How Do You Like Me Now

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Ya like that??? Ya like that??? The words that cemented the firing of the guy that gift wrapped that win for ya'lls - Lovie Smith. So glad he was dumped, and the Bucs are much better off without he or his coaches.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Imagine if he had 2012 to get some experience instead of holding a clip board on the side lines. He's matured into a solid QB for the most part. When he learns to pull the ball down and run for a few of those 6-7 yard first downs he'll be that much better.

I didn't watch the game yesterday so I don't know how bad/good he looked. The team is probably better than their record shows, but like the election it's how many points you score that matter.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Imagine if he had 2012 to get some experience instead of holding a clip board on the side lines. He's matured into a solid QB for the most part. When he learns to pull the ball down and run for a few of those 6-7 yard first downs he'll be that much better.

I didn't watch the game yesterday so I don't know how bad/good he looked. The team is probably better than their record shows, but like the election it's how many points you score that matter.

He was solid except for two late plays they gave a blitz they hadn't run all game. He made two panic throws that were not far from being great, great plays. He choked on both. Thing about him is this seems to be how he progresses : blow it now, learn and make it next game.

Defense wins championships be you Peyton or Brady or Montana. We are not a solid defense let alone great.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No, they are exactly as good as their record. For every play or two that would mean a win or two more, they have a couple wins that could gone the other way.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
After last night, ya like that now?

Even with an awful season, Carolina STILL has a damn good defense, starting with their line which STONED us all game long. That makes backers better and DB's better. I think I'll send Scott a note to that effect...

And Cam, man, he is a stud. Hate that guy.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Yup. We play them here in Tampa Jan 1, and I sure hope those stinking panthers have no desire to be here and bring their golf clubs.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Cousins! How do you like it now? Your buddy Norman did no favors with his two personal fouls, and if Beckham had not been taken out in the 3rd, I'm sure old Norm would have had at least one more 15 yarder flag.

The Foreskins are right where they belong with my Bucs - clearing their lockers out.

Patriots!!!!!!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The table was set for a last minute, come from behind win. Just like many games this year, defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I can offer no defense; Kirk came up empty. He looked rushed and unsure and took too long all game. He could have pulled it out. He totally choked.

Hank

my war
I can offer no defense; Kirk came up empty. He looked rushed and unsure and took too long all game. He could have pulled it out. He totally choked.

Yeah, Cousins just does not seem consistent or reliable but he threw up some good numbers this season.... But, who you gonna get? Local sports radio callers are witch hunting and want him gone.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Effin Redskins fans are the worst, almost as bad the FanBoy owner. There was absolutely no running game over the last few games so NY, who spent a metric shiat ton of money on defense, relied on their pass rush since we are basically a one dimensional team. Cousins stays because he is a top tier QB, the supporting cast needs to be reinforced.

Josh Norman is probably the biggest joke in the NFL, but he got his payday.

Last edited:

Hank

my war
Effin Redskins fans are the worst, almost as bad the FanBoy owner. There was absolutely no running game over the last few games so NY, who spent a metric shiat ton of money on defense, relied on their pass rush since we are basically a one dimensional team. Cousins stays because he is a top tier QB, the supporting cast needs to be reinforced.

From what I gathered... Key places they need help in are like you said, the running game, their run defense and that God awful kicker, Hopkins..

Local sports radio after a Skins loss is the best because like you said, the fans are the worst.... Amusingly!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah, Cousins just does not seem consistent or reliable but he threw up some good numbers this season.... But, who you gonna get? Local sports radio callers are witch hunting and want him gone.

Here's the thing; if the goal is winning the super bowl, and that should be the goal of any team, Kirk isn't the weak link. The defense is. We simply are not physically talented enough to be an above average defense. Denver won last year with a virtually useless Peyton. Rex Grossman made a Superbowl. All sorts of QB's I'd rather have Kirk over have been there and won it. No one, ever, has gotten there, let alone won, without an exceptional defense. Kirk coulda won the game yesterday and should have but then it would have ended the following week in Seattle or Detroit or Green Bay. He's not the problem.

Defense is.

For Kirk, the question boils down to whether or not you wanna start over again. You have to pay quarterbacks and they should have last year. Now, they have to pay even more or start over. The guy doesn't get hurt and is good, damn good. With a top 5 defense, I think he's more than good enough.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Josh Norman is probably the biggest joke in the NFL, but he got his payday.

Carolina replaced him with two young kids who, while not as good, come with NONE of the prima donna baggage. This team has a fetish for the secondary and it's gotta stop. You build a secondary via the draft, period.