Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Urban BBQ in Leonardtown

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    Just another mediocre chain type. Damn it is a shame. We really need some decent choices in this county.
    What is wrong with Smokey Joe's?
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

I liked it, I think it is better than mission meat wise. They have decent draft beer and the sides are tasty. The only thing I didnt like was the sausage, pretty bland. The chicken and the brisket were good, not smoked in your own yard good of course, but pretty tasty for a quick meal in ltown.
    First secure an independent income, then practice virtue

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan View Post
    "go-kart tracks"??
    Specifically the one under the "gentlemens club", not the one behind the new Corona sponsored microbrewery
    "I aim to misbehave."

Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    Specifically the one under the "gentlemens club", not the one behind the new Corona sponsored microbrewery
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Thats how them b*tch's R getbent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    Tried the one in La Plata for lunch yesterday. Meh Nothing to brag about. I prefer Texas Ribs and BBQ in La Plata better. Still waiting on an authentic "little Italy" restaurant.
    What about Bobby Rucci's in White Plains?

Thats how them b*tch's R getbent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    I gave up on that. If I want Italian, I go to New York or Little Italy in Baltimore. You seem to appreciate it more when you haven't had the good stuff in a while.
    Di Pasquale's Yummy!

Registered User OldHillcrestGuy's Avatar
    Went to the one in LaPlata this week in fact twice, was very impressed, spoke with the franchise owner for quite some time. Ledo's is its parent company, very similar to Mission, my pulled pork was as good or just abit better then Mission. On Tuesday night they have their rack of ribs half price and we went back to try them. St. Louis type, very meaty 12-14 ribs on a rack. Four of us got the ribs and all were very satisfied. You get 2 sides and bread (cornbread yummy) and I think a drink, wife paid while I got the forks, knifes, napkins. French Fries are cut there each day, nice helping of them. With the 2 sides and bread I was unable to finish my ribs, took half a rack home, think they were even better the next day. Will definitely go back.

Under-impressed.

Not somewhere I'll bother to go again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishbone View Post
    Under-impressed.

Not somewhere I'll bother to go again.
    Same. Paid something like $13 for two sides and brisket. The brisket had a ton of fat on it and was only 2-3 strips.

I was still hungry afterward.

Service was good (probably because the manager was out front when I was there), but the food wasn't good enough for me to go back.
    Crybaby Cripplecrow Hanging on a Monkey's Toe Club

Bottom of the Hill Restaurant and Tavern; Better half and I went there Saturday for late lunch/early dinner. We ordered the crabballs for an appy and the ribs for the entrée. I must say I was pleasantly surprised, the ribs were tender, fall off the bone good and the crabballs had no filler. I think Boomerangs in Solomon's has just a bit sweeter sauce. The coleslaw was good and creamy, however, I still prefer my homemade slaw to any restaurant. All and all, not bad and close to home.

Members who have read this thread: 5