Obama is 'most frustrated' he couldn't pass gun control

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Obama is 'most frustrated' he couldn't pass gun control

"If you ask me where has been the one area where I feel that I've been most frustrated and most stymied, it is the fact that the United States of America is the one advanced nation on Earth in which we do not have sufficient common sense gun safety laws," Obama told Fareed Zakaria in the TV special, "The Legacy of Barack Obama."

Despite national anger following mass shootings throughout his two terms, Obama was unable to convince Congress to pass legislation that would change those policies, including enhancing background checks and not selling firearms at gun shows and other venues.

because your Proposals Mr pResident would have done NOTHING to stop any of the mass shootings during your reign

itsbob

I bowl overhand
because your Proposals Mr pResident would have done NOTHING to stop any of the mass shootings during your reign

He had 2 years to do it.. wasn't important enough for him to do it then.. so why not?

Hijinx

He had 2 years to do it.. wasn't important enough for him to do it then.. so why not?

The only gun laws Obama has produced have targeted the honest American gun owner. Not one has targeted the outlaw who doesn't pay attention to the law anyway.

SamSpade

I don't get why anyone thinks gun control laws will accomplish anything.

His hometown of Chicago - as we all know - has some of the strongest anti-gun laws in the nation - and they're a worldwide JOKE when it comes to gun violence.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Two years? When did Giffords get shot? That was THE moment. Known nut, loughner, perfect chance to say ok, how do we deal with the easy ones, the guy who is known and has caused concerns? Obama punted because he didn't wanna touch mental illness.

DEEKAYPEE8569

His hometown of Chicago - as we all know - has some of the strongest anti-gun laws in the nation - and they're a worldwide JOKE when it comes to gun violence.

Gun control laws don't accomplish anything. The bad guys are still going to get their hands on guns, and other weapons. The bad guys are still going to do what they do and we law-abiding citizens will be defenseless. Why? Because U.S. lawmakers; who are protected by guns; say the average U.S. citizen is incapable of protecting him/herself.
'You just get robbed at knifepoint?' 'Call 911.' 'Let the police handle things.' TOTAL B.S.!
You see that I didn't say anything about being robbed at gunpoint. Some puke point a gun at you or sticks a gun in your back and says, "Gimme your wallet!" there's NO way you're going to out-draw him. Just hand it over.
Still, however, if the average American is allowed to carry a gun, the odds are better. 'Hmm....' thinks the bad guy, 'I don't know who might be carrying a gun.' 'I better not try robbing anybody.'

Hijinx

Obama is ---and was a worldwide joke when it comes to almost anything. That's his legacy.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The only gun laws Obama has produced have targeted the honest American gun owner. Not one has targeted the outlaw who doesn't pay attention to the law anyway.

That's exactly what the code words "common sense" mean when attached to gun control. Zero effect or impact on criminals and the criminal activity involving firearms. But that's not news; the fundamental objective of all such laws is, and always has been, the systematic dismantling or neutering of the 2nd Amendment. The fact that gang bangers are blowing each other away at record rates in Chicago is an irrelevant distraction from the principle goal.

DEEKAYPEE8569

That's exactly what the code words "common sense" mean when attached to gun control. Zero effect or impact on criminals and the criminal activity involving firearms. But that's not news; the fundamental objective of all such laws is, and always has been, the systematic dismantling or neutering of the 2nd Amendment. The fact that gang bangers are blowing each other away at record rates in Chicago is an irrelevant distraction from the principle goal.
Let 'em. Thins the herd. But DO NOT mess with MY right to protect myself and mine!

SamSpade

As far as I can see, more gun control laws seem to be based on the idea that:

1. Criminals will comply and thus, not have guns to use or
2. Guns will be HARDER to get - and thus, criminals won't be able to get them and
3. People who are able to easily get guns will be more likely to commit a crime that they otherwise might not attempt.
So - make it harder, and they won't get sucked into it.

Did I miss anything? Enlighten me.

Can we all agree that all of these make no sense whatsoever?
Isn't making more laws controlling guns like making more laws against murder?
How does it stop anything?

DEEKAYPEE8569

As far as I can see, more gun control laws seem to be based on the idea that:

1. Criminals will comply and thus, not have guns to use or
2. Guns will be HARDER to get - and thus, criminals won't be able to get them and
3. People who are able to easily get guns will be more likely to commit a crime that they otherwise might not attempt.
So - make it harder, and they won't get sucked into it.

Did I miss anything? Enlighten me.
No you 'bout covered it. 1) No. Criminals will get guns by stealing. 2) Yes, guns will be harder for the law-abiding to get. 3) That's just political paranoia.

Can we all agree that all of these make no sense whatsoever?
Isn't making more laws controlling guns like making more laws against murder?
How does it stop anything?
Yes. More laws that control guns make NO difference to criminals. The term "criminal" inherently means little to no regard for the law.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Barry's gun legacy will be in the fact that firearm sales rose during his time in the WH. Now that is something to be proud of.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Barry's gun legacy will be in the fact that firearm sales rose during his time in the WH. Now that is something to be proud of.

And rose dramatically too. I hope he is proud. At least that one area of his policies resulted in a lot of business growth and new jobs...LMAO...

Inkd

The great hypocrite in chief. Push for "common sense gun control" and commute the sentence for many criminals who's charges included firearms violations.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The great hypocrite in chief. Push for "common sense gun control" and commute the sentence for many criminals who's charges included firearms violations.

He has never shown himself to be a very bright man.