Donald Trump sold all stockholdings in June, spokesman says

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Donald Trump sold all stockholdings in June, spokesman says

Trump had at least two brokerage accounts that held about 150 separate corporate stock and bond investments, including for companies such as Amazon, Apple, Boeing and Visa, The Wall Street Journal reported. But Trump's spokesman, Jason Miller, said those no longer represented a conflict of interest.

"The president-elect sold all of his stock back in June," he said during a phone call with reporters.

Trump last week said he plans to leave his business "in total" in order to focus on the presidency, though he is not "mandated under law" to do so. The president-elect has been questioned since winning the presidency over potential conflicts of interest with his expansive business empire. One of Trump's options is to put his assets into an independent blind trust but he will hold a press conference on Dec. 15 to announce his solution.

glhs837

Power with Control
Want to bet the 15th will be a surprise also? And also well played? I'll put a beer on that.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
No matter what Trump does, there is no way there will not be charges of some kind of conflict of interests against either him or family members. It's an impossible no win scenario for him. he just has to make sure he complies with law and not worry about what whiners say or do.

glhs837

Power with Control
No matter what Trump does, there is no way there will not be charges of some kind of conflict of interests against either him or family members. It's an impossible no win scenario for him. he just has to make sure he complies with law and not worry about what whiners say or do.

Sadly, he cant just wave any old fig leave and expect the press to weave it into a suit of armor like the Clintons.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Sadly, he cant just wave any old fig leave and expect the press to weave it into a suit of armor like the Clintons.

Well stated. I wanted to say something about the Clintons, and that's the thrust of what I wished to convey, but really could not find the words.