Time to invest in cannabis

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I wonder if snack foods will rise proportionately.

The potential growth behind marijuana is incredible. Investment firm Cowen & Co. believes that legal marijuana sales could soar from $6 billion today to $50 billion by 2026. That's a compound annual growth rate of nearly 24% over the next decade.

high times for sure

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The legalization crowd told us that more people wouldn't start smoking pot if it were legalized. What happened to that?

Chris0nllyn

The legalization crowd told us that more people wouldn't start smoking pot if it were legalized. What happened to that?

Not sure there's evidence that it has. It certainly hasn't in Colorado.

Basic reasoning skills leads me to believe that the more states that legalize marijuana recreationally means more people using it recreationally, more companies, thus more investments.

Especially when you take into account the fact that Colorado's population is a little over 5.3 million people and the tax revenue from cannabis last year was $996 million (almost $600 million being recreational).

California just legalized it recreationally and has a population of almost 39 million. Pretty safe bet that it'll be a booming business there soon.

What each state does with the extra tax money and how wisely they spend it can certainly can be debated, but from an investors standpoint, you stand to make a #### ton of money investing in marijuana.

Toxick

Splat

I'm in the legalization crowd. And I don't believe that I've said that more people wouldn't start (although I will allow for the possibility that I did and don't remember). Having said that I don't believe as many people will start as you seem to believe.... and even if they do, who cares? I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. It's less dangerous than cigarettes and alcohol and saturated fats, and a hundred other legal vices out there. The prediction in the article is a business projection, and one that probably doesn't discuss many factors of the projection. Such as forced inflation of the product. And the corporatization of the Marijuana Industry.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

Most aren't smoking it, they're getting it in candy or pastry form for recreational use and pill or oil for medical use.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

It's my belief that there isn't any real increase in usage, percentage wise. I believe the stigmatization of being a dope fiend has lessened to the point that users are more open about using.

Attachments

• mjr7d.jpg
    mjr7d.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 179
Last edited: