Dylan Roof found guilty of all 33 federal charges

Chris0nllyn

A jury on Thursday found avowed white supremacist Dylann Roof guilty of federal hate crimes resulting in the deaths of nine black parishioners at a historic church in Charleston, South Carolina, last year.

Jurors also said Roof, 22, was guilty of firearms violations and obstructing the exercise of religion for those he shot and killed during a Bible study at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church on June 17, 2015.

The 12 jurors deliberated for a little less than two hours. Roof showed no emotion as the verdicts were read.

The guilty verdicts on all 33 federal charges he faced pave the way for the penalty phase of Roof's trial, which is set to begin on Jan. 3. He has indicated he will serve as his own lawyer as prosecutors pursue a death sentence.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/closing-...church-shooting-suspects-trial-111838075.html

b23hqb

PREMO Member
He certainly had a fool for a lawyer. Pretty boy about to get real messed up with bubba.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't know why they don't give people like this the death penalty. I cannot think what purpose warehousing this kid on taxpayer dime will serve.

tommyjo

I don't know why they don't give people like this the death penalty. I cannot think what purpose warehousing this kid on taxpayer dime will serve.

Damn...you need to take that English class with Hijinx.

This is from the OP:

The guilty verdicts on all 33 federal charges he faced pave the way for the penalty phase of Roof's trial, which is set to begin on Jan. 3. He has indicated he will serve as his own lawyer as prosecutors pursue a death sentence.

He hasn't been sentenced...only found guilty.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

And they will be warehousing him for a month before sentencing. Then for how ever long the Proggies want to drag appeals through the courts before he's made cold-on-a-slab.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And they will be warehousing him for a month before sentencing. Then for how ever long the Proggies want to drag appeals through the courts before he's made cold-on-a-slab.

If anyone thinks that kid is going to get a death penalty (one that is actually, you know, exercised) they are smoking drugs. He will most likely get life in prison.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
If anyone thinks that kid is going to get a death penalty (one that is actually, you know, exercised) they are smoking drugs. He will most likely get life in prison.

I don't know. Generally the Feds don't impose the death penalty. But they have charged up the murder of 9 blacks with 33 Federal charges, enough to hang him in public. There is nothing to learn about blind racism by keeping him in a cage. I can believe that the families involved will lead the BLM riots if he doesn't get the needle.

Last edited:

officeguy

McVeigh was executed 6 years after his crime. With any luck, he proceeds to Terre Haute during the first term of president Pence.

PsyOps

Pixelated

I suspect, one way or the other, Roof will get the death penalty.

SamSpade

Damn...you need to take that English class with Hijinx.

This is from the OP:

Even if given the death penalty, he'll sit on death row for a couple dozen years to run the gamut of appeals.

Way back when I was in high school, I remember a quote from some jurist who quipped that because of the endless appeals, it's much cheaper to incarcerate a man for life than it is to put him to death.

This_person

I can believe that the families involved will lead the BLM riots if he doesn't get the needle.

In fairness to the reputation of those families, in true Christian fashion they have already forgiven him (long ago, actually). They are good, strong Christian people who practice what they preach. I find it hard to believe they would tolerate, let alone accept, rioting in the names of their families.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
If I were Roof, I'd be praying for a death penalty with no appeals...

stgislander

PREMO Member
If I were Roof, I'd be praying for a death penalty with no appeals...

That may be exactly what he does. If given the death penalty, he's crazy enough to not to contest even the automatic appeals. Seems like the boy wants to be a martyr for his cause.

black dog

Free America
In fairness to the reputation of those families, in true Christian fashion they have already forgiven him (long ago, actually). They are good, strong Christian people who practice what they preach. I find it hard to believe they would tolerate, let alone accept, rioting in the names of their families.

Good Christians have killed gazillion's of people throughout history. This kid should already be dead.

GregV814

It will be interesting to see the response from Amnesty International's lawyers.

Some pundits will pray for his life in prison, while PP will kill more unborn children.

This_person

Good Christians have killed gazillion's of people throughout history. This kid should already be dead.

I'm not suggesting that they prefer death penalty or not - I have no idea what they prefer. I'm just saying they won't accept rioting in their families' names. They've forgiven the kid, and they have rendered unto Caesar what is Caesar's.