Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Md. to no longer require special machine to aim headlights

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I remember when 'proper alignment" was aiming your lights at a garage door and measuring the spots. This was the procedure in the Chiltons.

But since there is no inspection in St. Mary's, headlights will continue to be misaligned. Not hard to miss when driving at night around here.
    There's no emissions testing in St Mary's, but the entire State has safety minimums that cars, trucks, motorcycles must adhere to.
    All that needs to happen is they get pulled over by LE and get written a safety repair order.
    I believe you then have 30 days to correct the issue and have the ticket signed by a licensed inspection station or a StateTrooper, and other LEO's.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    There's no emissions testing in St Mary's, but the entire State has safety minimums that cars, trucks, motorcycles must adhere to.
    All that needs to happen is they get pulled over by LE and get written a safety repair order.
    I believe you then have 30 days to correct the issue and have the ticket signed by a licensed inspection station or a StateTrooper, and other LEO's.
    It is 10 days to get it fixed.

IT was almost a joke for the last 40 years that I've had to have vehicles inspected in MD...the one item that ALL were guaranteed to fail was the headlight aim. LMAO....go figure...they finally figured out it was a scam?
    You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    It is rather difficult for a LEO to determine if you have bad breaks, ball joints, shocks or other parts that may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. So head lights and mufflers are about the extent of their safety repair ticket ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Peepaw95 View Post
    It is rather difficult for a LEO to determine if you have bad breaks, ball joints, shocks or other parts that may cause you to lose control of your vehicle. So head lights and mufflers are about the extent of their safety repair ticket ability.
    Don't forget speedometer.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Don't forget speedometer.
    Don't forget cracked windshield or excessive tinting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken King View Post
    Don't forget cracked windshield or excessive tinting.
    Judging from the number of vehicles with illegal levels of front window Tint (I.E. Limo black, can't even see the faintest outline of the driver) they don't check this. Must be every third car.

Officers really not going to bother unless they need an excuse to get their head in your window. could write equipment citations all day every day, but to most officers, that's a waste of their time, they want to be taking real criminals off the roads, not just poor people who cant afford new tires. Not saying that's right or wrong, but this is the sentiment I saw expressed at the LWO forum I used to frequent. To them, most of them anyway, traffic enforcement was really just to increase their chances of getting a real bad guy out of circulation.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by Peepaw95 View Post
    Ahhh no.. brake pads have sensors that squeal when worn out, bad ball joints and U joints make loud clunking and popping noise when being driven.
    Worn out shocks and struts will make a car / truck roll around like a boat in choppy water. Along with cracked windshields and missing mirrors and inoperable lights will get you a inspection ticket from many State Troopers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken King View Post
    It is 10 days to get it fixed.
    Thank You..

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.