Amazon Prime

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I thought I would never use it enough, but I changed my mind. In August I ordered a lawn tractor jack to enable changing of blades and such. The shipping was about $49 (it weighed over 100 lbs), so I went with the prime of $99 per year. Item shipped at no cost. Since then, I and family, have probably exceeded the original outlay by at least twice. If you order anything, chances are it is prime eligible, and lots of time we get next day delivery free.

I think it is a good deal, at least for us. :yay:

I thought I would never use it enough, but I changed my mind. In August I ordered a lawn tractor jack to enable changing of blades and such. The shipping was about $49 (it weighed over 100 lbs), so I went with the prime of $99 per year. Item shipped at no cost. Since then, I and family, have probably exceeded the original outlay by at least twice. If you order anything, chances are it is prime eligible, and lots of time we get next day delivery free.

This is our first year of giving it a try and we love it. It's more than paid for itself in shipping and especially convenience and timely delivery.

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
Prime def pays for itself. Sucks we have to pay taxes now because of the new warehouse in MD. But still worth it in shipping costs, speed of delivery, and I don't have to deal with traffic and idiots going to a box store. Can't wait for drone deliveries, whoohoo, lol!

SamSpade

One of the perks I've found is, I can easily order something *SMALL* - something for a couple dollars - and not have to see a shipping fee almost as big.
You get your money's worth when you order something large, but for me, it's lots of little things that make them buy-able now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Big fan of Prime here. I shop on Amazon a lot and the free shipping is great but also the free movies and TV shows, and you can get free Kindle books and mags, too. Well worth the annual fee.

tommyjo

Prime def pays for itself. Sucks we have to pay taxes now because of the new warehouse in MD. But still worth it in shipping costs, speed of delivery, and I don't have to deal with traffic and idiots going to a box store. Can't wait for drone deliveries, whoohoo, lol!

Yeah...REALLY sucks that you have to pay taxes. So sorry you actually have to do something to help.

Yeah, she gets a day off for that. I don't think that every single thread needs to be an encounter group so she can work out her anger issues.

:rolleyes:
She can't be for real! I seriously laughed out loud at her this time because of the audacity! I'm pretty sure she's a jokester stokester and not to be taken seriously!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yeah, she gets a day off for that. I don't think that every single thread needs to be an encounter group so she can work out her anger issues.

:rolleyes:

I'm sure that will do her a world of good. She'll come back all rested up and happy.

terbear1225

Big fan of Prime here. I shop on Amazon a lot and the free shipping is great but also the free movies and TV shows, and you can get free Kindle books and mags, too. Well worth the annual fee.

with you being on the road, how does delivery work? do you stay in one place long enough for deliveries or does someone collect stuff until you get home?

sorry to be nosy, I've just always wondered how that works.

SamSpade

Yup - watching season 2 of "The Man in the High Castle".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
with you being on the road, how does delivery work? do you stay in one place long enough for deliveries or does someone collect stuff until you get home?

sorry to be nosy, I've just always wondered how that works.

I have a PO Box as my permanent mailing address, and that forwards to wherever I am. I just call them and change the forwarding address when we move. But I've also had packages sent to my hotel or campground - they're used to transients.

Amazon Prime has definitely been worth it for me. I purchase quite a bit from them and it has been well worth it. The video and music libraries are an added bonus!

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I love prime, the tv alone is worth the money for me. My husband did all his christmas shopping on prime this year, AND had them wrap it all. he didnt have to touch anything but a keyboard :lmao:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I love prime, the tv alone is worth the money for me. My husband did all his christmas shopping on prime this year, AND had them wrap it all. he didnt have to touch anything but a keyboard :lmao:

:duh: he's so proud of himself :lol:

Prime is fantastic especially since my work hours have switched. Just yesterday I had to order new resistance bands bc my one broke and I knew I wouldn't make it to walmart or target in the next 24-48 hrs. It arrived at my house early this afternoon! Except now I have no excuse to miss another workout :ohwell:

The customer service is fantastic too. I accidentally ordered two of some pet flea and tick meds (which are non-refundable btw), called to see if there was any chance I could return them anyways...ADMITTED I was the one to screw up, and they insisted on returning me the money for one of the packages AND told me to keep it. :yahoo:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Yeah...REALLY sucks that you have to pay taxes. So sorry you actually have to do something to help.

There are ways around it. They opened three warehouses here in Fl in 2015, and if your item is shipped from one of those we pay Fl sales taxes. However, just a little looking around before you order almost always leads to the same product that you can order from out of state. Works for me, and saves me $ sales tax.

Legal, too. I bet that really gets to ya, right, tj?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

We love it here! Save a boatload in shipping - much more than the cost of the subscription.