Race baiting at the local level now!

happyazz

Skiing in the clouds
How disgusting!!

http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/1116/discovery_of_nooses_at_plant_site_under_probe.html

According to the Anti-Defamation League, the hangman’s noose “has come to be one of the most powerful visual symbols directed against African-Americans, comparable to the emotions that are evoked by the swastika for Jews. Its origins are connected to the history of lynching in America, particularly in the South after the Civil War, when violence or the threat of violence replaced slavery as one of the primary forms of social control that whites could use on African-Americans. The noose quickly became associated with the Ku Klux Klan.”

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
To me, nooses are a wild west thing. But whatever.

I can't think of what purpose it would serve to put nooses around a construction site. If they put it at some black people hangout I'd say okay, clearly someone is being a bigoted ahole. But why a construction site that has absolutely nothing to do with race? That doesn't even make any sense.

Until we know different, I'm going to say it's a hoax. Most likely perpetrated specifically to make people think we have KKK in SoMD so they can riot and bitch about it.

littlelady

God bless the USA
To me, nooses are a wild west thing. But whatever.

I can't think of what purpose it would serve to put nooses around a construction site. If they put it at some black people hangout I'd say okay, clearly someone is being a bigoted ahole. But why a construction site that has absolutely nothing to do with race? That doesn't even make any sense.

Until we know different, I'm going to say it's a hoax. Most likely perpetrated specifically to make people think we have KKK in SoMD so they can riot and bitch about it.

Actually, it is an Old South thing. As far as why nooses are showing up at that construction site is because it doesn't make sense. Everything is racial now, even it is not connected, or has anything to do with the subject at hand. Ridiculous.

glhs837

Power with Control
I know the article says they dont think the opponents of the project put them up, me I dont know that I would be too sure about that.They have already demonstrated a lack of concern about not only thier own well being but that of first responders also.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I know the article says they dont think the opponents of the project put them up, me I dont know that I would be too sure about that.They have already demonstrated a lack of concern about not only thier own well being but that of first responders also.

Actually, now that I think about vrai's post more, and yours, maybe it is a wild west thing; like hang 'em high. I remember now about those two women that climbed the crane in protest. Who knows. I no longer live in Calvert; moved to Montgomery. Poor me; literally. Anyway, I would be interested in your view of the new plant being built down there. Are you in agreement with it, or not. TIA. :smile:

Last edited:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

From the article, "According to the Anti-Defamation League, the hangman’s noose “has come to be one of the most powerful visual symbols directed against African-Americans, comparable to the emotions that are evoked by the swastika for Jews.", only because it's been sensationalized at every chance. Just like the constant bombardment of jew history. It is amazing though, there were hangings in Homer and the Bible, and after thousands of years, hangings, the noose, are associated, have been pinged to, with the KKK. You know, those terrible white people, or, just all white people in general. Because as you know, white people are bad.

Hijinx

Actually, now that I think about vrai's post more, and yours, maybe it is a wild west thing; like hang 'em high. I remember now about those two women that climbed the crane in protest. Who knows. I no longer live in Calvert; moved to Montgomery. Poor me; literally. Anyway, I would be interested in your view of the new plant being built down there. Are you in agreement with it, or not. TIA. :smile:

The way the blacks have adopted the noose as a hate symbol one might think that only black people got lynched.
Well that's a load of crap.Judge Roy Bean hanged (lynched) a bunch of people and was even lynched himself, but got cut down before he died.

glhs837

Power with Control

I have no issue with it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The way the blacks have adopted the noose as a hate symbol one might think that only black people got lynched.
Well that's a load of crap.Judge Roy Bean hanged (lynched) a bunch of people and was even lynched himself, but got cut down before he died.

Exactly. But I have no idea why that might be pertinent to a construction site, either. What's the connection? It's interesting, though, that someone sees a noose at a construction site and automatically thinks of lynching black people.

:confused:

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Is it wrong to just see a knotted rope?

when I see handcuffs I don't automatically think of sex.