Calling Taiwan .....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
trump188.jpg

Story is not: Trump called Taiwan.

Story is: Taiwan called Trump.

Read any article posted. It does not say "Trump called Taiwan". It does say Trump had a call with Taiwan, not to Taiwan.

SamSpade

This is one thing about China I STILL don't get. Taiwan left almost *70* years ago.
It's a little bigger than Maryland and Delaware. Why do they still care?

tommyjo

Story is not: Trump called Taiwan.

Story is: Taiwan called Trump.

Read any article posted. It does not say "Trump called Taiwan". It does say Trump had a call with Taiwan, not to Taiwan.

Wrong on all counts...the story is that the President Elect of the United States of America spoke directly to the President of Taiwan...thereby breaking roughly 40 years of US diplomatic policy. THAT is the main thrust of the story.

The secondary thrust is that, once again, our President Elect does not appear to have any idea what he just did. (Naturally his devout followers don't either...but that is not news.)

This is the type of thing that happens when we elect an unqualified individual who has absolutely no experience for the job...and he decides he doesn't need to learn. He refuses to take his daily security briefings...how he is supposed to be Mr. Badass if he has no idea what the threats are? He also is not availing himself of State Dept briefings prior to taking or setting up these calls. (the same people that complained about Mr. Obama's lack of experience nominated a guy with even LESS!)

He won...and THAT seems to be the ONLY thing the man actually gives a sh!t about. He can't recall what he said/promised to win...and he isn't interested in actually doing the job that is the result of his win.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Wrong on all counts...the story is that the President Elect of the United States of America spoke directly to the President of Taiwan...thereby breaking roughly 40 years of US diplomatic policy. THAT is the main thrust of the story.

The secondary thrust is that, once again, our President Elect does not appear to have any idea what he just did. (Naturally his devout followers don't either...but that is not news.)

This is the type of thing that happens when we elect an unqualified individual who has absolutely no experience for the job...and he decides he doesn't need to learn. He refuses to take his daily security briefings...how he is supposed to be Mr. Badass if he has no idea what the threats are? He also is not availing himself of State Dept briefings prior to taking or setting up these calls. (the same people that complained about Mr. Obama's lack of experience nominated a guy with even LESS!)

He won...and THAT seems to be the ONLY thing the man actually gives a sh!t about. He can't recall what he said/promised to win...and he isn't interested in actually doing the job that is the result of his win.

And, you think Obama knows what he is doing with the likes of Cuba, Iran, and the rest of the World? Give it up, tj. At least, Trump is making a 'thank you' tour, as opposed to Obama's 'apology' tour. The way I understand it, Taiwan considers itself sovereign, and China considers Taiwan a part of them. What is wrong with anyone talking to Taiwan? There is a reason Trump won. God bless America!

One more thing. What made Obama qualified to be prez? He was a community organizer, and a jr. senator that barely participated. Oh, wait, I did see you agree that Obama wasn't qualified. Never mind on that. Count your blessings that Obama wasn't elected for a third term (aka Hillary).

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Who gives a crap? Since when does China control our president?? If Trump wants to talk to the president of anywhere in the universe, China doesn't have anything to say about it. China can suck it.

You people having a #### fit because Trump DARED to talk to the president of Taiwan are morons. You don't even know why it's a big deal, you just heard a bunch of other morons having a conniption and wanted to jump on the bandwagon. OMG!!! He broke diplomatic policy!! Call the freaking wahmbulance! Call whine one one!!

:rolleyes:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Call whine one one!!:rolleyes:

Love it! Stealing it!

And, one more thing. Taiwan is a democracy. I guess that is why the whiners are up in arms! So to speak. :shrug:

Hello? Tommy? I see you are online. Cat got your tongue?

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Just my perspective. Obama and Trump are both egotistical narcissists. The difference between them is that Obama is not a patriot; Trump is. Obama is weak when addressing the rest of the World; Trump is strong. Obama wanted to fundamentally change America; Trump wants to keep America's founding fundamentals. Obama is an enemy to America; Trump is an ally. That's all. Nite, nite.

SamSpade

Who gives a crap? Since when does China control our president?? If Trump wants to talk to the president of anywhere in the universe, China doesn't have anything to say about it. China can suck it.

You people having a #### fit because Trump DARED to talk to the president of Taiwan are morons. You don't even know why it's a big deal, you just heard a bunch of other morons having a conniption and wanted to jump on the bandwagon. OMG!!! He broke diplomatic policy!! Call the freaking wahmbulance! Call whine one one!!

:rolleyes:

This is because the left wants to believe this happened because he has no idea what the consequence is - that he somehow knows LESS than they do.
Sure, it profoundly pisses China off, although I have never quite understood why.

I've a wait and see outlook. I've said before that from time to time, Trump actually does something clever. He intends to kick the hornet's nest with China.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
This is because the left wants to believe this happened because he has no idea what the consequence is - that he somehow knows LESS than they do.
Sure, it profoundly pisses China off, although I have never quite understood why.

I've a wait and see outlook. I've said before that from time to time, Trump actually does something clever. He intends to kick the hornet's nest with China.
Our best customer is in Taiwan. It's a great little country and a very loyal ally.

China's official policy is that Taiwan is simply a territory or province and the squishy lefties like TJ have knuckled under to Chinese pressure on that issue.

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Was there any outrage or keening when Obama authorized $1.83 Billion of arms sales to Taiwan? They must have done the entire transaction on Hillary's server, so no one would know because surely the left would not approve of such transaction.

CNN front page article about how Trump's "violation" of protocol is stirring up foreign powers and diplomats. I really never did understand why there was such pussy-footing around when it came to diplomacy. Teams of people negotiating back and forth for weeks to arrange a simple transaction. Trump is doing what I always thought should be done in the first place.

I can see diplomats being upset as they stand to lose their jobs.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
CNN front page article about how Trump's "violation" of protocol is stirring up foreign powers and diplomats. I really never did understand why there was such pussy-footing around when it came to diplomacy. .

The squishy left is always looking for something to wring their hands about.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I like a president who does what's in our best national interest, and who cares if some Communist dictator gets pissed about it. Not sure why we've been kissing China's ass anyway. You'd also think the Left would be cheering for Taiwan - the little guy against Goliath. But you'd also think they'd be cheering for Israel, too, and we'll note that they don't.

Trump isn't going to let China control him like they controlled Bill Clinton. He mentioned several times during the campaign that he was going to renegotiate our deals with them. I'm going to guess that having a relationship with Taiwan is a start.

On another note, it's interesting to watch the Left lose their hivemind about American "imperialism", yet stand around with their finger in their nose when it comes to Chinese imperialism.

Last edited:

Hijinx

I like a president who does what's in our best national interest, and who cares if some Communist dictator gets pissed about it. Not sure why we've been kissing China's ass anyway. You'd also think the Left would be cheering for Taiwan - the little guy against Goliath. But you'd also think they'd be cheering for Israel, too, and we'll note that they don't.

Trump isn't going to let China control him like they controlled Bill Clinton. He mentioned several times during the campaign that he was going to renegotiate our deals with them. I'm going to guess that having a relationship with Taiwan is a start.

On another note, it's interesting to watch the Left lose their hivemind about American "imperialism", yet stand around with their finger in their nose when it comes to Chinese imperialism.

China wants Taiwan back under it's control, they have wanted that for years. Why else are they building airports on islands they built?
Who has been keeping them from taking back Formosa or Taiwan for all these years?
Why shouldn't Trump send the Chinese the message that we are still looking out for Taiwan?