot.

BUT my favorite..

The Springfield Arms XDM in .40.. Accurate as hell.. well balanced, easy to wield one handed, and easy return to target for the second shot.

Attachments

• X645.jpg
    X645.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 111
  • XDM.jpg
    XDM.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
As much as I love my 1911, my go to, SHTF, you or me, one and only one shot, who you gonna call at 3am, is my Taurus PT92

I don't much like it, it's fatter than I like, the sites suck, it's not a tack driver. It has wood grips and is a nice looking thing. But, I have something like 20,000 rounds through it and I'm a natural point shooter and the damn thing put's 'em close enough every single time. And it goes bang absolutely, positively every single time over all those rounds other than true dudes, a couple of malfs with some steel jacket crap I got from Russia and one time when the barrel linkage broke.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Yes I own a few, you gotta remember that when I started collecting them, it was not a popular firearm to collect. And US&S built around 55 thou pistols. It's not like trying to find a Singer.

I saw someone where recently US&S only made 500 or so receivers / frames and way more slides
[side note I saw a US&S slide in the 80's - yeah I know, no big deal]
maybe it was the Singers ....

I carried a Remington Rand 1911A1 85-87 while at Ft Carson [one of the last Army Bases not to have 9mm]

black dog

Free America
I saw someone where recently US&S only made 500 or so receivers / frames and way more slides

I carried a Remington Rand 1911A1 85-87 while at Ft Carson [one of the last Army Bases not to have 9mm]

It was Singer.

black dog

Free America
As much as I love my 1911, my go to, SHTF, you or me, one and only one shot, who you gonna call at 3am, is my Taurus PT92

I don't much like it, it's fatter than I like, the sites suck, it's not a tack driver. It has wood grips and is a nice looking thing. But, I have something like 20,000 rounds through it and I'm a natural point shooter and the damn thing put's 'em close enough every single time. And it goes bang absolutely, positively every single time over all those rounds other than true dudes, a couple of malfs with some steel jacket crap I got from Russia and one time when the barrel linkage broke.

Sounds like a love hate thing,. It is a good looking pistol, even more so when it's in polished stainless.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Along that lines.. I carried an M16A1 made by Mattel..