Mr. Trump's "historic, landslide, blowout" electora college win

tommyjo

The Trump machine keeps repeating that they won an historic, landslide sort of Electoral College Victory. 306 Electoral College votes does not seem historic...so I looked it up: https://www.archives.gov/federal-register/electoral-college/votes/index.html

As is the standard case with Mr. Trump, reality does not equate with the commentary coming from him or his posse of the factually challenged.

Mr. Obama won 365 and 332 Electoral College Votes

Mr. Bush 43: 271 and 286

Mr. Clinton: 370 and 379

Mr. Bush (41): 426

Mr. Reagan: 489 and 525

Mr. Carter: 297

Mr. Nixon: 301 and 520

Mr. Johnson: 486

That's 52 years of Electoral College results. 13 Presidential Election cycles. Mr. Trump garnered the 5th lowest Electoral College vote total over those 13 cycles...but I suppose that doesn't matter in the post-factual world that has been created by the likes of Mr. Trump, Brietbart, The Blaze and the rest of the right wing echo chamber.

SamSpade

Only the Donald says that, that I can find, and I agree with you but for one thing.

He was *supposed* to lose. Big league.

So - SOMETHING was different this time.

Restitution

f78529f5302516b13d9489627eadb04b.jpg

Chris0nllyn

I'm not sure they meant "historic" in terms of just electoral votes, contrary to your first sentence. At least, I haven't heard that from his camp.

I doubt Clinton would have called her victory "historic" for simply garnering the same amount of electoral votes.....had she won.