Does it bother anyone...

PsyOps

Pixelated
That Trump met with Al Gore?

Trump is on record as denying the science of 'climate change'... however, Invanka supports the premise of man-made global warming. Is it any coincidence that Invanka and Donald met with Al Gore yesterday, then Ivanka announces she and her husband are moving to DC? She and her husband will be key advisors to Donald. Ivanka intends to make fighting climate change one of her signature issues. Will Donald Trump be at odds with his own daughter? Or will he yield to her ideas to address a problem Donald says is a hoax created by China to destroy capitalism?

Why would Trump even entertain a visit by Al Gore?

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/us/politics/climate-change-trump-al-gore.html?_r=0

Last edited:
Gore may or may not have a place in this new regime, but I'd call Trump closed-minded if he didn't at least keep an open mind and entertain possibilities. I give him credit for that.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
When two powers go to war, when one admits defeat and/or surrenders the victor still meets with, negotiates with and sets demands to those they defeated.. you don't ignore the losers, but let them have a hand in their surrender/defeat.. making it a little more palatable to their minions..

How can you do that if you don't meet with them?

I actually think it's refreshing, and Gore isn't the first democrat.. and I don't recall Obama calling any Republicans to meet with him about his transition other than the Speaker..

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Doesn't bother, or surprise me at all. I didn't vote for Trump, as you know. I am ecstatic his witchy opponent was dumped, but as for the current selections, I'm just sitting back and watching the show.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
When two powers go to war, when one admits defeat and/or surrenders the victor still meets with, negotiates with and sets demands to those they defeated.. you don't ignore the losers, but let them have a hand in their surrender/defeat.. making it a little more palatable to their minions..

I actually think it's refreshing, and Gore isn't the first democrat.. and I don't recall Obama calling any Republicans to meet with him about his transition other than the Speaker..

If they were meeting with hillary, that would make some sense. That they've chosen to resurrect a has been who had nothing to do with the battle in question is a whole other thing.

How many trump fans who liked his tell it like it is name calling do you think are slowly starting to realize they have been had?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
If they were meeting with hillary, that would make some sense. That they've chosen to resurrect a has been who had nothing to do with the battle in question is a whole other thing.

How many trump fans who liked his tell it like it is name calling do you think are slowly starting to realize they have been had?

No, Hillary is done.. they gave her her shot.. she has NO power in the democratic party any longer.. Talking with her would be a colossal waste of time (MAYBE Bill, but NOT Hillary)

Behind the scenes I bet Gore has a LOT more influence than we know, or anyone will admit.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

And been had?? How so??

This is exactly what I expected. He's a non party candidate for all intensive porpoise... I expected him from the beginning if he didn't name one or two Democrats to his cabinet that they would still be involved in his White House..

More business like atmosphere.. no loyalties.. straight up, who's the best person for the job, even if he personally dislikes that person.

SamSpade

I don't care one way or another about climate change SO LONG AS the *solution* the proponents craft doesn't involve doubling or tripling my electric bill and taxing the sh!t out of me just so they can jet around telling people about it, live VERY well and tell countries to do something about it - and they agree - and then do nothing.

As long as their ideas doesn't include taking a buttload of my money so they can play with it and pretend they know what they're doing, they can talk all they want.
When you're taking my cash and my future, you'd better come with more than threats and a bag full of insults.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Gore may or may not have a place in this new regime, but I'd call Trump closed-minded if he didn't at least keep an open mind and entertain possibilities. I give him credit for that.

If this happened in a sort of vacuum I would grant you this. But I'm trying to connect dots here. I'm connecting Donald with Ivanka and Gore. I'm not looking at this as some kumbaya moment where Trump is extending some sort of olive branch to bridge some divide between democrats and republicans. Gore isn't one to be trusted at all. He is an evil opportunist that will screw everyone in his pursuit to thickly line his pockets on the backs of ignorant 'climate change' nuts. Trump may have had the best of intentions here; but you can be damn sure Gore doesn't. And he will use Ivanka to pin her against her own father if he could.

