Two Troopers Struck by DUI Driver in Charles Co.

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Two Troopers Struck by DUI Driver in Charles Co.

Date: 12-06-2016 11:22 AM

Summary: Two troopers at the scene of a traffic crash in Charles Co. last night were struck by an impaired driver passing the scene, bringing to 37 the number of troopers hit while on traffic stops, crash scenes, or in construction zones this year.

Click here for the full story...

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
then the tow truck driver shows up impaired and gets arrested...smh.

Last edited:

Hijinx

Troopers weren't hit their car was, and they were in it. Very misleading headline.
Seem weird the woman could not see these cars as bright as the LED lighting system they use today is.
Even drunk those are some bright lights, almost too bright.

John Z

if you will
And the offender (first one, not the tow truck driver) was a 75 year old Miata-driving granny! That in itself is interesting.

terbear1225

Troopers weren't hit their car was, and they were in it. Very misleading headline.
Seem weird the woman could not see these cars as bright as the LED lighting system they use today is.
Even drunk those are some bright lights, almost too bright.

I found the headline a bit misleading as well. Glad all parties were uninjured!

BTW, police are being aggressive in compliance with the move over law. I had just gone over the TJ bridge headed north, there was an officer with lights on the shoulder. My left lane was blocked, so I braked an slowed to a very slow speed and passed the officer in-lane as per the letter of the law. A few seconds later I got pulled over for failure to comply with the move over law. Took a bit of convincing but I was let off with a warning.

Be aware.

littlelady

God bless the USA
BTW, police are being aggressive in compliance with the move over law. I had just gone over the TJ bridge headed north, there was an officer with lights on the shoulder. My left lane was blocked, so I braked an slowed to a very slow speed and passed the officer in-lane as per the letter of the law. A few seconds later I got pulled over for failure to comply with the move over law. Took a bit of convincing but I was let off with a warning.

Be aware.

That is a really good point. If you can't move over, you can't move over without causing an accident. It is a good law, but cannot always be followed. Glad you just got a warning. That law of moving over cannot be followed every time. It would be helpful if people in the left lane would be more tolerant of letting others get over; but, you know, everyone is always in such a hurry, and then you see them at the next light.