NY Lawmakers: Limit Ammo Purchases to 20 Rounds Every 90 Days

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
NY Lawmakers: Limit Ammo Purchases to 20 Rounds Every 90 Days

Legislators are trying to make the already draconian New York SAFE Act even more absurd.

According to this story from thetruthaboutguns.com, lawmakers from Brooklyn announced two proposed amendments to the package of firearms laws would limit how much ammunition New York residents could buy at a time.

The law would only allow gun owners to purchase twice a gun’s capacity every 90 days. Since the SAFE Act already limits magazine capacity to 10 rounds, a gun owner wouldn’t be able to buy more than one 20-round box of ammo every three months. Theoretically, a person who owns a six-shot revolver would be limited to purchasing 12 rounds every 90 days.

This story from brooklyneagle.com says the legislation would also “prevent gun dealers from selling ammunition for a firearms to anyone not authorized to have such a weapon.”

Every Year Stupidity displayed by NY Politicians gets weirder and weirder ...... :twitch:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Every Year Stupidity displayed by NY Politicians gets weirder and weirder ...... :twitch:

Weird and stupidity really cannot be compared. However the level of STUPIDITY in NY politicians exceeds itself yearly. And that ain't weird, just NY Dems.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I foresee smuggling in much like Cigs.

Well, the penalty for smuggling cigs is a Class E Felony worth up to 2-5 years. I bet the class of felony for smuggling ammo would would be above that in the more serious D -C range.

Saiga

And soon will being coming to Maryland. Our dumb ass legislators are not going to let NY and California beat them on stupidity.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Andthat's the reason I plan to move out of Maryland within the next two years.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Note the date! Cripes, check things out before you blindly post.

Umm NO .... not really they still tried people still need to be aware, these things never go away, progressives always pop up again later

Last edited:

limblips

PREMO Member
Umm NO .... not really they still tried people still need to be aware, these things never go away, progressives always pop up again later

Good point. BTW, the King of England taxed the hell out of tea to the colonies, they might do it again. Let everybody know.

glhs837

Power with Control
I'm with limps on this gurps, two years ago, plenty to focus on now. Hey, did ya hear about the tax per mile plan? :)

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Yanno... they have precedent..

The control of Sudafed and other cold medicines, and treating people with colds like criminals has made Meth Labs and Meth itself almost non-existent..

So doing the same for ammo will have the same effect on violent crimes.. murders in Chicago will surely cease to happen..

Do have to wonder where they came up with 20.. how many rounds (on average) does it take to kill somebody??

glhs837

Power with Control
Yanno... they have precedent..

The control of Sudafed and other cold medicines, and treating people with colds like criminals has made Meth Labs and Meth itself almost non-existent..

So doing the same for ammo will have the same effect on violent crimes.. murders in Chicago will surely cease to happen..

Do have to wonder where they came up with 20.. how many rounds (on average) does it take to kill somebody??

Said right in the article, Bob. That's two magazines, given NYs limit of no magazines larger than 10 rounds. For whatever stupid reason, they thought that you really only "need" two mags every three months. Now, where did that come from? Want to be some bright light asked some law enforcement agency what sort of practice requirement that have maintain proficiency? And the response was something to the effect that all officers are required to put two magazines downrange every 90 days?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Andthat's the reason I plan to move out of Maryland within the next two years.
If you think about you're describing most immigrants, legal and otherwise. Instead of staying and fixing the problem; your solution is to run somewhere with a more salubrious climate.

black dog

Free America
If you think about you're describing most immigrants, legal and otherwise. Instead of staying and fixing the problem; your solution is to run somewhere with a more salubrious climate.

You need to face reality, The Old Line State is forever lost to Liberal Madness..

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
You need to face reality, The Old Line State is forever lost to Liberal Madness..

I refuse to believe that anyplace is beyond redemption. Just 2 conservative SC justices and a couple of lawsuits could change how the 2nd is interpreted in Maryland.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Just have to think of the tracking, the bookkeeping and the record keeping they would need to ensure nobody goes from gun shop to gun shop every 3 months to get more ammo..

Cost would be prohibitive..

and the loss of privacy??

glhs837

Power with Control
Just have to think of the tracking, the bookkeeping and the record keeping they would need to ensure nobody goes from gun shop to gun shop every 3 months to get more ammo..

Cost would be prohibitive..

and the loss of privacy??

Details, schmetails, my boy. We're saving kids here.....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Good point. BTW, the King of England taxed the hell out of tea to the colonies, they might do it again. Let everybody know.

I'm with limps on this gurps, two years ago, plenty to focus on now. Hey, did ya hear about the tax per mile plan? :)

were either of you cognizant of the attempted passing before I posted the Article :shrug: