DAPL protesters proclaim victory as pipeline forced to change route

glhs837

Power with Control
So poss and moan enough, and even though you actually derailed the pocess for years, and get the FB crowd to believe BS, and the administration falls over for you. Enjoy that crap while you can, pretty sure the TRump administration will not cave to BS like this.

Now that they've "won", the protesters have been told to clear out by Monday.

Any bets what happens behind their backs after they leave?

officeguy

Minor reroute and rock on. Good.

The re-route isn't that easy. The pipeline has a 'certificate of public utility and convenience' that spells out a particular route. Also, the pipeline follows the route of an existing gas pipeline to avoid the entire 'cultural site' BS. Re-routing opens a whole can of worms with new hearings, permits and the need to obtain new easements or purchase the new right of way.

My bet is that Energy transfer partners will file a reconsideration and/or lawsuits about this which will stay the whole thing until Jan 22nd. That day, there will be a new under-deputy-auxiliary-secretary at the department of the the army and the thing gets approved as filed.

Christy

b*tch rocket
From what I am reading it's complete bull. DOJ says no, but everyone else is saying yes, the permits are in place and it is going to happen. I can't believe there are so many people buying into the BS of this absurd protest. I still don't know why they are pissing and moaning now about it. They had YEARS to voice concern and never did. I suspect it is a money grab, but I could be wrong.

glhs837

Power with Control
From what I am reading it's complete bull. DOJ says no, but everyone else is saying yes, the permits are in place and it is going to happen. I can't believe there are so many people buying into the BS of this absurd protest. I still don't know why they are pissing and moaning now about it. They had YEARS to voice concern and never did. I suspect it is a money grab, but I could be wrong.

I found an article that describes the efforts taken to include them in the planning, and the many ways they spiked the process. Set meeting, pipeline reps arrives, tribal leader tells them, "Sorry, we got here early and decided to knock it out, everybody else has left."

http://dailysignal.com/2016/11/17/t...peline-that-protesters-dont-want-you-to-know/

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/opin...k-sioux-other-side-110916-20161109-story.html

In September 2014 alone, the corps made five unsuccessful attempts to meet with Standing Rock Sioux leaders. The next month, a meeting was arranged, but “when the Corps timely arrived for the meeting, Tribal Chairman David Archambault told them that the conclave had started earlier than planned and had already ended,” according to a federal judge. At a planned meeting the next month, the tribe took the pipeline off the agenda and refused to discuss it. This stonewalling by tribal leaders continued for a year and a half.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
In September 2014 alone, the corps made five unsuccessful attempts to meet with Standing Rock Sioux leaders. The next month, a meeting was arranged, but “when the Corps timely arrived for the meeting, Tribal Chairman David Archambault told them that the conclave had started earlier than planned and had already ended,” according to a federal judge. At a planned meeting the next month, the tribe took the pipeline off the agenda and refused to discuss it. This stonewalling by tribal leaders continued for a year and a half.

I missed where the Tribe started meeting early, but I posted an article last week, they kept blowing off the meetings
... I also read the route was meticulously surveyed the 'Burial Grounds' were a sudden unfounded find

itsbob

I bowl overhand

HUGE money grab.. Sioux thinks the Pipeline owner/ builder will roll over and pay out HUGE to shut them up because the pipeline is so close to completion.. with the end in sight they thought they would roll over and pay them millions just to be done with it.

SURPRISE... they didn't.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Army Corps of Engineers.. NOT the Army..

Today on BBC news, the news reader said it was the "United States Army" who cancelled the pipeline. The Army Corps of Engineers is a confusing concept for those outside the country.

officeguy

Army Corps of Engineers.. NOT the Army..

Lt Gen Todd Semonite, the Chief of Engineers reports to Assistant Secretary of the Army JoEllen Darcy. The office she heads is part of the Dept of the Army and she reports to the Undersecretary of the Army Patrick Murphy.

So yes, in the end it is the Dept of the Army that governs whether you can piss off the end of your dock (below the ordinary high water line).

Christy

b*tch rocket
It's not DOJ this time. It is some political appointee in the dept of the army.

Thanks for the clarification. I should get smarter on the issue, but to be honest, I really have no interest other than wanting the SJW's on my fb to shut up about the whole thing. :lol:

Christy

b*tch rocket
HUGE money grab.. Sioux thinks the Pipeline owner/ builder will roll over and pay out HUGE to shut them up because the pipeline is so close to completion.. with the end in sight they thought they would roll over and pay them millions just to be done with it.

SURPRISE... they didn't.

I really really hope Trump tells them all (on twitter) to suck it. It's the stupidest protest I have seen in a long time. Okay, not really :lol: there are a million and one stupid protests being waged in this Country right now. This one just happens to be cluttering up my fb feed and it needs to go away. My rights are being infringed. :burning: :wink: