The NFL has deep problems...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...Dupree just about kills Moore with a textbook illegal hit (as the game is called now), then Ajai comes in afterwards with a shove that is the NFL equivalent of a tap on the ass (you get hit far harder than that by your team mates if you do something good) and the penalty is the same.

Stupid. Just stupid.

(Steelers v. Dolphins, BTW, and I'm a bit of a Steeler fan so I claim objectivity here)

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
...Dupree just about kills Moore with a textbook illegal hit (as the game is called now), then Ajai comes in afterwards with a shove that is the NFL equivalent of a tap on the ass (you get hit far harder than that by your team mates if you do something good) and the penalty is the same.

Stupid. Just stupid.

(Steelers v. Dolphins, BTW, and I'm a bit of a Steeler fan so I claim objectivity here)

You want to make a couple of million a year, you take an occasional hit.

Grumpy

Astute. So, that explains how a shove and a helmet shot to the jaw are penalized the same?

One was a reckless play during a play, the other was intentional when the game was stopped. No way are they ever going to stop violent hits juring football action, they just happen, intentional or not. The play in question, my first impression was that it wasn't an intentional head shot, BUT I only saw it once and I could change my tune after further review..lol..btw, no dog in this fight.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You want to make a couple of million a year, you take an occasional hit.

That's not the point. Fine, big hit, gonna happen. If that's 15 yards, shoving a guy can't possibly be the same foul. It makes a mockery of trying to limit the scary shots.

PeoplesElbow

THat hit Jordy Nelson took to the ribs was pretty brutal.

I think what they need to do is get rid of all of the hard plastic on the player.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Sure looked to me like he was speared.. helmet right to the ribs.. No Flag,

Yup. That's not how you're taught to hit.

If the league wants this to stop, they can use all the cameras and issue material showing past plays of what is legal and what will be a penalty in the game, an ejectjon from the game, a fine after it and a suspension the following week.