REmember I said that "legal permanent resident" was a term to watch?

glhs837

Power with Control
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/chin...ilitary-program-documents-united-technologies

So a citizen of china worked on sensitive govt engine technologies for years, only to turn that data over to Chinese universities so he could move back home and use that knowledge. " These unique working experiences have provided me a great starting point to perform R&D and further spin off business in China. I believe my efforts will help China to mature its own aircraft engines.”

Which may not be illegal, but when you take tons of proprietary data, and ITAR data with you from such programs as the F-35 and the F-22, it is. 15 years? Hell, he should get sentenced for as long as our military will be facing tech the Chinese should not have.

Hijinx

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/chin...ilitary-program-documents-united-technologies

So a citizen of china worked on sensitive govt engine technologies for years, only to turn that data over to Chinese universities so he could move back home and use that knowledge. " These unique working experiences have provided me a great starting point to perform R&D and further spin off business in China. I believe my efforts will help China to mature its own aircraft engines.”

Which may not be illegal, but when you take tons of proprietary data, and ITAR data with you from such programs as the F-35 and the F-22, it is. 15 years? Hell, he should get sentenced for as long as our military will be facing tech the Chinese should not have.

Who is the most guilty here.
A Chinese citizen who was allowed to work on sensitive projects or those who vetted him and allowed him to work there.

It seems to me like, as in the case of Huma Abedin, someone is passing out 'Top Secret Clearances like candy to a child.
The guy seemed to make no bones about his plans.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
there should NEVER be any persons of Foreign Nationality working for a defense contractor

glhs837

Power with Control
A Chinese citizen who was allowed to work on sensitive projects or those who vetted him and allowed him to work there.

It seems to me like, as in the case of Huma Abedin, someone is passing out 'Top Secret Clearances like candy to a child.

Well, you see, there is this thing, when you claim political or human rights based asylum, you can become a legal permanent resident. which status, I agree, should mean you are NOT allowed to work on sensitive projects.

awpitt

Main Streeter

Huma Abedin was born in Michigan.

Hijinx

I don't give a flying #### where she was born. She is a Muslim with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood through her mother, her father , and her brother, and has no more business with a Top secret clearance than does Charlie Manson

somdwatch

I don't give a flying #### where she was born. She is a Muslim with ties to the Muslim Brotherhood through her mother, her father , and her brother, and has no more business with a Top secret clearance than does Charlie Manson

Leadership by example. The president of the last 8 years was not qualified for a TS clearance when he won.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Hey, if you don't need any security clearance to be POTUS and get to know or have access to EVERYTHING, what difference does it make?:sarcasm:

Obviously the oath to office means nothing.

This_person

True, but to be fair she had no idea what American life was like until she came to the US when she was 18. She lived from 2 years old to 18 years old in Saudi Arabia.

If Dreamers are "Americans" because their families brought them here at a very young age and they've only known the US as their life, wouldn't that make Huma equally Saudi Arabian (and NOT American, like Dreamers are American and NOT from wherever they actually came)? Or does it only work for people living in the US, not US citizens living elsewhere?

That's not meant as a snarky attack on you personally, because I do not know your personal thoughts on "Dreamers". It's meant against the concept.

Last edited:

This_person

The claims of ties have actually been debunked.

glhs837

Power with Control
Buuuut anywho, the point was that folks abuse the asylum system and use it to hurt us as individuals (see recent car/knife attacker) and as a nation. A bit less blind trust in claims for asylum might not be a bad idea.

awpitt

Main Streeter
True, but to be fair she had no idea what American life was like until she came to the US when she was 18. She lived from 2 years old to 18 years old in Saudi Arabia.

If Dreamers are "Americans" because their families brought them here at a very young age and they've only known the US as their life, wouldn't that make Huma equally Saudi Arabian (and NOT American, like Dreamers are American and NOT from wherever they actually came)? Or does it only work for people living in the US, not US citizens living elsewhere?

That's not meant as a snarky attack on you personally, because I do not know your personal thoughts on "Dreamers". It's meant against the concept.

That would depend on the laws of the other country.

This_person

But if the govt grants you asylum, you are not illegal.

Right, but before they can get asylum, they must be considered "dreamers", meaning they are here and have been most of their lives, thus they are arguably Americans and deserve asylum.

So, while Huma was born in the US, she only lived here a few months and then went to Saudi Arabia, where she grew up a Saudi Dreamer (if you will). As such, shouldn't we consider her a Saudi, not an American, like we consider our Dreamers Americans and not Guatemalans (or whatever)?

glhs837

Power with Control
Right, but before they can get asylum, they must be considered "dreamers", meaning they are here and have been most of their lives, thus they are arguably Americans and deserve asylum.

So, while Huma was born in the US, she only lived here a few months and then went to Saudi Arabia, where she grew up a Saudi Dreamer (if you will). As such, shouldn't we consider her a Saudi, not an American, like we consider our Dreamers Americans and not Guatemalans (or whatever)?

This has nothing to do with the so-called "Dreamers", the children of illegal immigrants brought here as young children and everything to do with young and no so young adults and their children who entered this country legally after seeking asylum from the US. These people are not required to seek citizenship, which is explained by the permanent part of "legal permanent resident". And I think we have been pretty lax these last eight years in who we grant that status to, and also that that laxity is going to bite us in the azz.

This_person

This has nothing to do with the so-called "Dreamers", the children of illegal immigrants brought here as young children and everything to do with young and no so young adults and their children who entered this country legally after seeking asylum from the US. These people are not required to seek citizenship, which is explained by the permanent part of "legal permanent resident". And I think we have been pretty lax these last eight years in who we grant that status to, and also that that laxity is going to bite us in the azz.

Agreed. We were just talking something different.