A Slow Start to the New Year

Went to bed early, slept in late. I mean, really late. Just felt so good in bed this morning. Finally got up and showered at 10am.

Old saying... whatever you do on New Years Day is what you will be doing for the rest of the year. Sleeping late everyday sounds just fine to me!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I was up at 930 and made Eggnog French Toast. YUM!!! Showered, dressed, dishes done and laundry started. Off to watch some football in a bit. Happy New Year!

I was up at 930 and made Eggnog French Toast. YUM!!! Showered, dressed, dishes done and laundry started. Off to watch some football in a bit. Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, Rose!
I wanted French toast this morning but didn't have the right bread, having trouble finding Challah bread. :ohwell: Made an egg on a toasted sesame bagel with bacon and cheese. I did put eggnog in my coffee.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have a good friend here in Charleston, and she talked us off the couch. We went to The Lot for a wonderful dinner, then next door to Charleston Pour House, which is a super cool and offbeat music venue (reminded us of Rams Head in B'more). Two bands, both played original music and were AMAZING. I had two beers and champagne at midnight, so this morning my head is clear and I'm feeling great, ready to take on the new year!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Happy New Year, Rose!
I wanted French toast this morning but didn't have the right bread, having trouble finding Challah bread. :ohwell: Made an egg on a toasted sesame bagel with bacon and cheese. I did put eggnog in my coffee.

I used sourdough. Not as great as the authentic, but a good enough substitute!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I used sourdough. Not as great as the authentic, but a good enough substitute!

Get some panettone. It's italian holiday cake but it's not very sweet and it's incredibly light. Don't get the kind with the raisins in it unless you like them. Panettone makes an amazing french toast. Adding a little eggnog to the mix will put it over the top. You will thank me later. Pan d'oro is another name for panettone.

Get some panettone. It's italian holiday cake but it's not very sweet and it's incredibly light. Don't get the kind with the raisins in it unless you like them. Panettone makes an amazing french toast. Adding a little eggnog to the mix will put it over the top. You will thank me later. Pan d'oro is another name for panettone.

I've used Panettone and Brioche, found both to be just a bit too sweet for my taste. I prefer Challah or seeded Italian or French bread. But I add a secret ingredient.... a splash of vanilla/butter-nut flavoring. Oh damn.... not a secret anymore....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Thanks, I'll give it a try sometime.

Lilypad

Started the New Year off with a BANG :tantrum...went to a 911 call for a driver who wrapped his car around a tree. Scared the bejesus out of me when I saw a car seat in the back...driver so drunk he couldn't remember where his child was. Guessing if my year ended with 911 calls and started the same way-2017 won't hold too many surprises. :banghead:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Started the New Year off with a BANG :tantrum...went to a 911 call for a driver who wrapped his car around a tree. Scared the bejesus out of me when I saw a car seat in the back...driver so drunk he couldn't remember where his child was. Guessing if my year ended with 911 calls and started the same way-2017 won't hold too many surprises. :banghead:

I admire anyone who can do that work because I sure couldn't. :flowers:

littlelady

God bless the USA

Yikes, Lily! I never picked up on that you are a first responder. My bad. Thank you for your dedication to your community. Happy New Year, and I wish you all the best! You are awesome. :smile: