Call Congress on January 11: Repeal It All—Repeal It Now

David

Opinions are my own...
PREMO Member
ObamaCare is nothing more than Charlie Foxtrot of the first order. It does little more than line the pockets of insurance companies and medical providers who no longer have any barriers to increasing the cost of their services. For people like me, it has more than doubled my rates while decreasing my services. For the so-called poor who get some of their premiums paid by taxpayers like us, they're still faced with the same super high deductibles before the "insurance" actually pays out anything.

Make some phone calls on January 11 to the slugs and maggots in the Swamp and let them you you're serious about getting this nightmare GONE. If it hasn't already affected you, it will one day. As employer costs increase, they're going to hire fewer people and/or pay their existing people less.

Call Congress on January 11 with
Message to ‘Repeal It All—Repeal It Now’

ST. PAUL, Minn.Citizens’ Council for Health Freedom (CCHF, www.cchfreedom.org) is urging Americans to put three phone calls on their schedule for Wednesday, Jan. 11.

To push for the full repeal of Obamacare, CCHF is asking those concerned with the state of health care in America to call members of Congress with the simple message of “Repeal it All. Repeal it Now. Do not Delay.”

CCHF
co-founder and president Twila Brase noted that just this week, the plan to gut the House ethics office was reversed—because the switchboard was swamped with calls.

“President-elect Donald Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence are standing strong for the repeal of Obamacare, but many in Congress are waffling,” Brase said. “Some members want to keep the law’s $3 trillion. Others want to delay the repeal for two to four years, putting repeal at the mercy of one or two more elections. The first 100 days are critical; therefore, we must apply pressure. Calls from the American people are powerful!”

CCHF
is urging callers on Jan. 11 to contact their U.S. Representative and two U.S. Senators or use the U.S. Capitol switchboard number at (202) 225-3121. Those who call can report back to CCHF at info@cchfreedom.org.

Earlier this year, CCHF launched The Wedge of Health Freedom (www.JointheWedge.com), an initiative to transform and simplify health care in America, starting with direct payment between patients and doctors. Once the hundreds of third-party-free doctors practicing today nationwide join The Wedge and are a part of the “Map of Freedom,” patients will be able to easily find them and embark on a journey back to freedom, affordability and simplicity. These Wedge practices, where patients can find affordable, confidential, patient-centered care, are located in 42 states and can be found online.

For more information about CCHF, visit its web site at www.cchfreedom.org, its Facebook page or its Twitter feed @CCHFreedom. For more about The Wedge of Health Freedom, visit www.JointheWedge.com, The Wedge Facebook page or follow The Wedge on Twitter @wedgeoffreedom.

###
Citizens’ Council for Health Freedom, a patient-centered national health freedom organization based in St. Paul, Minn., works to protect health care choices, individualized patient care, and medical and genetic privacy rights. CCHF sponsors the daily, 60-second radio feature, “Health Freedom Minute,” airing on nearly 800 stations nationwide, including nearly 200 on the American Family Radio Network and 100 on the Bott Radio Network. Listeners can learn more about the agenda behind health care initiatives and​ steps they can take to protect their health care choices, rights and privacy. For details on how to add “Health Freedom Minute” to a station lineup, contact Michael Hamilton at mhamilton@hamiltonstrategies.com, (610) 584-1096 or (215) 519-4838.

CCHF president and co-founder Twila Brase, R.N., has been called one of the “100 Most Powerful People in Health Care” and one of “Minnesota’s 100 Most Influential Health Care Leaders.” A public health nurse, Brase has been interviewed by CNN, Fox News, Minnesota Public Radio, Politico, NBC Nightly News, NBC’s Today Show, NPR, New York Public Radio, the Associated Press, Modern Healthcare, TIME, The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post and The Washington Times, among others. She is at the forefront of informing the public of crucial health issues, such as the importance of patient privacy and informed consent, the dangers of “evidence-based medicine,” “population health” and “pay for performance” and the implications of state and federal health care reform on patient choice and patient access to care.

BernieP

Resident PIA
The smart move would be to have legislation in mind before just repealing.

