Donald Trump attacks Carrier union leader, blames employees for being laid off

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Donald Trump blasted the Carrier union's president Wednesday after he said the president-elect "lied his ass off" about terms of the deal to keep Carrier manufacturing jobs in the United States.

"Chuck Jones, who is President of United Steelworkers 1999, has done a terrible job representing workers," the president-elect tweeted Wednesday. "No wonder companies flee country!"

In a subsequent tweet, the president-elect slammed the union for not being able to keep the jobs in Indiana initially.

"If United Steelworkers 1999 was any good, they would have kept those jobs in Indiana. Spend more time working-less time talking. Reduce dues," Trump tweeted.

Jones appeared on CNN just before Trump's tweet. He told CNN anchor Erin Burnett that Trump's comment "isn't very damn nice." He added it "must mean I'm doing a good job," and said Trump "doesn't like to be challenged."

Jones later on CNN criticized the president-elect for attacking him instead of admitting he got the numbers wrong.

"I think that's pretty low-down," he said.

"Does it bother me? 'Nah hell no.' I'm still going to be able to sleep tonight and life will go on tomorrow for me."

Jones said he thinks Trump sent out the tweet because the president-elect doesn't like to be challenged. He added though that attacking him "isn't the answer."

"I didn't attack him," Jones said. "I just called him out where I felt like that he misled the people." "

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/309357-trump-blasts-carrier-union-leader-hes-done-a-terrible-job-representing

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
In a subsequent tweet, the president-elect slammed the union for not being able to keep the jobs in Indiana initially.

"If United Steelworkers 1999 was any good, they would have kept those jobs in Indiana. Spend more time working-less time talking. Reduce dues," Trump tweeted.

True enough.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
" Donald Trump blasted the Carrier union's president Wednesday after he said the president-elect "lied his ass off" about terms of the deal to keep Carrier manufacturing jobs in the United States.

"Chuck Jones, who is President of United Steelworkers 1999, has done a terrible job representing workers," the president-elect tweeted Wednesday. "No wonder companies flee country!"

Jones appeared on CNN just before Trump's tweet. He told CNN anchor Erin Burnett that Trump's comment "isn't very damn nice." He added it "must mean I'm doing a good job," and said Trump "doesn't like to be challenged."

Jones later on CNN criticized the president-elect for attacking him instead of admitting he got the numbers wrong.

"I think that's pretty low-down," he said.

"Does it bother me? 'Nah hell no.' I'm still going to be able to sleep tonight and life will go on tomorrow for me."

Jones said he thinks Trump sent out the tweet because the president-elect doesn't like to be challenged. He added though that attacking him "isn't the answer."

"I didn't attack him," Jones said. "I just called him out where I felt like that he misled the people." "

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/309357-trump-blasts-carrier-union-leader-hes-done-a-terrible-job-representing

What part was Trump wrong about??

Ever been to Tinker AFB where there is an empty automotive plant right across the street from the Union office building.. Nice NEW shiny building with a parking lot full of expensive cars.. yet the factory sits idle.

I'd say that SCREAMS incompetence to me.. yet the Union Workers (sometimes) willingly pay their dues making their Union leadership richer while they negotiate away their members jobs.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
But I didn't see anywhere where Trump blamed the WORKERS for the loss of their jobs.. I see where he blamed the Union Leadership.. but not the workers..

Was that a typo, or an outright lie??

This_person

But I didn't see anywhere where Trump blamed the WORKERS for the loss of their jobs.. I see where he blamed the Union Leadership.. but not the workers..

Was that a typo, or an outright lie??

Outright lie, therefore fake news! :lol:

tommyjo

What part was Trump wrong about??

Ever been to Tinker AFB where there is an empty automotive plant right across the street from the Union office building.. Nice NEW shiny building with a parking lot full of expensive cars.. yet the factory sits idle.

I'd say that SCREAMS incompetence to me.. yet the Union Workers (sometimes) willingly pay their dues making their Union leadership richer while they negotiate away their members jobs.

Trump claimed he saved 1100 jobs. He didn't. According to the latest info coming out on the deal, only 500 jobs are staying at the plant...Mr. Trump apparently also claimed 300 admin jobs in his count that were never in jeopardy.

The auto plant outside Tinker AFB and the union building nearby have nothing to do with Mr. Trump's consistent and obvious inability to conduct himself in a Presidential manner.

Mr. Trump lied about the number of jobs...took credit for things he didn't do...and then blamed the union leader for pointing out the fact the Mr. Trump lied...and lied to the faces of the workers.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Mr. Trump's consistent and obvious inability to conduct himself in a Presidential manner.

Recognizing how utterly disgusted and perpetually angry you are going to be for the next four years, at least, really puts a smile on my face. :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Union leaders have one job, and if they can't manage to do it they deserve to be attacked. It's about time we have a president who isn't afraid to take them on.