An Electoral College Coup

PsyOps

Pixelated

Only a few weeks ago Hillary Clinton’s campaign was denouncing Donald Trump as un-American for saying the election might be “rigged.” We criticized Mr. Trump at the time. But now that Mrs. Clinton has lost, her campaign is claiming the election really was rigged, albeit for Mr. Trump by Russian meddling, and it wants the Electoral College to stage what amounts to a coup.

That’s the only way to interpret the extraordinary statement Monday by Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta endorsing a special intelligence briefing for electors a week before they cast their ballots for President on Dec. 19. He released the statement hours after 10 members of the Electoral College sent a letter to Director of National Intelligence James Clapper seeking information on foreign interference in the election to judge if Mr. Trump “is fit to serve.” One of those electors is House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi’s daughter.

“The bipartisan electors’ letter raises very grave issues involving our national security. Electors have a solemn responsibility under the Constitution and we support their efforts to have their questions addressed,” Mr. Podesta said. “We now know that the CIA has determined Russia’s interference in our elections was for the purpose of electing Donald Trump. This should distress every American.”

What should really distress Americans is that the losers are trying to overturn the election results based on little more than anonymous leaks and innuendo. Whatever Russia’s hacking motives, there is no evidence that the emails it turned up were decisive to the election result. Mr. Podesta is citing a CIA judgment that Americans have never seen and whose findings are vaguely public only because one or more unidentified officials chose to relate them to a few reporters last week.

I am trying to imagine what will happen across this country if Dec 19th turns this election over.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I am trying to imagine what will happen across this country if Dec 19th turns this election over.

Nothing. Nothing will happen. People like you and me will bitch, but go on about our lives because we're not the type of people to riot and start assassinating government officials. The Left will be insufferably arrogant and pretend they won something instead of taking power like some third world #### hole dictator.

I have an appointment with my money gal Thursday. When Trump won, I gave the tards a week or two to settle down so I could see what was going on and revise my financial plan accordingly. This plan will be very different if Killary overthrows the election and seizes power, so now I'm going to have to put MoneyGal off AGAIN. If we're going to become a third world #### hole dictatorship, I need to be prepared for that.

Hijinx

Nothing. Nothing will happen. People like you and me will bitch, but go on about our lives because we're not the type of people to riot and start assassinating government officials. The Left will be insufferably arrogant and pretend they won something instead of taking power like some third world #### hole dictator.

I have an appointment with my money gal Thursday. When Trump won, I gave the tards a week or two to settle down so I could see what was going on and revise my financial plan accordingly. This plan will be very different if Killary overthrows the election and seizes power, so now I'm going to have to put MoneyGal off AGAIN. If we're going to become a third world #### hole dictatorship, I need to be prepared for that.

I disagree. I believe people will rise to the occasion.
If Hillary were any kind of a patriot instead of the POS she is, she would be telling her poor pathetic followers to forget it.
Nixon did.

h3mech

everyone's butt hurts over the election, "well suck it up buttercup" just like the election the libtards threw everything at the wall to see what would stick, get over it and embrace our new POTUS.
His cabinet picks are ok with me as long as he does what he said he would do. and "MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE" Trump said we could start saying it again.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I disagree. I believe people will rise to the occasion.
If Hillary were any kind of a patriot instead of the POS she is, she would be telling her poor pathetic followers to forget it.
Nixon did.

Hillary is a dictator wannabe who is controlled like a puppet. She does what she's told to do.

Explain what you mean by "rise to the occasion"? Because this isn't 1776, and the pro-dictatorship people aren't hiding ignorant in some small town hovel - they are "rising to the occasion" by busting chit up and trying to overturn our election. They want this. They want to be Venezuela, and Cuba, and all these other romantic sounding "worker's paradises" that are really totalitarian #### holes.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm for we, the people, getting intelligence briefings, all the time. So that we can give informed consent.

Mon: Larry, your greenhouse is 72*.

Tues: Larry, your greenhouse is 72*.

Wen: Larry, your greenhouse is 72*.

Thur: Larry, your greenhouse is 72*.

Fri: Larry, your greenhouse is 72*.

Sat: Larry: Ok.... just tell me when it's NOT 72*. Thanx.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Mon: Larry, your greenhouse is 72*.

Tues: Larry, your greenhouse is 72*.

Wen: Larry, your greenhouse is 72*.

Thur: Larry, your greenhouse is 72*.

Fri: Larry, your greenhouse is 72*.

Sat: Larry: Ok.... just tell me when it's NOT 72*. Thanx.

Trump is certainly not a micro manager

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As I have been reminded of often lately, "we the people" do not elect the president. The Electoral College does. So there is no election to be "turned over".

Um, no. And you know that.

We the People vote. Whoever wins a majority in each state, that's who the electors in that state are supposed to cast their votes for.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Um, no. And you know that.

We the People vote. Whoever wins a majority in each state, that's who the electors in that state are supposed to cast their votes for.

The Electors are not bound. Some states have penalties but not all and even with the penalties, that doesn't prevent an Elector from voting however they want. There is a history of "faithless" Electors over the years. Not very many but it does prove that they are not bound by the popular vote. This is one of the flaws with the Electoral College.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The Electors are not bound. Some states have penalties but not all and even with the penalties, that doesn't prevent an Elector from voting however they want. There is a history of "faithless" Electors over the years. Not very many but it does prove that they are not bound by the popular vote. This is one of the flaws with the Electoral College.

It's not a flaw. It's the intent.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Hillary is a dictator wannabe who is controlled like a puppet. She does what she's told to do.

Explain what you mean by "rise to the occasion"? Because this isn't 1776, and the pro-dictatorship people aren't hiding ignorant in some small town hovel - they are "rising to the occasion" by busting chit up and trying to overturn our election. They want this. They want to be Venezuela, and Cuba, and all these other romantic sounding "worker's paradises" that are really totalitarian #### holes.

Perhaps, for the exact reason we shouldn't take this sort of thing lying down.

black dog

Free America

I tend to think it can happen on a much larger scale. Alot of bad things have happened in our history with elections gone bad, much less the rest of the free world.

Battle of Athens

In 1946, a group of veterans and disgruntled citizens went to war with the local government of Athens, Tennessee. The small farming community had spent the 1940s dominated by a crooked political machine led by sheriff and legislator Paul Cantrell, who was known to rig elections in his favor through ballot stuffing and voter intimidation. Corruption ran rampant until 1945, when hundreds of young men returned to Athens fresh from the battlefields of World War II. After they experienced repeated harassment by law enforcement, the ex-GIs organized their own political party and ran several veterans for local office in the hopes of ousting Cantrell and his cronies once and for all.

The “battle” unfolded during a tense Election Day on August 1, 1946. When the veterans’ accused Cantrell of vote fraud, armed sheriff’s deputies began beating and detaining the GI’s poll watchers, and one officer even shot an elderly voter in the back. After Cantrell and his deputies confiscated the ballot boxes and barricaded themselves inside the local jail, hundreds of ex-GIs armed themselves with high-powered rifles and laid siege to the building. The two sides traded fire throughout the night, leaving several men wounded, but the deputies finally surrendered after the veterans began lobbing dynamite at the jailhouse. When the votes were counted, the GI candidates were declared the winners and immediately sworn into office. Their upstart political party would go on to restructure local government and clean up much of the corruption in Athens.