Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime

Lurking in the background in flat, humid Fl

Amazon Prime

I thought I would never use it enough, but I changed my mind. In August I ordered a lawn tractor jack to enable changing of blades and such. The shipping was about $49 (it weighed over 100 lbs), so I went with the prime of $99 per year. Item shipped at no cost. Since then, I and family, have probably exceeded the original outlay by at least twice. If you order anything, chances are it is prime eligible, and lots of time we get next day delivery free.

I think it is a good deal, at least for us.
    “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” - President James A. Garfield

Quote Originally Posted by b23hqb View Post
    I thought I would never use it enough, but I changed my mind. In August I ordered a lawn tractor jack to enable changing of blades and such. The shipping was about $49 (it weighed over 100 lbs), so I went with the prime of $99 per year. Item shipped at no cost. Since then, I and family, have probably exceeded the original outlay by at least twice. If you order anything, chances are it is prime eligible, and lots of time we get next day delivery free.

I think it is a good deal, at least for us.
    This is our first year of giving it a try and we love it. It's more than paid for itself in shipping and especially convenience and timely delivery.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Prime def pays for itself. Sucks we have to pay taxes now because of the new warehouse in MD. But still worth it in shipping costs, speed of delivery, and I don't have to deal with traffic and idiots going to a box store. Can't wait for drone deliveries, whoohoo, lol!

One of the perks I've found is, I can easily order something *SMALL* - something for a couple dollars - and not have to see a shipping fee almost as big.
    You get your money's worth when you order something large, but for me, it's lots of little things that make them buy-able now.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Blog Entries
    Big fan of Prime here. I shop on Amazon a lot and the free shipping is great but also the free movies and TV shows, and you can get free Kindle books and mags, too. Well worth the annual fee.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by StadEMS3 View Post
    Prime def pays for itself. Sucks we have to pay taxes now because of the new warehouse in MD. But still worth it in shipping costs, speed of delivery, and I don't have to deal with traffic and idiots going to a box store. Can't wait for drone deliveries, whoohoo, lol!
    Yeah...REALLY sucks that you have to pay taxes. So sorry you actually have to do something to help.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyjo View Post
    Yeah...REALLY sucks that you have to pay taxes. So sorry you actually have to do something to help.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    Yeah, she gets a day off for that. I don't think that every single thread needs to be an encounter group so she can work out her anger issues.

"Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Yeah, she gets a day off for that. I don't think that every single thread needs to be an encounter group so she can work out her anger issues.

Only a day?
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post

She can't be for real! I seriously laughed out loud at her this time because of the audacity! I'm pretty sure she's a jokester stokester and not to be taken seriously!

LibertyBeacon

Members who have read this thread: 123