Something that might include tort reform and other things that might actually help put medical care back into the range of "affordable"
The reason the "Affordable Healthcare Act" failed is it didn't address the reasons healthcare is so damn costly.
A lot of it has to do with laws and regulations that encourage bloated costs.
Maybe as part of the commerce clause, look at standardization (across state lines) of health insurance so that there is portability.

Most people don't realize there are state laws and federal laws (and regulations) that cover the same area.

Living in Maryland, as a federal employee, I am subject to "Federal" laws, which at times lag behind what the state has.

Start with standardized levels for insurance so people can shop for the policy that fits them best, so they can understand what it is they are buying.

It's not rocket science, it's not that difficult, it just takes spine on the part of our elected officials to represent the people, ALL the people and not the special interest groups.

terbear1225

The smart move would be to have legislation in mind before just repealing.

Something that might include tort reform and other things that might actually help put medical care back into the range of "affordable"
The reason the "Affordable Healthcare Act" failed is it didn't address the reasons healthcare is so damn costly.
Maybe as part of the commerce clause, look at standardization (across state lines) of health insurance so that there is portability.

Most people don't realize there are state laws and federal laws (and regulations) that cover the same area.

Living in Maryland, as a federal employee, I am subject to "Federal" laws, which at times lag behind what the state has.

Start with standardized levels for insurance so people can shop for the policy that fits them best, so they can understand what it is they are buying.

It's not rocket science, it's not that difficult, it just takes spine on the part of our elected officials to represent the people, ALL the people and not the special interest groups.

:yeahthat:

tommyjo

The smart move would be to have legislation in mind before just repealing. Gee, ya think??? Of course, there is no plan--or there currently is no replacement on the table.

Something that might include tort reform and other things that might actually help put medical care back into the range of "affordable" Tort reform will not make much difference on health care premiums...that is a red herring.
Maybe as part of the commerce clause, look at standardization (across state lines) of health insurance so that there is portability. Standardizing the coverage is what the ACA attempted to do. Bronze, silver, gold etc plans.

Start with standardized levels for insurance so people can shop for the policy that fits them best, so they can understand what it is they are buying. See above.

It's not rocket science, it's not that difficult, it just takes spine on the part of our elected officials to represent the people, ALL the people and not the special interest groups. it would help if the electorate made any effort to understand anything about any subject. You want mandates and standardized care...and don't understand that mandates are the root problem of most politically motivated health care plans and standardized care is what the ACA attempted to achieve.

see above

Chris0nllyn

see above

"Standardizing" puts everyone into a handful of distinct plans and doesn't address the ability to shop across state lines.

Government intervention is forcing costs to go up and competition in the marketplace to go down. That's never a good thing.

Allowing anyone to have an unlimited HSA (regardless of having a HDHP) would be another thing I'd add to reform. Another thing would be to allow individuals to pool together. For example, allow single person business owners to pool together for a group plan that will most likely be cheaper than an individual plan.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
"Standardizing" puts everyone into a handful of distinct plans and doesn't address the ability to shop across state lines.

Homogenizing Everyone's insurance plans is what;

1) why so many people lost their plans - you cannot keep you plan if it does not include all of the required supplements
2) why cost went up - you have to play for those services you don't need .... men buying prenatal care ... etc

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/h...inferior-health-plans-lose-health-insurance-0

Obama has claimed that the canceled policies are lousy "junk" policies that only an unsophisticated person would buy, and that are being replaced by better ones. But in reality, many people, including health care experts, have lost valuable existing health insurance policies and been forced to purchase plans with higher deductibles and much higher premiums. "Because of Obamacare," health policy analyst Hadley Heath lost her existing health insurance plan, and "the most affordable" replacement "plan available to her now through the Washington, D.C.," Obamacare "exchange would double her insurance premium, and her new deductible would be about $3,500 per year," $800 higher than her old deductible.

