Condi Rice endorses Trump’s Rex Tillerson choice

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
On Tuesday morning, Condoleezza Rice, secretary of state for George W. Bush from 2005 to 2009, issued a statement applauding President-elect Donald Trump’s choice of ExxonMobil CEO Rex Tillerson as his secretary of state nominee.

Rice wrote that she knows Tillerson “as a successful business man and a patriot,” and believes he “will represent the interests and the values of the United States with resolve and commitment.”

What Rice didn’t note, however, is that she has a business relationship with Tillerson, as Exxon is a client of the Rice Hadley Gates consulting firm she runs with former National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley and former Defense Secretary Robert Gates.

In 2013, Iraq Oil Reported reported that Rice and Hadley “have been consulting Exxon ‘on Iraq, and the broader region as well’ since at least 2011.” The report details how deals Exxon struck with the semi-autonomous Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) in October 2011 amid territorial disputes with the Iraqi government created problems both for Exxon and the United States. "

https://thinkprogress.org/condi-rice-rex-tillerson-exxon-conflict-of-interest-donald-trump-secretary-of-state-nomination-fe94e58a243f#.vq31bzt5l

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Well, I think you lefties should start hurling racial slurs at her, then. Call her Aunt Jemima and house ###### again. Good times.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Rice wrote that she knows Tillerson “as a successful business man and a patriot,” and believes he “will represent the interests and the values of the United States with resolve and commitment.”

I'm pretty sure Rice meant the 'bitter/clinger' type of patriot. :rolleyes:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Tillerson is a fascinating choice. An actual, real world international business man from an international, critical industry as sec state.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Tillerson is a fascinating choice. An actual, real world international business man from an international, critical industry as sec state.

:yay: When I first heard the announcement, I was like "What the hell?!" Then, after letting sink in, I came to much the same conclusion.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not yet. Some of us still work for a living. :buddies:

Well, the allow me.

He helped lead the boy scouts to accept gays.
He is not a climate change skeptic acknowledging it is a challenge
Strong history dealing with a diverse range of leaders, dictators and thugs. From Russia to Venezuela to Africa.

Seems like a good choice.

tommyjo

Well, the allow me.

He helped lead the boy scouts to accept gays.
He is not a climate change skeptic acknowledging it is a challenge
Strong history dealing with a diverse range of leaders, dictators and thugs. From Russia to Venezuela to Africa.

Seems like a good choice.

Agree...an interesting choice. The freakout over the ties with Putin could be good or bad. All depends on where Mr. Tillerson's allegiance is. If his history is true, then he is about US not Mr. Tillerson. So the Putin relationship could be a positive.

Also, puts Vrai's silly comments about Republicans (Gulliani) working for a living and not having the ability to be Sec State in their proper place (the circular file of stupidity).

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Agree...an interesting choice. The freakout over the ties with Putin could be good or bad. All depends on where Mr. Tillerson's allegiance is. If his history is true, then he is about US not Mr. Tillerson. So the Putin relationship could be a positive.

Also, puts Vrai's silly comments about Republicans (Gulliani) working for a living and not having the ability to be Sec State in their proper place (the circular file of stupidity).

:faint:

something reasonable without name calling ....

and yes, its an ignorant progressive freakout