I bought the most amazing thing yesterday

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
We went to City Market in downtown Charleston, which is filled with local vendors and all sorts of interesting wares. What I bought was a blanket scarf - it's a large square made of medium weight material, designed to be decorative, yet operate as a light wrap.

I hate anything around my neck, which is why I have a bunch of pretty scarves that I never wear. I've seen these everywhere from Target to DSW and never thought to get one, but yesterday it was slightly chilly and I hadn't worn a jacket. This scarf was perfect! You could wear it with a coat, but for southern chill it does the job alone.

scarf1.jpg
scarf2.jpg

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I adore scarves. Sometimes I wear them as a statement piece, like you would a large fancy necklace. Lemme jazz up this plain long sleeved T with a gorgeous plaid blanket scarf :coffee:

I just picked up (another one) at Target the other week. Took some strength not to grab all 3 colors I was mulling over.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I need to get one of those! I work at a front desk with the doors opening and closing all day long. It gets very collllllllllld sometimes and I'm not allowed a heater. I've been thinking of getting a nice poncho but haven't seen one I like anywhere. I'll have to get over to Target and give those a look.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I adore scarves. Sometimes I wear them as a statement piece, like you would a large fancy necklace. Lemme jazz up this plain long sleeved T with a gorgeous plaid blanket scarf :coffee:

I wish I had known that, you could have adopted all of mine. I keep buying them for that same reason, to jazz up a plain t-shirt, etc, but they bug me.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I wish I had known that, you could have adopted all of mine. I keep buying them for that same reason, to jazz up a plain t-shirt, etc, but they bug me.

Oh lord, I came home with the one I got the other week and totally got the "don't you have enough of those upstairs?" look. I have 3 scarf-hangers full of them. I'm about to go buy a 4th :ohwell:

Also, a shawl and a blanket scarf are NOT the same thing. I already lived that argument after I tried saying this new blanket scarf is totally different than my regular scarves :lol:

jrt_ms1995

Also, a shawl and a blanket scarf are NOT the same thing. I already lived that argument after I tried saying this new blanket scarf is totally different than my regular scarves :lol:

Okay, I'll take your word for it. After all, I don't wear women's clothing often enough to fathom all the intricate details of the topic! :flowers:

acommondisaster

I love this! (doesnt help that i'm a sucker for plaids). I'm a fan of scarves, too - the temperature at my desk is so strange - a sweater is too warm but i'm chilly without one. A nice scarf around my neck seems to keep my nice and warm without being too hot. How did I ever live without them? I hope they never go out of style!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love this! (doesnt help that i'm a sucker for plaids). I'm a fan of scarves, too - the temperature at my desk is so strange - a sweater is too warm but i'm chilly without one. A nice scarf around my neck seems to keep my nice and warm without being too hot. How did I ever live without them? I hope they never go out of style!

Isn't it great? It's perfect for when you need something but a jacket is too much. Plus it looks sharp. I'm a fashion don't and the worst accessorizer ever (which is why I don't even bother and the best I ever looked was when I had a roommate who would spiff me up in the morning), but this scarf looks like I made some effort.