Stop Jeff Sessions

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You know, maybe Trump, because he knew Sessions would be red meat for the left while also offering the Christians one of their guys a chance, figured it would be good for the left to have a guy they could knock off. Give them a body, so to speak. Chill them out?

He sure took Sessions on real fast. You don't spend much time vetting cannon fodder. :shrug:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ken Blackwell: Media ‘Borking’ Sessions Because He’s Southern ‘White, Conservative, Evangelical’

“The Washington Post and L.A. Times spent more than a month working on stories that were exclusively about Senator Sessions and race. Their attempt to define him not by his last twenty years in the Senate, but by the notion that he was white, conservative, evangelical, and from the South meant, in their view, that he could not escape the label of being a racist,” said Blackwell.

“They don’t use facts,” he added. “They don’t use measurable, observable behavior and activity. They, in fact, create this false image of a guy who they would like to bring down because they see him as the tip of the spear of moving us back to a system that respects the rule of law … that respects the Constitution.”

glhs837

Power with Control
Sorry, I think Sessions is on the wrong side of an issue I care deeply about. Any AG who is okay with a %5 error rate in taking innocent citizens property is a bit too much.

He went on to say that he thought “taking and seizing and forfeiting, through a government judicial process, illegal gains from criminal enterprises is not wrong.” Furthermore, he declared, “95 percent” of forfeiture cases involve criminals who’ve “done nothing in their lives but sell dope.”

So, we take a valid statement, that seizing bad guy's stuff is not wrong, and use that it justify ruining peoples lives on simple suspicion. If he cant see that grinding up innocent peoples lives is not right, then he's not the guy I want leading that agency. Haven't we had eight years of tone deaf people running things? How about some middle ground?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sorry, I think Sessions is on the wrong side of an issue I care deeply about. Any AG who is okay with a %5 error rate in taking innocent citizens property is a bit too much.

So, we take a valid statement, that seizing bad guy's stuff is not wrong, and use that it justify ruining peoples lives on simple suspicion. If he cant see that grinding up innocent peoples lives is not right, then he's not the guy I want leading that agency. Haven't we had eight years of tone deaf people running things? How about some middle ground?

:buddies:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I may have missed it but did anyone see any non-POC in that rogues' gallery of bitchers and moaners?

Hijinx

Sessions was in the Senate for 20 years. He had conversations with these guys, went to lunch with them, worked with them, and then after 20 years mopst of those Democrats turned on him like rabid dogs because of politics.

Like Harry Truman said if you want a friend in Washington, get a dog.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sessions just confirmed as AG...52 to 47 (w/ one 'present')

But we knew that was going to happen. The Dems just had to spend days running their face and calling him names and being ugly to him and ranting and keening first.

I get so tired of this crap, these blathering blowhard politicians.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
But we knew that was going to happen. The Dems just had to spend days running their face and calling him names and being ugly to him and ranting and keening first.

I get so tired of this crap, these blathering blowhard politicians.

:blahblah: I wish they would all spontaneously combust.
:blahblah:

littlelady

God bless the USA
:blahblah: I wish they would all spontaneously combust.
:blahblah:

How wretched of you! Talk about Debbie Downers! :killingmeYou do understand that there has to be, at least, two sides. Right? Left? Other?

Inside joke, y'all. Does anyone want to talk about the Super Bowl? If you don't get it, it is no bigly. :roflmao:

Last edited: