Former astronaut John Glenn dies at 95

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Losing John Glenn is like losing a rock star for me. The last of the Mercury Seven. RIP, big man.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Losing John Glenn is like losing a rock star for me. The last of the Mercury Seven. RIP, big man.

You are so clever with words. Did you say rock star on purpose? :lol: The bravery that Glenn showed to get into a tiny little capsule and be injected into the atmosphere is awesome. Hub was just reading to me that his comrades that helped him into the rocket went 3 miles away in case it exploded. I like to think he is happy in the Heaven(s) that he already explored in life. What an awesome man.

One more thing. I was 7, when Glenn ventured into space. I think you are 5 years younger than me; so you were 2. To think we revere this man, now, is amazing. That is how much John Glenn impacted my/your/our lives. Not to mention he was a Marine aviator during conflict, and a test pilot.

:patriot:

Last edited:

Hijinx

John Glenn went into space in 1962. A heroic act.John Glenn has done much for this country.

It's just a damned shame that a country who sent a man to the moon now has to get Russia to transport us to the Space Station we built.

SamSpade

John Glenn went into space in 1962. A heroic act.John Glenn has done much for this country.

It's just a damned shame that a country who sent a man to the moon now has to get Russia to transport us to the Space Station we built.

Have you been watching the "Mars" docudrama on Nat Geo? It's great - if you like that sort of thing.

The only thing that surprises me is, I would ASSUME we would have the smarts to consider a base on the Moon before going straight to Mars.
There's He-3 at the southern pole - and probably subterranean ice.