You have to be closed-minded to people like Gore.

Last edited:

GregV814

why is Trump meeting with this POS Mayor of DC ??? Because he has to. She is worthless, but he has to be presidential... She's as much a fool as the Mayor of Baltimore and they slander and ridicule him, but he sort of has to take it in stride.....Obama took no such actions...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No, Hillary is done.. they gave her her shot.. she has NO power in the democratic party any longer.. Talking with her would be a colossal waste of time (MAYBE Bill, but NOT Hillary)

Behind the scenes I bet Gore has a LOT more influence than we know, or anyone will admit.

Day to day illustrates how profoundly wrong you are. If Hillary were done this sob fest would be over.

PsyOps

Pixelated
why is Trump meeting with this POS Mayor of DC ??? Because he has to. She is worthless, but he has to be presidential... She's as much a fool as the Mayor of Baltimore and they slander and ridicule him, but he sort of has to take it in stride.....Obama took no such actions...

Meeting with a mayor he will have to work with doesn't compare to a activist that has nothing else in mind that making millions peddling nonsense.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Meeting with a mayor he will have to work with doesn't compare to a activist that has nothing else in mind that making millions peddling nonsense.

And how does meeting with someone who peddles non sense not comport with who and what Trump is all about?

If this happened in a sort of vacuum I would grant you this. But I'm trying to connect dots here. I'm connecting Donald with Ivanka and Gore. I'm not looking at this as some kumbaya moment where Trump is extending some sort of olive branch to bridge some divide between democrats and republicans. Gore isn't one to be trusted at all. He is an evil opportunist that will screw everyone in his pursuit to thickly line his pockets on the backs of ignorant 'climate change' nuts. Trump may have had the best of intentions here; but you can be damn sure Gore doesn't. And he will use Ivanka to pin her against her own father if he could.

You have to be closed-minded to people like Gore.

I get why you're reading deeper into this than most, and do get your concerns, but at this point Trump has surprised us all along the way, and at this point I'm not ready to read between the lines or read more into this than can be seen. He's gonna do what he's gonna do.

I didn't vote for Obama, but gave him the benefit of the doubt when elected.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ivanka Trump will have difficulty pushing father to left on environment

It's nevertheless been reported that Ivanka wishes to assume the bully pulpit usually wielded by the first lady and that climate change could become one of her signature issues. She has already served as an ambassador of sorts for her father in more liberal settings, such as her September appearance at "Weekend with Charlie Rose" in Aspen.

Jared Kushner, her husband, comes from a Democratic family. That hasn't stopped him from emerging as an important adviser to President-elect Trump, who has even floated the possibility that his son-in-law will have a role in the Middle East peace process.

Ivanka has already had an impact on her father's appeal to working women, helping to shape his approach to parental leave and other family issues. But environmental activism could be a bridge too far.

Donald Trump was elected president by Rust Belt states, with strong support from voters list environmental regulations alongside trade agreements as the reason for the decline in manufacturing jobs. He ran up huge margins in coal states, beating Hillary Clinton by 30 points in Kentucky and almost 42 points in Kentucky.

PsyOps

Pixelated
And how does meeting with someone who peddles non sense not comport with who and what Trump is all about?

I've said it from the beginning that I have no idea which Trump we're going to get. I also expect him to do things in the most unconventional way - not the establishment way; although he is entertaining lots and lots of establishment people - as I expected. I'm not finding much of what he's doing very comforting; but I'm not surprised by any of it.

black dog

Free America

Yep.. Follow the Money.. Huge money in the Green Industry..
Follow the Money.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I've said it from the beginning that I have no idea which Trump we're going to get. I also expect him to do things in the most unconventional way - not the establishment way; although he is entertaining lots and lots of establishment people - as I expected. I'm not finding much of what he's doing very comforting; but I'm not surprised by any of it.

I see this as a snake oil salesman meet and greet.