Obamacare is making Robert Laszewski, a respected health insurance expert, lose his top-notch insurance plan, with which he "can access every provider in the national Blue Cross network ... without higher deductibles and co-pays ... Wellness benefits are without a deductible. It covers mental health, drugs, maternity, anything I can think of." Obamacare offers Laszewski a plan that costs 66 percent more each month, severely restricts his doctor network, and carries a deductible $500 higher than his old plan. So tell me - which plan is "junk?" Such stories abound. At the Daily Beast, David Frum describes in greater detail what he had earlier summed up in one tweet. "I already had a high-deductible plan," he wrote. "Now I can buy a plan with double the deductible for only $200 a month more." . . .Washingtonian contributing editor Art Levine, an Obamacare supporter, wrote at the Huffington Post that he's losing his relatively expensive ($530 per month premium) but comprehensive plan. A comparable Obamacare plan will cost him twice as much. "The spin being offered now is that the plans being canceled by and large don't cover mental health or reasonably-priced medications or maternity care," he writes. "But that's simply not true, as my plan's benefits indicate."

http://www.politifact.com/ohio/stat...-mary-taylor-says-obamacare-would-require-pu/

"The law’s heavy-handed mandates force insurance companies to include coverage for many benefits and services you may not want," she wrote. "Say for example, you do not have any children. Under Obamacare, you would still have to carry insurance that covers pediatric, maternity and newborn care even though you do not need it.

"Such mandates remove consumerism from the process and replace it with a one-size-fits-all approach. By requiring consumers to buy services they do not want or need, costs will rise significantly."

That got PolitiFact Ohio’s attention. Would consumers really be forced to buy unnecessary coverage, like pediatric, maternity and newborn care for people with no children?

[clip]

We read Section 1302, and it seemed to bear out Taylor's assertion. But we were frankly confused by the wording, and we turned for guidance to the Kaiser Family Foundation, a trusted independent source on health care issues.

"It is true that this (pediatric, maternity and newborn care) is covered as part of the essential benefits package," a spokesman told us. "The law does mandate that insurance."

Last edited:

awpitt

Main Streeter
ObamaCare is nothing more than Charlie Foxtrot of the first order. It does little more than line the pockets of insurance companies and medical providers who no longer have any barriers to increasing the cost of their services. For people like me, it has more than doubled my rates while decreasing my services. For the so-called poor who get some of their premiums paid by taxpayers like us, they're still faced with the same super high deductibles before the "insurance" actually pays out anything.

Make some phone calls on January 11 to the slugs and maggots in the Swamp and let them you you're serious about getting this nightmare GONE. If it hasn't already affected you, it will one day. As employer costs increase, they're going to hire fewer people and/or pay their existing people less.

This is a poor approach. I my case, I have a high deductible plan but I also have an HSA which my employer partially funds in addition to what I put into it. Also, if all of Obamacare is repealed, my eighteen year old will loose his coverage. With Obamacare, he can stay on my insurance until age 26 if needed.

Clem72

2) why cost went up - you have to play for those services you don't need .... men buying prenatal care ... etc

A lot of these ideas have merit, but this one I keep seeing is idiotic. Do you even understand how insurance "works" (if you believe it works). It averages the costs across the membership, then adds fees+profits+etc. and charges that back.

If you require coverage of a service that 0% of a population uses (like prenatal care for men) that will increase your costs by 0% which will impact your rates by 0%.

Tomfoolery with the numbers aside, they do have to provide SOME justification for their rate increases.

BernieP

Resident PIA

Government intervention is forcing costs to go up and competition in the marketplace to go down. That's never a good thing.

Allowing anyone to have an unlimited HSA (regardless of having a HDHP) would be another thing I'd add to reform. Another thing would be to allow individuals to pool together. For example, allow single person business owners to pool together for a group plan that will most likely be cheaper than an individual plan.

I wasn't suggesting a fixed set of plans, just laws. That way it would make it easier to compare apples to apples.
Standards that will allow insurance companies to operate / compete in all 50 states.

If BJ doesn't think tort reform isn't a major part of "reform", BJ has been sucking on more than the usual.
Malpractice insurance is a major line item for doctors and hospitals.
Their rates reflect their costs plus fees and profit.
Not only that, but to protect themselves from suits, doctors will order more tests.
Those costs again are passed on to the customer in the form of higher fees for service AND an increase in insurance premiums for all.

The electorate is a little smarter than BJ, no mandates are needed. Rather the legislation that's desired is to allow for more competition.