Judgmental

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I just saw this ad on one of the other pages and it reminded me of a subject I want to discuss:

judgmenta;.JPG

I am highly judgmental and totally okay with that.

When did it become a bad thing to judge others and criticize them when appropriate? The old peer review - who decided that was wrong, and why? My guess is that the Me generation wanted to engage in immoral/illegal/unethical activities without anyone calling them on it. It's why these crazies run amok now, because nobody shut their #### down when it started. We can also note that the folks who are the first to cry about "judging" are the ones being ####ty about politics and anyone who doesn't agree with them. "Stop judging me, you Nazi!"

So that's it, was thinking about this the other day and seeing the ad reminded me.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
you cannot judge someone because they are - Gay, in the country illegally, a druggie, shacking up with their SO, popping out kids out of wedlock creating more welfare dependents .....

moral relativism .... I'm not hurting anyone else doing X

little Trayyvon is a victim of his up bringing, not his poor moral choices

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I just saw this ad on one of the other pages and it reminded me of a subject I want to discuss:

View attachment 116602

I am highly judgmental and totally okay with that.

When did it become a bad thing to judge others and criticize them when appropriate? The old peer review - who decided that was wrong, and why? My guess is that the Me generation wanted to engage in immoral/illegal/unethical activities without anyone calling them on it. It's why these crazies run amok now, because nobody shut their #### down when it started. We can also note that the folks who are the first to cry about "judging" are the ones being ####ty about politics and anyone who doesn't agree with them. "Stop judging me, you Nazi!"

So that's it, was thinking about this the other day and seeing the ad reminded me.

Because so often the judgers are hypocritical, the guy who rails against the gay while being a secretly being a closet ###. The guy who judges the adulterer while also having a mistress. It's happened so much that most of the time I think that the judger is almost always himself also guilty of the same offense.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Because so often the judgers are hypocritical, the guy who rails against the gay while being a secretly being a closet ###. The guy who judges the adulterer while also having a mistress. It's happened so much that most of the time I think that the judger is almost always himself also guilty of the same offense.

I rarely get judgy over things that have nothing to do with me; I'm more likely to judge the judgers in those instances. The closet queer, I don't care about him. When he starts spouting off about gay marriage being a sin, NOW I'm doing some judgment on his ass.

I rarely get judgy over things that have nothing to do with me; I'm more likely to judge the judgers in those instances. The closet queer, I don't care about him. When he starts spouting off about gay marriage being a sin, NOW I'm doing some judgment on his ass.
You got all judgy with me because I laughed at a Mariah Carey meme, missy...:mad:

luvmygdaughters

Hmmm, I don't know if I would call myself "judgmental", I've been thru some hard times and I'm not saying I didn't come thru them unscathed. But, I picked myself up, moved on and up and things improved over the years. If I'm judgmental, I think its more about the choices you made in your life, rather you allowed bad choices to define who you are now or if you did the turn around and it worked for you. On some things, very set in my opinions, drug use for example, if you choose to put a needle in your arm or a crack up your nose or meth or whatever you preference is, than I judge you. Especially if you are a repeat offender who has been thru programs on my dollar and still continues the destructive lifestyle. If you are somebody who can hold a job but doesn't and is collecting entitlements, I judge you. If you are gay and happy with your partner and your life choices, great!! If you are gay and forcing your beliefs down someones throat, I judge you. Now If you're a child/animal abuser...you betcha I'm judging you and in my head...a whole lot worse!!!!! Hmmm...I guess I am judgmental after all!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hmmm...I guess I am judgmental after all!!

We all are. It's just some people admit it and others pretend they're all inclusive and diverse while judging.

"I'm not going to judge...UNLESS YOU'RE A TRUMP SUPPORTER OR THINK MARRIAGE SHOULD BE BETWEEN A MAN AND WOMAN OR DON'T WANT MENTALLY ILL MEN IN THE RESTROOM WITH YOUR DAUGHTER!!!!! You bastard Hitler Satan!!! Die!!! DIE!!!"

