This is how a rigged economy works

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (I) on Friday blasted President-elect Donald Trump's reported selection of Goldman Sachs President Gary Cohn for a top economic adviser role.

“It’s called a rigged economy and this is how it works,” Sanders tweeted.

News outlets reported Friday that Trump has chosen Goldman Sachs president Cohn to direct the National Economic Council, which advises the president on economy policy.

Sanders, a staunch critic of Wall Street, made the "rigged economy" one of his main campaign issues during his run for the Democratic presidential nomination.

“We’re going to transform America and create an economy that works for all of us, not just the billionaire class,” Sanders says on his website.

Trump struck a populist tone during the campaign as well, promising to "drain the swamp" in Washington.

But critics like Sanders say Trump's Cabinet selections undermine that promise, with Cohn the second figure with ties to Goldman Sachs to get a major appointment.

During a rally in Des Moines, Iowa, on Thursday night, Trump defended his Cabinet selections.

“One newspaper criticized me, ‘Why can’t we have people of modest means?’" he said. “Because I want people that made a fortune. Because now they’re negotiating with you.” "

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/309645-sanders-trumps-top-economic-adviser-proves-a-rigged-economy

itsbob

I bowl overhand
" Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (I) on Friday blasted President-elect Donald Trump's reported selection of Goldman Sachs President Gary Cohn for a top economic adviser role.

News outlets reported Friday that Trump has chosen Goldman Sachs president Cohn to direct the National Economic Council, which advises the president on economy policy.

Sanders, a staunch critic of Wall Street, made the "rigged economy" one of his main campaign issues during his run for the Democratic presidential nomination.

“We’re going to transform America and create an economy that works for all of us, not just the billionaire class,” Sanders says on his website.

Trump struck a populist tone during the campaign as well, promising to "drain the swamp" in Washington.

But critics like Sanders say Trump's Cabinet selections undermine that promise, with Cohn the second figure with ties to Goldman Sachs to get a major appointment.

During a rally in Des Moines, Iowa, on Thursday night, Trump defended his Cabinet selections.

“One newspaper criticized me, ‘Why can’t we have people of modest means?’" he said. “Because I want people that made a fortune. Because now they’re negotiating with you.” "

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/309645-sanders-trumps-top-economic-adviser-proves-a-rigged-economy

OOOH.. good choice that you picked.. Bernie Sanders..

How many jobs, industries.. and 21st technology has Bernie brought to Vermont..

I guess Bernie could claim NO industry jobs were lost in VT because there weren't any to begin with..

Let's see.. Maple Sugar..

Ben and Jerry's..

The Teddy Bear Factory..

Am I missing any other Fortune 500 companies???

Oh wait, let me list ALL of the companies and industries that Bernie has either owned or managed..

Did I miss any??

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member

Why don't liberals understand, people who have made money are mostly pretty smart. People working 9 to 5 do not have the ability that it takes to run Billion dollar departments of our Government. Otherwise they would be running billion dollar business or running billion dollar agencies. Geeesh.....Maybe we should get a few inner city Mayors to turn our country into Chicago, Baltimore, or Detroit....oh #### we already did that......

tommyjo

Don't think that's fair...

Although the selection of Mr. Cohn is questionable...why another Goldman guy? Why not an actual economist? At least Mr. Trump didn't pick Stephen Moore or anyone from The Heritage Foundation.

glhs837

Power with Control

Although the selection of Mr. Cohn is questionable...why another Goldman guy? Why not an actual economist? At least Mr. Trump didn't pick Stephen Moore or anyone from The Heritage Foundation.

You mean a theorist who has never actually had to prove they can actually operate an economy? Bit tired of theorists running crap. We've had 8 years with a guy with great ideas but no experience. Done with that.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

It's not over yet, droopy drawers. Say...I sure hope Teh Krugman has a place in Trump's administration.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Why don't liberals understand, people who have made money are mostly pretty smart. People working 9 to 5 do not have the ability that it takes to run Billion dollar departments of our Government.

Bernie isn't asking Trump to bring CEO's or 9-to-5 laborers into the cabinet. Bernie wants academics in the candidate so people who have never worked can make it easier for non-workers on the Federal dole or those who wish to get on the Federal dole.

Clem72

Why don't liberals understand, people who have made money are mostly pretty smart.

Don't think that is what is being debated. People who make good money are smart, people who make a LOT of money are likely smart and dedicated. People who make ungodly amounts of money (Billions...) are likely smart, dedicated, and LUCKY or DISHONEST (possibly both).

Internet startup makes a billion, smart/dedicated/lucky.
Wallstreet banker makes a billion, smart/dedicated/dishonest (that's the perception anyways).

Why? Likely because quite often they make their billions through morally questionable activities that are highly lucrative (insider trading, market manipulation, graft, and outright theft).

Bankers that stick to making their money off of traditional activities such as loan interest and commissions make good money, but they don't make #### you money.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Bernie Sanders - once kicked from a hippie commune for not pulling his weight, has never had a real JOB in his life

Hijinx

Bernie Sanders - once kicked from a hippie commune for not pulling his weight, has never had a real JOB in his life

But Obviously he is just the kind of guy Vermonters want to represent them.

What does that say for Vermont? On second thought Steny Hoyer represents me, but I didn't vote for Government career tit sucking load.