Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Unhinged Progbots

Rockette Phoebe Pearl said in an Instagram post Thursday night that she was “embarrassed and disappointed” to appear at the event.

“I usually don’t use social media to make a political stand but I feel overwhelmed with emotion,” Pearl wrote.

“Finding out that it has been decided for us that Rockettes will be performing at the Presidential inauguration makes me feel embarrassed and disappointed.”

Pearl said she felt uncomfortable about the performance, given Trump’s history with unsavory language and assault allegations.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/23/rockett...uguration-gig/
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Quote Originally Posted by GURPS View Post
    Rockette Phoebe Pearl said in an Instagram post Thursday night that she was “embarrassed and disappointed” to appear at the event.

“I usually don’t use social media to make a political stand but I feel overwhelmed with emotion,” Pearl wrote.

“Finding out that it has been decided for us that Rockettes will be performing at the Presidential inauguration makes me feel embarrassed and disappointed.”

Pearl said she felt uncomfortable about the performance, given Trump’s history with unsavory language and assault allegations.

http://nypost.com/2016/12/23/rockett...uguration-gig/
    Sounds easy enough. Give her the day off that day. No one should be forced to do what they don't want to.
    The Rockettes are a fairly large group. What's one less a-hole going to bother?

Haters Gonna Hate

Reviews of the Ivanka Trump Women's Issa boots, which tout a list price of $180, included this: "These boots were perfect for wiping my feet on the Constitution and trampling the civil liberties and basic human rights of my fellow Americans," wrote a user named Susan Harper. "The spike heel is ideal for grinding democracy into the ground, or simply kicking the downtrodden as you stride past."

Amazon user AR called them "two extremely right boots" in her one star review and added that the "sizing and all other info is in Russian, but they are made in China."

The stinging insults go on and on. Virtually every Ivanka Trump product on Amazon has at least one scathing review designed as a barb against the businesswoman, particularly as she relates to her father's political agenda.

Rise of the 'Activist Reviews'

This is hardly the first time products on Amazon (which did not return request for comment) have been assailed by trolls — just recently Megyn Kelly's book "Settle For More" was targeted, and the site worked to scrub the hateful comments. These guerrilla attacks, if you will, have become more common in recent years.

"We've seen these 'activist reviews' for several years but they appear to be getting more common," said Jason "RetailGeek" Goldberg, ‎SVP commerce and content practice at Razorfish.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    Sounds easy enough. Give her the day off that day. No one should be forced to do what they don't want to.
    The Rockettes are a fairly large group. What's one less a-hole going to bother?
    She's an unprofessional ahole. If it were me, I'd fire her for good and put out the blacklist on her.

I think it's hilarious that she's all aflutter about Trump's "language" and "assault allegations". Let's be real: we all know that if she had ever met Trump she'd have her panties off in a flash, doing a Rockette high kick to get his attention.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    She's an unprofessional ahole. If it were me, I'd fire her for good and put out the blacklist on her.

Indeed, I'm here to inform you, your services are no longer required.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

I thought Presidential Children got SS Details ....
    She does. Dan Bongino was on WMAL this morning and he said that he recognized an agent in one of the pictures which have been tweeted or posted. He said that typically, the SS do not get involved in this type of "venting" , that they are constantly observing and vigilant, but assessing scenarios all the time. In this case, Jet Blue handled it and that's the way the SS prefer it. I also read that Ivanka even said to one of the attendants who spoke to her that she "didn't want this to be a thing". Not to mention that her husband, Jared, was actually standing in the aisle right near her when this jerk-a** was behaving badly. So, they're just a class act all the way.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ng-lawyer.html

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post

I think it's hilarious that she's all aflutter about Trump's "language" and "assault allegations". Let's be real: we all know that if she had ever met Trump she'd have her panties off in a flash, doing a Rockette high kick to get his attention.
    Probably how she got the job in the first place.

Everyone should be treated with respect — unless you’re a Republican

The Trump hate has gone around the bend when the family of the president-elect is gleefully harassed.

The buzzword following Trump’s victory has been “normalization” — as if simply by pretending he isn’t president, then he won’t be. Katy Waldman had a piece in Slate on Wednesday noting that media, charged with covering the incoming administration, is doing its best on that front: “Wary of ‘normalizing’ the president-elect, yet condemned to document the perturbingly normal processes by which he is coming into power, journalists seem to have gone into full dissociative mode.”

This disassociation isn’t convincing the millions of Americans who voted for Trump that he’s any less legitimate. It hasn’t taken away any of the president’s power, or changed one of his policies. It’s just made liberals look more rude and out of touch.

The left is trying to turn the whole country into a liberal safe space — safe for them, dangerous for anyone who disagrees with them. They’ve lost their minds.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

Given the "Keep it to yourselves" of organizations like the Rockettes, I don't think Phoebe has to worry about making it to Washington, D.C. any time soon. She should also probably forget showing up at Radio City Music Hall as well.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rockette.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	116360
    “In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act” - Geo Orwell

These people are infantile.

I still say that if such things were stated as publicly when Obama was elected - they would have been excoriated for being racist and their lives & livelyhoods would be destroyed.

Members who have read this thread: 79