Roofing Company Recommendations

RPMDAD

Hello live in Huntingtown Calvert County, looking for a recommendation for a local roofing company, or any roofing company people on somd.com have had good experiences with. When i said local, i meant Calvert ,St. Marys, Charles County or Southern Anne Arundel. If you have had good experience with a roofing company up the road somewhere please share the info. This is for a multi level single family house. T.I.A.

Khiggins

I looked for the same thing several years ago, trying to get a new roof and keep the work local. I finally decided to go with GH Clark in Prince Frederick. I showed them my concerns up front. I was told all would be good. The guys that came out to do the work were not local guys. They met a GH Clark employee who showed them what was to be done, and left them to do the work. From what i was able to understand from the guys, they got called from time to time for jobs, but not full time employees. 8 months after I had the roof done, I found black mold in my attic. Once calls were made, the owner came out and looked at the problem. After going back and forth a bit, we agreed on what needed done. I still ended up paying for some (probably should have argued more). When the next crew came out, they were a much better crew, but still not full time employees. On one behalf, I would not recommend them because of what happened. On the other, at least the owner came out to see the issue and try to make right.

nutz

Hello live in Huntingtown Calvert County, looking for a recommendation for a local roofing company, or any roofing company people on somd.com have had good experiences with. When i said local, i meant Calvert ,St. Marys, Charles County or Southern Anne Arundel. If you have had good experience with a roofing company up the road somewhere please share the info. This is for a multi level single family house. T.I.A.

Boone's 301-932-1333
Bob Green 301-884-5477

http://www.boonesroofing.com/
http://www.bobgreensiding.com/#5

GregV814

has anyone had experience of placing metal over an existing roof? in theory it sounds good....

NextJen

Raisin cane
I left the post below back in 2013 after having my roof done. The office phone for Innovative Construction Services is 301-632-9830. Three years later I am still very satisfied with the roof and gutters, which have the leaf relief shield to keep the gutters clear. By the way, I'm in Owings, so not far from where you are. Good luck!

From 2013 -

I just had my roof and gutters replaced this past week/weekend. I used

Innovative Construction Services
Roofing, Siding, & Gutters Throughout Southern Maryland
http://www.innovativeconstructionserv.com/

The owner, Brian, came out and gave the estimate himself. He walked me through all the items, was very knowledgeable, and took time to answer all of my questions. All of the rain kept them from doing the job on the promised date, but that wasn't their fault, and he made sure to call me and explain the reason for delay and give me another anticipated date. I went with Innovative out of the couple estimates I got because the estimates were similar, but Innovative used Certainteed shingles. The roof and gutters look great! Can't wait to see how well the gutter guard stuff works!

nutz

has anyone had experience of placing metal over an existing roof? in theory it sounds good....

Yes, I've done on that on a couple of our buildings. First they remove any loose shingles, then place nailing strips across the roof, then trim, then panels. Advantage is that they don't have to remove old shingles, minimum load added to exisiting roof, existing protection stays in place and insulation factors are increased.

Pitfall is cost. Depending on material and color it can be cheaper than shingling or at least double the price. Exposed fastener, ag panel runs ~2.25/ linear foot while hidden fastener, standing seam is up to ~6.00/linear foot plus labor

http://www.abcmetalroofing.com/Residential/SL-16-/

jasonandjen

We like Two Brothers Roofing of Southern Maryland. Albert knows his stuff. www.twobrothersroofingsouthernmd.com 240-466-4900 He said he would do a metal roof for me, he does them and likes doing them but that they are cost prohibitive so most people end up going with asphalt for the lifetime you get for the dollar is so much higher. I would just go asphalt myself

PeoplesElbow

When you compare prices between asphalt shingles and metal you have to consider if you are comparing the cheapest 3 tab shingles or good architectural shingles.

Grumpy

Who did you end up using or getting quotes from? Review??

ad66216

I would check out Southern Maryland Roofing in Lusby, MD. A friend of mine referred me to this company and I when I met the owner, I was very impressed. Albert and his crew did an amazing job and cleaned up everything before they left. He does great work on commercial roofs and residential roofs. His website is https://somdroofing.com/ if you want to check them out.

dave1959

I would check out Southern Maryland Roofing in Lusby, MD. A friend of mine referred me to this company and I when I met the owner, I was very impressed. Albert and his crew did an amazing job and cleaned up everything before they left. He does great work on commercial roofs and residential roofs. His website is https://somdroofing.com/ if you want to check them out.

Do realize you answered a thread that is almost 3 years old...???