chicken wings
crackers
parmesan crisps
yogurt cheese
warm hummus
veggies for dipping
cinnamon licorice for dessert
sparkling wine

I'm really excited for Monello to open his presents!

That all sounds really good. We used to do that too, lots of little apps. Mom is on a highly restricted diet, and it would be cruel to have that in front of her, so not tonight. :ohwell:

But we had lunch out at a nice restaurant today, so that makes up for it.

RPMDAD

It's our tradition to have snackie dinner, so tonight's menu is:

chicken wings
crackers
parmesan crisps
yogurt cheese
warm hummus
veggies for dipping
cinnamon licorice for dessert
sparkling wine

I'm really excited for Monello to open his presents!

That sounds great.

edinsomd

Leftovers tonight- need to clear the decks for the prime rib roast with a jus, spinach soufflé, and Yorkie pudding for tomorrow. Punkin pie for dessert.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
We had snackies, too! We're in Ormond Beach, FL for Christmas with Foxhound's parents, and one of his sisters and her family. We all went out to a late lunch at The Black Sheep and were stuffed. We played an 18 hole miniature golf course and worked some of it off.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Our traditional Christmas Eve dinner is spaghetti and meatballs with Caesar salad, cheesy bread, and tons of desserts. The tradition was started years ago by hub's mom. She passed away 4 years ago, but we still make the same meal every year. Hub's dad still lives in Benedict, and we just got back home to our new home in Mont Cty. RIP, Peggy. Love you. Merry Christmas, y'all.

Last edited:

luvmygdaughters

Don't do much on Christmas Eve. I cooked NY Strips, baked potato and salad for us. The kids and grandkids always go to my ex's family's house on Christmas Eve, so its just husband and I. For Christmas, we don't really do a sit-down dinner. I ordered a Boars Head lunchmeat tray from McKays and their potato, macaroni and chicken salad. I made deviled eggs and cream of crab soup. Took it all to my youngest daughters house for everyone.

I love snacks for dinner like that sometimes too. I've never heard of yogurt cheese or cinnamon licorice and have never had warm hummus, though I think I'd like that. Did you make the hummus?

I made a cold shrimp appetizer (just shrimp, sliced lemon and basil...OMG yum!!) then we had NY strips, hasselback potatoes (fancy spuds!), green beans and salad :yum:

lovinmaryland

I made a traditional English Christmas Dinner.. we did prime rib, roasted potatoes (in the beef drippings) brussel sprouts and Yorkshire pudding...about 2 hours before it was done half my household decided to be sick. So my daughter and I had Christmas Eve Dinner at the table...just us. Needless to say there is plenty of leftovers.

I made a traditional English Christmas Dinner.. we did prime rib, roasted potatoes (in the beef drippings) brussel sprouts and Yorkshire pudding...about 2 hours before it was done half my household decided to be sick. So my daughter and I had Christmas Eve Dinner at the table...just us. Needless to say there is plenty of leftovers.

What's yorkshire pudding like? I could totally Google the recipe but what's the fun in that? :wink:

lovinmaryland

What's yorkshire pudding like? I could totally Google the recipe but what's the fun in that? :wink:

It was actually very good. Its basically a popover but made w/ the beef drippings. You heat up a muffin tin or popover pan in a 425 degree oven for about 5 minutes then you take it out and spoon in a little of the prime rib drippings into each cup then pour in the super thin (consistency of heavy cream) batter then bake it for 25 minutes until they are golden and puffed.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
I made Bourbon salmon and chicken, herbed rice and a Caesar salad.

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member

Ugh, hope everyone is feeling better. I LOVE yorkshire pudding :yum:

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
Tell me more about bourbon salmon that sounds great!

If I'm doing both fish and chicken I make two bags and leave the the sesame seeds and green onions off of the chicken. I guess you could put them on, I just don't for some reason.

I've been cooking my salmon in a covered frying pan lately, and I don't measure out the seeds and onions, I just sprinkle on what looks like enough. The chicken I just throw on the grill.

Bourbon-Glazed Salmon

This top-rated salmon recipe gets its flavor from the tangy brown sugar-bourbon marinade and the sprinkle of sesame seeds.

Ingredients
1 cup packed brown sugar
6 tablespoons bourbon
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, crushed
8 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
Cooking spray
4 teaspoons sesame seeds
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions

Preparation
Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add salmon fillets. Seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag once. Remove fillets from bag; discard marinade.
Preheat broiler. Place fillets on broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 11 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle each fillet with 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds and 1 tablespoon onions.

lovinmaryland

If I'm doing both fish and chicken I make two bags and leave the the sesame seeds and green onions off of the chicken. I guess you could put them on, I just don't for some reason.

I've been cooking my salmon in a covered frying pan lately, and I don't measure out the seeds and onions, I just sprinkle on what looks like enough. The chicken I just throw on the grill.

Bourbon-Glazed Salmon

This top-rated salmon recipe gets its flavor from the tangy brown sugar-bourbon marinade and the sprinkle of sesame seeds.

Ingredients
1 cup packed brown sugar
6 tablespoons bourbon
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 garlic cloves, crushed
8 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
Cooking spray
4 teaspoons sesame seeds
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions

Preparation
Combine the first 8 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag; add salmon fillets. Seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning bag once. Remove fillets from bag; discard marinade.
Preheat broiler. Place fillets on broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 11 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Sprinkle each fillet with 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds and 1 tablespoon onions.

Thanks I'll give this a try!