:jet:

luvmygdaughters

We all are. It's just some people admit it and others pretend they're all inclusive and diverse while judging.

"I'm not going to judge...UNLESS YOU'RE A TRUMP SUPPORTER OR THINK MARRIAGE SHOULD BE BETWEEN A MAN AND WOMAN OR DON'T WANT MENTALLY ILL MEN IN THE RESTROOM WITH YOUR DAUGHTER!!!!! You bastard Hitler Satan!!! Die!!! DIE!!!"

:jet:

Yeah, Yeah, that's what I was trying to say:doh:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Having 'peer reviews' is actually THE favorite activity in my group of friends. In fact it's probably the way we all became friends in the first place.

you can come sit with us :dance:

This_person

Being judgmental is counter to Christianity. We have never been right when we judge.
Matthew 7 said:
Do not judge, so that you will not be judged, since you will be judged in the same judgment that you make, and you will be measured by the same standard you apply.

The key there, of course, is the "since you..." clause. To a religious person, judging means you hold people to a higher standard than you hold yourself, or, you will be held to the standard to which you hold others. You are not God, therefore you should not judge, and if you do God will hold you to your standards.

That said, "peer review" or "it takes a village", or "shunning" are all reasonable to a point. That is to say, you teach your children not to hang around people you would want them to consider "bad", because you know people's reputations are enhanced to detracted from by the people they keep company with. Not to mention, people who help instill bad thoughts lead to people who help instill bad actions, leads to bad habits, leads to bad character.

The goal, though, is to try to live with good character, not judge those who don't, but only associate yourself with those who don't in an effort to help them.

This is the difference between acceptance and tolerance. I tolerate behavior of others which they have a legal right to do but I find reprehensible, but I do not accept it. The average progressive demands I accept it, not tolerate it. They want to change my standards instead of accepting that I change my actions.

To the non-religious, I have no idea what standard you should use to determine if you should judge or not. Your standards are determined by your mood at the moment, so you can never be wrong in your standards.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Having 'peer reviews' is actually THE favorite activity in my group of friends. In fact it's probably the way we all became friends in the first place.

you can come sit with us :dance:
Can I come and sit with you, too? I'll bring a big container of freshly baked cookies, and a big jug of really cold milk.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I don't see anything wrong making judgements. I don't mean in the way of pointing fingers, but more along the lines of self preservation.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Being judgmental is counter to Christianity. We have never been right when we judge.

The key there, of course, is the "since you..." clause. To a religious person, judging means you hold people to a higher standard than you hold yourself, or, you will be held to the standard to which you hold others. You are not God, therefore you should not judge, and if you do God will hold you to your standards.

That said, "peer review" or "it takes a village", or "shunning" are all reasonable to a point. That is to say, you teach your children not to hang around people you would want them to consider "bad", because you know people's reputations are enhanced to detracted from by the people they keep company with. Not to mention, people who help instill bad thoughts lead to people who help instill bad actions, leads to bad habits, leads to bad character.

The goal, though, is to try to live with good character, not judge those who don't, but only associate yourself with those who don't in an effort to help them.

This is the difference between acceptance and tolerance. I tolerate behavior of others which they have a legal right to do but I find reprehensible, but I do not accept it. The average progressive demands I accept it, not tolerate it. They want to change my standards instead of accepting that I change my actions.

To the non-religious, I have no idea what standard you should use to determine if you should judge or not. Your standards are determined by your mood at the moment, so you can never be wrong in your standards.

So you're judging. So be it. We all do it, and need to, everyday. By not accepting it, (as do I) we are making a judgement. Have to. God tells us to. That's not condemning eternally anything we as humans judge - that will be His role in the future.

So judge away.

Last edited:

This_person

So you're judging. So be it. We all do it, and need to, everyday. By not accepting it, (as do I) we are making a judgement. Have to. God tells us to. That's not condemning eternally anything we as humans judge - that will be His role in the future.

So judge away.

I'm not sure how you get not judging = judging.

I'm not sure how you get tolerating without accepting, loving the sinner while recognizing the sin = judging.

We have a different understanding of what judging is, apparently.