Sheet copper

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Anyone know where I can buy some. Looking for about 16 to 18 gauge, 4x4 sheet.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
BMG metals see attached
Making a still?
http://www.bmgmetals.com/

For some reason that's the first thing that comes to everyone's mind. Going to try something like this.

image.jpg

black dog

Free America
Call the roofing center, they should sell copper flashing. They also have vendors they use for sheets of non- ferris metals.
There is a few supply houses in Baltimore that sell non ferrous metals.
You might also check Super Salvage and the scrap yard on Laplata rd ( Waldorf Metals ) if they don't have what you are looking for ask them to save it when it comes in.

black dog

Free America
Roof Center
White Plains, MD
10510 Middleport Lane
White Plains, MD 20695
PH: (301) 374-9319
FX: (301) 374-9324

Local enough ?? I'm sure a phone call to see what they have is easy. And if they have what you want a Visa / Master Card will easily have it delivered to your door.
Non ferris and lots of standard metals / mesh and gratings is something that just doesn't get stocked by local steel supply houses. If it's not a big seller it is not stocked or just not sold by places like Posner's.
Can Posner's get it for you, " sure " but you will pay a HUGE premium for it. And unless you buy scraps or cutoffs from a company or scrapyard you are going to pay a premium.
Also call the steel yards down 301 in VA and see what they stock. Most of them deliver once a week to southern Md or more often.
Good Luck.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Roof Center
White Plains, MD
10510 Middleport Lane
White Plains, MD 20695
PH: (301) 374-9319
FX: (301) 374-9324

Local enough ?? I'm sure a phone call to see what they have is easy. And if they have what you want a Visa / Master Card will easily have it delivered to your door.
Non ferris and lots of standard metals / mesh and gratings is something that just doesn't get stocked by local steel supply houses. If it's not a big seller it is not stocked or just not sold by places like Posner's.
Can Posner's get it for you, " sure " but you will pay a HUGE premium for it. And unless you buy scraps or cutoffs from a company or scrapyard you are going to pay a premium.
Also call the steel yards down 301 in VA and see what they stock. Most of them deliver once a week to southern Md or more often.
Good Luck.

White Plains is perfect, I'll be within 2 miles of there tomorrow.

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
I got some copper sheets for a cabinet I designed and built from a marina. They use them on boats that go through ice. What I got were leftover scraps but we're big enough to do what I needed to do.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Just to add some closure to this thread, I did get some copper in white plains. It was thinner than I really wanted, but it works fine for practicing. I also found that if you do want a still you can get them in kit form at a hundred different web sites.

black dog

Free America
Just to add some closure to this thread, I did get some copper in white plains. It was thinner than I really wanted, but it works fine for practicing. I also found that if you do want a still you can get them in kit form at a hundred different web sites.

Glad it worked for you, and I know of at least two in the upper half of the county. When folks find out you can tig and high pressure braze, you learn alot about the hobbies people have.