Something else for right wing extremist Trump haters to cry about

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/12/07/emanuel-to-meet-trump-in-new-york/

In a private meeting in New York, Mayor Rahm Emanuel delivered a letter to President-elect Donald Trump, urging him to continue a federal program that allows some undocumented immigrants to avoid deportation.

OH NO!!!! Trump met with Rahm Emanuel!!!! They must be in cahoots! They're in love! Rahm will be controlling The Donald!! They also talked ON THE PHONE!!!!

:jameo: :cds:

glhs837

Power with Control
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/12/07/emanuel-to-meet-trump-in-new-york/

In a private meeting in New York, Mayor Rahm Emanuel delivered a letter to President-elect Donald Trump, urging him to continue a federal program that allows some undocumented immigrants to avoid deportation.

OH NO!!!! Trump met with Rahm Emanuel!!!! They must be in cahoots! They're in love! Rahm will be controlling The Donald!! They also talked ON THE PHONE!!!!

:jameo: :cds:

While this may not be the Trump many thought they were voting for, this is the Trump I had hoped to get. And I hope to hell that the Pelosi crowd can see the potential here for Trump to be more of a Clinton and less of an Obama. Get stuff done. Spend less time building walls, so to speak, and more time finding places where you can agree. I think most people are okay with finding a way to integrate some of the illegals like these kids. No free pass, but no impossible cliff either.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I'll say this like I said with the DC mayor... Emanuel is a mayor of a major city that Trump will have to deal with. It makes sense to open communications along these lines.

But let's be honest here... with all Trump has said about illegals and sanctuary cities, do you expect Trump to comply with Emanuel's request? Do you expect Trump to work with Emanuel on this level?

glhs837

Power with Control
I'll say this like I said with the DC mayor... Emanuel is a mayor of a major city that Trump will have to deal with. It makes sense to open communications along these lines.

But let's be honest here... with all Trump has said about illegals and sanctuary cities, do you expect Trump to comply with Emanuel's request? Do you expect Trump to work with Emanuel on this level?

I expect, or hope anyway, that he'll focus first on the real bad seeds. The truly hardcore criminal ones. Strike that deal.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
While this may not be the Trump many thought they were voting for, this is the Trump I had hoped to get. And I hope to hell that the Pelosi crowd can see the potential here for Trump to be more of a Clinton and less of an Obama. Get stuff done. Spend less time building walls, so to speak, and more time finding places where you can agree. I think most people are okay with finding a way to integrate some of the illegals like these kids. No free pass, but no impossible cliff either.

I agree. Anyone who thought they were going to get some vindictive right wing zealot...sorry for your luck.

I'll admit it: when the crazy Left was in charge and running amok, I wanted nothing more than to have a hammer come in and pound the chit out of them. Now that I have suckled on their tears of anguish, I'm okay with compromise.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I expect, or hope anyway, that he'll focus first on the real bad seeds. The truly hardcore criminal ones. Strike that deal.

Most certainly. Things have to be done in steps. But Trump seemed quite committed to doing away with sanctuary cities; so we'll see how this plays out.

This_person

I think if the kids are here at 5 years old or younger, and self-report at age 18, I would give them a pass. Any older when they got here and they're not really growing up as Americans with no other knowledge of any other life. Any older reporting and they've likely already used a stolen ID to get a job somewhere, or put in for federal funding assistance for college, or something like that. We expect them to be responsible adults at 18 in this country, able to legally-bind in a contract. Their contract with the United States is to acknowledge their status as illegal alien, and try and get some help from the US.

Of course they need to be fully fluent in English. It's not their fault their parent(s) made them enter the country illegally, but it's also not the fault of the children of other criminals that their parents are criminals. We don't give them a pass just because they're children, or give the parents a pass because they have kids. You break and enter a house and you will be punished, and your family or the court system will have to find a way to take care of your kids. I'm not suggesting breaking up families - if you have kids here, take 'em home to your home country when you get deported! As a taxpayer, I'm fine with funding that.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I agree. Anyone who thought they were going to get some vindictive right wing zealot...sorry for your luck.

I'll admit it: when the crazy Left was in charge and running amok, I wanted nothing more than to have a hammer come in and pound the chit out of them. Now that I have suckled on their tears of anguish, I'm okay with compromise.

What sort of compromise would you accept from Trump in regards to sanctuary cities; especially considering Trump is adamant about defunding states with sanctuary cities and repealing Obama's EO on ICE not deporting?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Who said anything about "comply"? What's it cost to listen?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What sort of compromise would you accept from Trump in regards to sanctuary cities;

You say "accept" like you (or I) have a choice in the matter. If Trump doesn't do as you say, what are you gonna do about it? Not vote for him, the same way you didn't vote for him last time? Hold your breath until you turn blue? Bitch and cry on the internet?

Trump hasn't called to ask my opinion (yet). I'm content to see what he does once he's actually, you know, president, instead of sitting around having a cow about what he *might* do. Projecting into the future and engaging in catastrophic thinking is no way to live your life.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Who said anything about "comply"? What's it cost to listen?

You say "accept" like you (or I) have a choice in the matter. If Trump doesn't do as you say, what are you gonna do about it? Not vote for him, the same way you didn't vote for him last time? Hold your breath until you turn blue? Bitch and cry on the internet?

Trump hasn't called to ask my opinion (yet). I'm content to see what he does once he's actually, you know, president, instead of sitting around having a cow about what he *might* do. Projecting into the future and engaging in catastrophic thinking is no way to live your life.

How's "expect"?
How about "anticipate"?
What about "desire"?

Why don't you define for me what words I should use in order for you to even get my point?

Trump ran on a platform of build a wall, end sanctuary cities, and deport illegals (starting with criminals).

Do you, at all, desire, expect, want, need Trump to do any of what he campaigned on? Is it now compromise - go against what he promised - with people like Rahm Emanuel the lowered expectations from Trump?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How's "expect"?
How about "anticipate"?
What about "desire"?

What about "wait and see" before you go off on some hysterical tirade? The guy hasn't even taken the oath of office yet.

You are just not cut out for this democracy and representation thing. This is ALL of our country, not just yours.

PsyOps

Pixelated
What about "wait and see" before you go off on some hysterical tirade? The guy hasn't even taken the oath of office yet.

You are just not cut out for this democracy and representation thing. This is ALL of our country, not just yours.

All I'm saying is giving audience to Gore, Emanuel and Romney are not what I expected from this so-called anti-establishment guy. Especially when Romney was so vile towards Trump. I get the forgive and forget mentality - now that's he won. I'm am playing exactly what you are demanding I play "wait and see"; but it's perfectly within reason to have concerns when Trump is meeting with these people. That's all Vrai - CONCERNS. There is no hysteria here. There are no tirade except what's coming from you.

glhs837

Power with Control
Most certainly. Things have to be done in steps. But Trump seemed quite committed to doing away with sanctuary cities; so we'll see how this plays out.

What sort of compromise would you accept from Trump in regards to sanctuary cities; especially considering Trump is adamant about defunding states with sanctuary cities and repealing Obama's EO on ICE not deporting?

So, here's the GLHS Plan. Steps is indeed a key. Step one. Violent criminal illegals, there is NO sanctuary. There shall be no reporting/immigration action taken against illegals who give evidence/testimony against violent illegals. The need to remove these people from our society is greater than our societal need to stop illegal Jose from swinging a hammer on a roof all day. Seems easy. Can anyone reasonably say that doing these two things is not a net gain for illegals and our society?

Step two. Let them propose the next step. Must be a step towards reducing the ill effects wrought on American society by illegals. Must have the same sort of "Here we can agree as reasonable people" vibe. We came to you with a reasonable thing, and made it possible. Now you do the same. People do this every day in every walk of life on this planet. We need to expect this behavior out of politicians constantly. Give and take, not blow up the house because you cant agree on what floor creamer you are buying for the coffee.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
All I'm saying is giving audience to Gore, Emanuel and Romney are not what I expected from this so-called anti-establishment guy. Especially when Romney was so vile towards Trump. I get the forgive and forget mentality - now that's he won. I'm am playing exactly what you are demanding I play "wait and see"; but it's perfectly within reason to have concerns when Trump is meeting with these people. That's all Vrai - CONCERNS. There is no hysteria here. There are no tirade except what's coming from you.

When your wife talks to another man do you immediately jump to "she's having an affair"?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
So, here's the GLHS Plan. Steps is indeed a key. Step one. Violent criminal illegals, there is NO sanctuary. There shall be no reporting/immigration action taken against illegals who give evidence/testimony against violent illegals. The need to remove these people from our society is greater than our societal need to stop illegal Jose from swinging a hammer on a roof all day. Seems easy. Can anyone reasonably say that doing these two things is not a net gain for illegals and our society?

Step two. Let them propose the next step. Must be a step towards reducing the ill effects wrought on American society by illegals. Must have the same sort of "Here we can agree as reasonable people" vibe. We came to you with a reasonable thing, and made it possible. Now you do the same. People do this every day in every walk of life on this planet. We need to expect this behavior out of politicians constantly. Give and take, not blow up the house because you cant agree on what floor creamer you are buying for the coffee.
I'd say you need a parallel step 1, stop the flood at the same time. It doesn't do any good to deport someone if they can be back by the end of the week.

cant agree on what floor creamer you are buying for the coffee
:lmao:

Toxick

Splat
Trump ran on a platform of build a wall, end sanctuary cities, and deport illegals (starting with criminals).

Do you, at all, desire, expect, want, need Trump to do any of what he campaigned on? Is it now compromise - go against what he promised - with people like Rahm Emanuel the lowered expectations from Trump?

I do desire, expect, want that.

Desire and want because Trump said a lot of #### that I disagree with, and I'm glad that it was all bloviating, like I thought it was.

Expect because that is who Trump is. It's who he's always been. This is a man who's been in the public eye for, what, four? five? decades now. What he's doing now doesn't seem out of character in the slightest. All you have to do is observe him from the 1980's till now. Insight into his character is more available and transparent than any other politician since Abraham Lincoln... Maybe ever. I'd be amazed if he had actually meant all that bull#### he said, and even more amazed if didn't intend to reach out to opponents, rivals and enemies.

He wrote a book, "The Art of the Deal", for Christ sake. The Deal. It's right there in the title. I haven't read it, but I'd bet a 10-spot to a kick in the nuts the word "Negotiate" appears in the book more than once. I have read the cliff-notes outlining his "11 Steps for Success". Sounds about right.

He had a successful reality Television show. I never watched it myself, but from what I gather, it was popular enough that managed to usurp the phrase "You're Fired" in a way that hasn't been seen since Oscar Slate yelled it in Fred Flintstone's face. You don't get that popular unless you know how to tell people exactly what they want to hear and give them exactly what they want.

So, you take a complete alpha-predator egomaniac with enough business acumen to own half of the buildings in NYC ... and you don't expect him to skirt around his pie-in-the-sky promises, and you don't expect him to negotiate with former rivals and outright enemies?

Really, bro?

And, quite frankly I am really over Democrats with their arms folded standing there with an angry look on their face angled away from Republicans, who are standing there doing the same thing. Some actual compromise - like we had back when the Constitution was originally written - is way the hell overdue. This all-or-nothing mentality from stubborn obstructionist party shills has destroyed enough of this country. I'd love to see an attitude adjustment for every one of the petulant children in charge of this compost heap.

I doubt that will happen any time soon - but I do not doubt some sort of negotiation will be finally had, and I see that as a very good thing.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'd say you need a parallel step 1, stop the flood at the same time. It doesn't do any good to deport someone if they can be back by the end of the week.

So, this is where we need to stop tying things we all can agree on with thing we cannot agree on. That way lies gridlock. So, we know there are violent criminals, we know we need to deport them. That can happen next week, given the will. Building the wall will take years. Do you propose we just wait for the former while the latter takes place? Tell the home govt that if we see their guy in the States again, it's %1 off whatever we give them in foreign aid. Lock them up back home, give them lives so great they don't want to come back here, feed them to piranha's, don't care. Not our circus, not our monkey. Their monkey, their solution. Keep your monkey at home or it's going to cost you.

tommyjo

instead of sitting around having a cow about what he *might* do. Projecting into the future and engaging in catastrophic thinking is no way to live your life.

Please go back and read any of your posts this year that involved Hillary Clinton...your life must have really sucked...which was obvious.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Y'all better start ratcheting back your expectations sooner rather than later. Even getting rid of violent illegals is problematic. Is it really intelligent to send them back not knowing if they'll just be let out again or not only to come right back over the border? The wall is problematic because, as was recently said, for every 8' wall there is a 9' ladder and for every 9' wall a 10' ladder. Or tunnel. And a LOT of the land along the border is private. Next, YUUUUGGGEEEE numbers of illegals are working, paying taxes, paying rent, buying food, cars, gas, beer and so forth. Their bosses love them, their landlords and local small business's do as well.

For every million we 'send' back, you're talking about something along the lines of $20 BILLION in lost income, assuming merely $10 an hour, that isn't going to the aforementioned economic activity and then there is the direct loss to business that has to hire some American who doesn't want the job to begin with so, at best, he will cost more and do less. At worst, he'll cost a lot more and do a lot less. Given labor costs average somewhere between 15-30% of gross sales, at present a $10 an hour illegal is producing something like 3 to 7 times his labor, so, if an American costs double and does half the work, that $20 billion loss is going to be perhaps $70-80 billion extra cost per million.

So, is he going to actually do something that, demonstrably, will cost about $100 billion PER million illegals run off?

I dunno. Maybe so.