Packages in Calvert County

catlingirl

Anyone having trouble receiving packages in the mail in Calvert County? There are about 3 or 4 packages that were supposed to be delivered to my house in the past couple of weeks but they seem to be lost. Its kind of annoying.

At this time of year, thieves grab packages off the porch and out of the mailboxes. You may be a victim.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Saw this yesterday...

WASHINGTON, DC — Police nabbed two Grinches who were trying to steal Christmas from residents of a Howard County, Maryland neighborhood on Wednesday.

Police stopped a box truck full of packages that were stolen from homes in a Columbia, Md. neighborhood after receiving a report of a suspicious truck in the area. A caller had seen the individuals taking packages from their neighbors’ homes.

Police arrested Ernest Ohanyan, 25, and Amjad Jaouni, 28, both of Baltimore, when they stopped the truck which had as many as 77 stolen packages inside. The two men each face three counts of theft ....

Thefts of packages from porches and stoops are common this time of year as the holiday gifting season is in full swing.

Police encourage residents to track any expected shipments and to try and be home to receive the delivery. Other options include having the package shipped to a work address or asking a neighbor to collect the package. Police ask residents to call 911 to report any suspicious vehicles or behavior.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
If you have the tracking numbers you can find out if they have been delayed or delivered and are now missing. Enter the tracking number in google and it will give you a link to USPS.

catlingirl

If you have the tracking numbers you can find out if they have been delayed or delivered and are now missing. Enter the tracking number in google and it will give you a link to USPS.
Thank you, We've done that. One package is floating around somewhere in Germany and another one just says "in transit.", but was supposed to be delivered last week. Oh well hopefully they will turn up.The person who sent it even called the post office.

GregV814

if you are serviced by the HUntingtown Post Office............could be months....

I've been asked to redact this commentary...Okay, I will....consider it redacted...

Last edited:

Forkian

I have received other peoples mail and have had USPS and UPS leave my boxes on my neighbors porch. Ask your neighbors if they have seen them and possibly sent them back. Good luck!