Peanut Allergy Guidelines Just Changed

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Oh, Hey...the Peanut Allergy Guidelines Just Changed DRASTICALLY

If you have school-aged children, chances are you have encountered food allergy issues. Either your child himself suffers from a nut/egg/soy/dairy allergy, or one of his friends does. Your child's school probably prohibits peanut butter in snacks and lunches, and you have had to complete an allergy form alerting teachers and administrators of any EpiPen needs and instructions. It seems that over the last decade or so, everyone has an allergy. Recent research on the issue may point to a reason for that. And now the guidelines are changing.

Previously, parents were warned against exposing their children to food allergens, especially at a young age. It was recommended that pregnant women avoid peanuts in particular, and babies weren't to be fed the legume until at least 18 months of age (while high-risk children were told to avoid it until age three). But now, doctors are suggesting introducing risky foods (especially peanuts) early in order to prevent life-threatening allergies from developing.

Clem72

There are guidelines? Well my kids have no allergies, were never bothered by poison oak/ivy, bee stings, and even managed to avoid my hay fever. Maybe I should provide the guidelines.