10 Reasons Left-Wingers Cut Trump Voters From Their Lives

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
10 Reasons Left-Wingers Cut Trump Voters From Their Lives

The Times acknowledges that this phenomenon is one-sided, saying, "Democrats have dug in their heels, and in some cases are refusing to sit across the table from relatives who voted for President-elect Donald J. Trump."

A number of people who voted for Trump called my show to tell me that their daughters had informed them that they would no longer allow their parents to see their grandchildren. And one man sent me an email reporting that his brother-in-law's mother told him that she "no longer had a son."

All of this raises an obvious question: Why is this phenomenon of cutting off contact with friends and relatives so one-sided? Why don't we hear about conservatives shunning friends and relatives who supported Hillary Clinton? After all, almost every conservative considered Clinton to be ethically and morally challenged. And most believed that another four years of left-wing rule would complete what Barack Obama promised he would do in 2008 if he were elected president — "fundamentally (transform) the United States of America."

[clip]

3) Most left-wing positions are emotion-based. That's a major reason people who hold leftist views will sever relations with people they previously cared for or even loved. Their emotions (in this case, irrational fear and hatred) simply overwhelm them.

4) Since Karl Marx, leftists have loved ideas more than people. All Trump voters who have been cut off by children, in-laws and lifelong friends now know how true that is.

5) People on the right think that most people on the left are wrong; people on the left think that most people on the right are evil. Decades of labeling conservative positions as "hateful" and labeling conservative individuals as "sexist," "intolerant," "xenophobic," "homophobic," "racist" and "bigoted" have had their desired effect.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My friend's crazy daughter posted this screed on her FB that essentially told the world that she WILL NOT accept the results of the election, nor will she be friends with anyone who voted for Trump, or even gives Trump a chance. He is sexist evil racist etc and if you support that, then you suck and she will hate your guts forever because she refuses to associate with anyone who is sexist evil racist etc. She is now your enemy, and you'd better watch out because she will destroy you to save her country.

:cds:

If I were her mom, I'd do an intervention and have her deprogrammed. Unfortunately her mom is fairly crazy as well, so she alternates between being defensive and silent.

glhs837

Power with Control
My friend's crazy daughter posted this screed on her FB that essentially told the world that she WILL NOT accept the results of the election, nor will she be friends with anyone who voted for Trump, or even gives Trump a chance. He is sexist evil racist etc and if you support that, then you suck and she will hate your guts forever because she refuses to associate with anyone who is sexist evil racist etc. She is now your enemy, and you'd better watch out because she will destroy you to save her country.

If I were her mom, I'd do an intervention and have her deprogrammed. Unfortunately her mom is fairly crazy as well, so she alternates between being defensive and silent.

Hmm, I know a mother daughter couple like that too. :)

Hijinx

If sahe were my friend I would be glad to get rid of her.
Friendship is much more than who someone votes for.