Informal poll - interest in martial arts?

Hey all! I teach aikido in Hollywood. I am currently mulling over the idea of expanding. Not just the number of aikido classes/week, but considering bringing in other martial art styles as well; karate, judo, iaido, tai chi, krav maga, MMA, etc. With my connections in the performing world, I might also consider things like stunt training and stage combat (SAFD) as well.

I just wanted to see if there was any kind of interest in such a thing. Is anyone interested in martial arts? If so, what style(s)? Thanks!!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Interested, yes, more in an academic rather than practical way though.
I would not be student material, at least not until the damage from my cancer surgery 19 months ago is fixed.

Thought you'd like to see that side of the audience.

somd_guy

My wife and I would be interested in Krav Maga. Also if you are in need of any supplies (mats, heavy bags, belts, etc) send me a PM. My FIL just closed his school and is purging some of his equipment. Could help you out.

Interested, yes, more in an academic rather than practical way though.
I would not be student material, at least not until the damage from my cancer surgery 19 months ago is fixed.

Thought you'd like to see that side of the audience.

Interesting. Maybe we should think of holding some less "physical" classes. Like history of martial arts.

My wife and I would be interested in Krav Maga. Also if you are in need of any supplies (mats, heavy bags, belts, etc) send me a PM. My FIL just closed his school and is purging some of his equipment. Could help you out.

Message me. Two of my students practice krav maga. I'd be happy to pass your info on to them.

I don't need supplies right now, but will let you know. Thanks!!

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Interesting. Maybe we should think of holding some less "physical" classes. Like history of martial arts.

History is something in which I am interested. Perhaps seminar style where there is a qualified martial arts historian, with a discussion of reality versus what we think we know?

Clem72

Would these all be taught at the same location in Hollywood? I know a couple of people with interest in Aikido and Judo that don't have options further south, but if they have to drive up to Hollywood just end up going to Waldorf instead.

Would these all be taught at the same location in Hollywood? I know a couple of people with interest in Aikido and Judo that don't have options further south, but if they have to drive up to Hollywood just end up going to Waldorf instead.

That's the idea I'm contemplating. Having a "Martial Arts Center" that teaches multiple styles, all under one roof.

If your friends are interest in aikido, and practicing with us, please have them contact me. PM me for info. Thanks!!

paxnewbie

I have two boys that might be interested. Also, a son graduating from college who does a lot of inter-collegiate boxing through Downtown Boxing in DC. Having a boxing/martial arts studio might tempt him to look for work at NAVAIR.

inkah

Hey all! I teach aikido in Hollywood. I am currently mulling over the idea of expanding. Not just the number of aikido classes/week, but considering bringing in other martial art styles as well; karate, judo, iaido, tai chi, krav maga, MMA, etc. With my connections in the performing world, I might also consider things like stunt training and stage combat (SAFD) as well.

I just wanted to see if there was any kind of interest in such a thing. Is anyone interested in martial arts? If so, what style(s)? Thanks!!

any age requirements?