College football rape culture: U of Minnesota version

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
1 woman and 10 to 20(most likely 12) males, mostly football players. No charges filed. The reports are quite disturbing. To think that these guys thought that this behavior was OK even after the victim said things like this.

So guys lined up to have sex with a girl that doesn't seem that willing. I guess in hindsight she should have screamed. Even some of the men have told investigators that she said she wanted to stop.

The rest of the football team stood behind their teammates and threatened to boycott their bowl game.

[Redacted] repeatedly told the onlookers that she hated them. She repeatedly told them to stop sending people into the room and that she did not want any more people. [Redacted] believes that she communicated that she needed help, but the onlookers continued to laugh and discuss who would have sex with [redacted] next.

She told him no, and said that she didn’t want to have sex with so many people.

When A5 started having sex with her, she tried to push him away, and her fingernails ripped the condom.

She told university investigators, though, that she never consented to the sex, felt scared, and thought she needed to have the sex “in order to leave the situation.”

At another point, this person said, men were listening to the sex and “from the stuff she said, it didn’t seem like she was into it,” according to the university report.

The student said she didn’t want to have oral sex with the player, but “felt compelled.”

She said that at some point they had vaginal sex, which she remembered as “forceful and rough” and causing her pain, and that he ignored her requests to stop, telling others knocking at the door to “get out” because he needed to “finish” first.

gophers.jpg

article 1

article 2

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So I guess Trump misspoke when he said "locker room talk". The locker room seems a lot rougher than anything Trump said.

This pisses me off:

The rest of the football team stood behind their teammates and threatened to boycott their bowl game.

PeoplesElbow

When I was in college this sort of thing happened with sports teams and frats and yet the women still lined up to date one of the guys.

I knew several girls that claimed to be raped, by a singular individual, but kept putting themselves in situations where this sort of thing was more likely to happen. I never understood it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm wondering why Minnesota is getting a pass. There are a few stories, but shouldn't this, in a neutral world, really be getting more, FAR more attention? Of course, the world isn't neutral. There is bias everywhere so reporting and reaction is never going to be uniform or consistent. And that forever will require the who, what, when, where and why? So, where is Rolling Stone who was quite happy to make up a story that didn't come close to this about U Va? Where is the outcry and outrage that was expended at Duke?

There are some obvious suspicions but that merely means there is more, much more to report on. So, journalists and editors? Here's a story. Gonna leave this one, too, for someone else you can then use as an excuse why your profession is suffering so dearly in terms of lost credibility?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
It seems like a very bad idea to be putting your pecker in the mouth of someone who doesn't want it there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So, where is Rolling Stone who was quite happy to make up a story that didn't come close to this about U Va? Where is the outcry and outrage that was expended at Duke?

For real. The fake stories were all over the place and peddled as fact, without any facts whatsoever. This appears to be a credible story....and silence.

I'm wondering if they're afraid to touch it because they've lied and cried wolf so many times, now nobody will believe them when they have what appears to be a real college gang rape. This is why it sucks that they manufacture these stories and lie: it denigrates real victims.

On another note, parents PLEASE. Tell your daughter not to get so hammered at parties that she becomes an unwilling sex toy. Not to blame the victim, but good grief - when will these girls learn not to do stupid #### that puts them in danger?? Every one of you, go talk to your teens right now.

Monello

PREMO Member
I have an issue with the fact that several of those that participated, when questioned later, admitted to hearing her say NO or heard her say she didn't want to do it. Not 1 guy thought that they should end the festivities there and then. If this went to a grand jury they could be facing a trial and lengthy prison sentences.

Then the rest of the football team pulls a boycott because their pillaging brethren were railroaded because the police chose not to charge anyone. Perhaps they need to read the entire police and university reports.

Monello

PREMO Member
Update - Head coach fired

Best to just push the reset button.

Minnesota has fired embattled football coach Tracy Claeys after meetings with school officials, the school announced Tuesday.
Claeys met only with athletic director Mark Coyle on Tuesday, but Coyle had the full support of the board of trustees and university president Eric Kaler, a school source said.

player boycott gets coach fired

mAlice

professional daydreamer
For real. The fake stories were all over the place and peddled as fact, without any facts whatsoever. This appears to be a credible story....and silence.

I'm wondering if they're afraid to touch it because they've lied and cried wolf so many times, now nobody will believe them when they have what appears to be a real college gang rape. This is why it sucks that they manufacture these stories and lie: it denigrates real victims.

On another note, parents PLEASE. Tell your daughter not to get so hammered at parties that she becomes an unwilling sex toy. Not to blame the victim, but good grief - when will these girls learn not to do stupid #### that puts them in danger?? Every one of you, go talk to your teens right now.

Every day I'm more convinced that there is no good reason to send your kids to college in this day and age.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Every day I'm more convinced that there is no good reason to send your kids to college in this day and age.

Except that it's like a mafia racket in that now your kid can't do anything more than flip burgers without having a PhD.

At least that's the crap they're trying to scare parents into believing. Neither of my kids is a college grad, and both are doing well in their career, making good money and have potential for growth. There are tons of careers that don't require a college degree.