Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheet copper

Roof Center
    White Plains, MD
    10510 Middleport Lane
    White Plains, MD 20695
    PH: (301) 374-9319
    FX: (301) 374-9324

Local enough ?? I'm sure a phone call to see what they have is easy. And if they have what you want a Visa / Master Card will easily have it delivered to your door.
    Non ferris and lots of standard metals / mesh and gratings is something that just doesn't get stocked by local steel supply houses. If it's not a big seller it is not stocked or just not sold by places like Posner's.
    Can Posner's get it for you, " sure " but you will pay a HUGE premium for it. And unless you buy scraps or cutoffs from a company or scrapyard you are going to pay a premium.
    Also call the steel yards down 301 in VA and see what they stock. Most of them deliver once a week to southern Md or more often.
    Good Luck.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by black dog View Post
    Roof Center
    White Plains, MD
    10510 Middleport Lane
    White Plains, MD 20695
    PH: (301) 374-9319
    FX: (301) 374-9324

Local enough ?? I'm sure a phone call to see what they have is easy. And if they have what you want a Visa / Master Card will easily have it delivered to your door.
    Non ferris and lots of standard metals / mesh and gratings is something that just doesn't get stocked by local steel supply houses. If it's not a big seller it is not stocked or just not sold by places like Posner's.
    Can Posner's get it for you, " sure " but you will pay a HUGE premium for it. And unless you buy scraps or cutoffs from a company or scrapyard you are going to pay a premium.
    Also call the steel yards down 301 in VA and see what they stock. Most of them deliver once a week to southern Md or more often.
    Good Luck.
    White Plains is perfect, I'll be within 2 miles of there tomorrow.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

I love her wild,wild hair BeenSpur'd's Avatar
    I got some copper sheets for a cabinet I designed and built from a marina. They use them on boats that go through ice. What I got were leftover scraps but we're big enough to do what I needed to do.
    Proud Mother of two LT JG Surface Warfare Naval Officers!

Dyson lumber used to sell copper roof flashing by the foot. Not sure if they still do.
    I don't wanna' pickle...I just wanna' ride my motorsickle"
    (Arlo Guthrie cir-1972)

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner, Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote" (Ben Franklin)

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    Funny what people envision from such scant info.

There are 2 kinds of people in the world:

1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
    --
    Well, it's been in your mouth for like, three hours. It feels like it's full of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxick View Post

AND WHAT'S THE 2ND?!?!!?!?!
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Quote Originally Posted by Toxick View Post

Quote Originally Posted by GWguy View Post
    AND WHAT'S THE 2ND?!?!!?!?!

Weíre tempted to suggest a conspiracy here ó but itís just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply canít conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    Just to add some closure to this thread, I did get some copper in white plains. It was thinner than I really wanted, but it works fine for practicing. I also found that if you do want a still you can get them in kit form at a hundred different web sites.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    Just to add some closure to this thread, I did get some copper in white plains. It was thinner than I really wanted, but it works fine for practicing. I also found that if you do want a still you can get them in kit form at a hundred different web sites.
    Glad it worked for you, and I know of at least two in the upper half of the county. When folks find out you can tig and high pressure braze, you learn alot about the hobbies people have.
    Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
    I just reported you. You are one scary individual.

Members who have read this thread: 1