Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trump presser...

Quote Originally Posted by Hijinx View Post
    IMO, Trump has the worst delivery of anyone I have ever seen, but he does get his point across.

I don't like watching him speak, but so far I like what he has said.
    I couldn't stand most of the babbling BS of the campaign. Again, that's why I posted this; I saw a guy yesterday who substantially stepped up his game. It was a pleasure to listen to. It was focused and reasoned and...to me, presidential.
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    I used to think the whole "Ain't freedom of speech great" approach of Bush was perfect - NEVER getting in the dirt with his accusers, always smiling with the aw shucks Gary Cooper thing when you knew full well he seriously wanted to bust 'em in the chops.

And with the exception of Reagan - maybe JUST in his first term - that's what the Dems and the press are expecting from a Republican.
    "You're fake news" is political speak for #### off #######. I ain't sitting down for your crap anymore.
    Because it gets old after awhile. At some point it becomes just stupid ranting and tedious picking. It's like your kid:

Mom, can I have a cookie?
    No, we're going to have dinner in about an hour.
    Please?
    No.
    Why not?
    I just told you why not, because we're going to be having dinner.
    Please? Just one?
    No.
    Come on, please? Why can't I have just one cookie?
    Look, you little ####, I said no. One more word and I'm going to beat your ass for you.

So hey, media people? You little ####s, we said no. Now you're getting your ass beat because we're out of patience.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Because it gets old after awhile. At some point it becomes just stupid ranting and tedious picking. It's like your kid:

Mom, can I have a cookie?
    No, we're going to have dinner in about an hour.
    Please?
    No.
    Why not?
    I just told you why not, because we're going to be having dinner.
    Please? Just one?
    No.
    Come on, please? Why can't I have just one cookie?
    Look, you little ####, I said no. One more word and I'm going to beat your ass for you.

So hey, media people? You little ####s, we said no. Now you're getting your ass beat because we're out of patience.
    Exactly! See... the outrage and focus should be on the obnoxious and childish reporter who kept insisting on constant and rude interruption. He had is "boohoo he is so mean" story after the first "no". He could have walked away then and make it the latest headline before the news conference was even over.
    Imagine how much better America would be if you would simply don a pair a pants before sitting down at your Playskool My First 'Puter.

LibertyBeacon

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    because it gets old after awhile. At some point it becomes just stupid ranting and tedious picking. It's like your kid:

mom, can i have a cookie?
    no, we're going to have dinner in about an hour.
    please?
    no.
    why not?
    i just told you why not, because we're going to be having dinner.
    please? Just one?
    no.
    come on, please? Why can't i have just one cookie?
    look, you little ####, i said no. One more word and i'm going to beat your ass for you.

STILL wished it had gone like it often does with MY kids.....

(after their last plea)

NO and now no cookie for a week. Go ahead. Ask again and it's two weeks. Wanna go for forever?

I almost wished he'd stood there quietly and said nothing for a minute and then said "NO answers until schmuck-face shuts up" and then said
    "You like being treated like a child? Stop acting like one". It amazes me that anyone, even a reporter thinks that if you just badger someone enough, they'll give you what you want instead of a punch in the nose.

FWIW he did stay fairly calm, something that surprised even me.
    Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong". Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post
    NO and now no cookie for a week. Go ahead. Ask again and it's two weeks. Wanna go for forever?

OMG Breakfast Club flash backs ...

Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.
    - Robert J. Hanlon.

“There is a deeply anti-democratic undercurrent to much of the criticism of the new president, borne aloft by an assumption that democracy is too important to be left to the voters.”

And if a statue can oppress you, then I submit that you have greater issues. - A West.

Name:  IMG_0651.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  56.1 KB

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.