Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Molestation at Edward T. Hall Aquatic Center

Quote Originally Posted by BernieP View Post
    Not knowing hasn't stopped people from making accusations. If I were from "around here", I would be offended. I don't think there are a higher number of sexual offenders here than national average. The only difference is it's a smaller community and gossip, chat, etc. is much more prevalent.

So it's been more than a month, they are still working the case. You wonder why people "question" the original post?

Going back to the comment about the community, my concern is that sooner or later some innocent person is going to be tarred and feathered in a rush to judgement.
    Not enough they won't be convicted, they may not even be charged.
    You and a few other people "questioned the post" from the get go. Your questioning would have been justified if nothing came of it. Those that have kids (such as myself) are the one's who have little problem with someone providing transparency/clarity on issues like this around the county. I've lived in CC for the past 6 years. I don't feel offended if someone posted something like this in the public. I don't live in some ivory tower thinking nothing bad ever happens in CC.

Whenever children are involved there is always going to be a "certain nerve" that it hits in the community. However, we have not heard a name or anything yet. The police are indicating that they have a "possible suspect" and that person has been banned from Edward T. Hall. I imagine the police are performing due diligence before they make any release to the public. If nothing comes from it, I suspect it will go away and the police will make a press release regarding such. But I suspect that not to be the case. Besides there would be several communication sources besides this thread to provide all the details.

Quote Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post
    You and a few other people "questioned the post" from the get go. Your questioning would have been justified if nothing came of it. Those that have kids (such as myself) are the one's who have little problem with someone providing transparency/clarity on issues like this around the county. I've lived in CC for the past 6 years. I don't feel offended if someone posted something like this in the public. I don't live in some ivory tower thinking nothing bad ever happens in CC.

Whenever children are involved there is always going to be a "certain nerve" that it hits in the community. However, we have not heard a name or anything yet. The police are indicating that they have a "possible suspect" and that person has been banned from Edward T. Hall. I imagine the police are performing due diligence before they make any release to the public. If nothing comes from it, I suspect it will go away and the police will make a press release regarding such. But I suspect that not to be the case. Besides there would be several communication sources besides this thread to provide all the details.

Makes you wonder when they complain about a rush to judgment & also that it is taking too long?

Quote Originally Posted by calvcopf View Post

Makes you wonder when they complain about a rush to judgment & also that it is taking too long?
    Two different things, at least as far as I am concerned. The rush to judgement is rumor mongering on unsubstantiated claims.

The complaints on taking so long is if a crime has occurred (and thus talked about on here for two months) it sure gives and offender time to flee to Mexico or wherever.

And yes those claims are still unsubstantiated because there has been no charge, just a search warrant executed. So either it was nothing more than misunderstanding and rumors or a pervert was given all kinds of warning time to evade arrest.
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoplesElbow View Post
    Two different things, at least as far as I am concerned. The rush to judgement is rumor mongering on unsubstantiated claims.

The complaints on taking so long is if a crime has occurred (and thus talked about on here for two months) it sure gives and offender time to flee to Mexico or wherever.

And yes those claims are still unsubstantiated because there has been no charge, just a search warrant executed. So either it was nothing more than misunderstanding and rumors or a pervert was given all kinds of warning time to evade arrest.
    But, see the claims were substantiated. So that blows that out of the water. There was a newspaper article as well as a emails from the police department as well as on the blog. The initial thread was more/less a "asking for more information". Not a "this has happened" or calling out specific names/slandering individuals.

There are several situations where people are under investigation and were called back in or issued a warrant. Fleeing the country is not a common thing, however when it does happen everyone hears about it. Fleeing to Mexico is not exactly an easy-to-do thing. First, you'd still be a USC, you'd have the FBI on your tail at that point. Complicate things far worse than they are now. He/she was probably found to be trustworthy enough not to issue a court order preventing travel. But then again, we don't know anything yet until the police provides further info...

This whole "rumor mongering" deal is becoming the dead horse....

Quote Originally Posted by steppinthrax View Post
    But, see the claims were substantiated. So that blows that out of the water. There was a newspaper article as well as a emails from the police department as well as on the blog. The initial thread was more/less a "asking for more information". Not a "this has happened" or calling out specific names/slandering individuals.

There are several situations where people are under investigation and were called back in or issued a warrant. Fleeing the country is not a common thing, however when it does happen everyone hears about it. Fleeing to Mexico is not exactly an easy-to-do thing. First, you'd still be a USC, you'd have the FBI on your tail at that point. Complicate things far worse than they are now. He/she was probably found to be trustworthy enough not to issue a court order preventing travel. But then again, we don't know anything yet until the police provides further info...

This whole "rumor mongering" deal is becoming the dead horse....
    Actually no claim has been substianted else someone would been charged, it could still turn out to be a misunderstanding.

My point this whole time has been we don't know anything yet.

Anything ever come of this?
    If what I say offends you then you really don't want to hear what I keep to myself.

Members who have read this thread: 42