8-year-old transgender boy barred from Cub Scouts

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
8-year-old transgender boy barred from Cub Scouts

Kristie Maldonado said she was stunned because her son had been a member of Cub Scout Pack 87 in Secaucus for about a month and his transgender status had not been a secret. But some parents complained, an official from the Northern New Jersey Council of Boy Scouts told her — even though her son had been living as a boy for more than a year and was accepted as a boy at school, she said

[clip]

“It made me mad,” Joe, said. “I had a sad face, but I wasn’t crying. I’m way more angry than sad. My identity is a boy. If I was them, I would let every person in the world go in. It’s right to do.”

Joe's case could be the first time someone has been barred from participating in Scouting because of transgender identity, said members of the LGBT community. And it comes as the Boy Scouts of America appeared to be emerging from a period of turmoil involving sexual-orientation issues, reversing long-standing bans against gay Scouts and gay Scouting leaders over the past few years. Those policy changes were made amid an internal debate that saw at least one local council defy national Scouting decrees by hiring a gay camp counselor and pressure brought from corporations that withheld donations from the organization.

Parents who push this crap on their children should be stoned in public .... where is the 'other' parent ?

Last edited:

black dog

Free America
Cub Scouts should be co-ed.

..and the cub-scouts should be able to sell cookies, not popcorn.

Cub and Boy Scouts are for boys,
If you want coed then the parents can put there kids in a Baden Powell Scout Troop. If one is not available locally, they can start a troop.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Transgender is the new ADHD. All the cool kids have it.

Are there some people who are genuinely trans? Of course. But when gender dysphoria starts becoming an epidemic, that's external influences at work.

That said, I have no opinion as to whether or not the BSA should allow girls who identify as boys be in their program. My "who cares" mentality says yes, but I also firmly believe that groups like this should be able to set their own membership requirements and to hell with anyone who wants to cry about it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Transgender is the new ADHD. All the cool kids have it.

so according to the Article this has been going on a year and a half .... what does a 5 yr old understand about gender :shrug:
other that parents talk about 'boys and girls' - the child has little concept what that really means

My "who cares" mentality says yes, but I also firmly believe that groups like this should be able to set their own membership requirements and to hell with anyone who wants to cry about it.

yep but nope, gays have been trying to beat down that obstacle for years - why haven't they gone off and formed the Gay Scouts :shrug:

but no since by and large - scouting is done through local churches - we have to force YOU to change

Last edited:

GregV814

alright....from now on I am identifying myself as the Imperial Leader of France...You folks will answer to me as such and I will rule with total ambiguity and disregard for current protocol.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
alright....from now on I am identifying myself as the Imperial Leader of France...You folks will answer to me as such and I will rule with total ambiguity and disregard for current protocol.

Why France? France doesn't even want to be France.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
You won't be taken seriously until you surrender.

Inkd

I'll fart in your general direction and you will surrender.

Hijinx

The child should be taken from the mother ,and placed in a real home.
IMO this is the mothers problem she is passing to the child.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
What does Momma Maldonado have planned for little Joe when s/he begins sprouting titties around 9-11 years of age. Will she want little Joe going out for camp outs when the monthly rose starts peeking its little head.

Hijinx

What does Momma Maldonado have planned for little Joe when s/he begins sprouting titties around 9-11 years of age. Will she want little Joe going out for camp outs when the monthly rose starts peeking its little head.

I know a man who pushed his little girl to play baseball with the boys. She did, and she was pretty good until the first baby came along when she was 15.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I know a man who pushed his little girl to play baseball with the boys. She did, and she was pretty good until the first baby came along when she was 15.
It's hard to field those low grounders when you are postpartum.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I was a kid we called those girls tomboys, and it was okay. They were okay. Still girls, just not girlie girls and it was no big deal. Now everybody who is outside the artificial construct of femininity or masculinity is "transgender". It's boring and I'll be glad when this fad goes away. It's unhealthy.

officeguy

Hormone blockers.

officeguy

Cub and Boy Scouts are for boys,
If you want coed then the parents can put there kids in a Baden Powell Scout Troop. If one is not available locally, they can start a troop.

I am saying that because girl-scouts is boring and I would rather only go to one evening event rather than two.