Trump presser...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...if you've paid ANY attention this past election, you know I am NOT a Trump fan. I stated, numerous times, that my one hope for him is if he sees the rebirth of the American middle class, people making more money, accumulating wealth, seeing a brighter future, better for their kids, if he sees that success as his success, he may do well for the nation. America FIRST. That's MY view of making America great again.

Well. Sitting through his presser, not a fan, at all...

Home ####ing run. That was brilliant from beginning to end. From the financial expert explaining the business conflicts, to the Russia stuff, to the wall, Carrier, new business, kicking the presses ass AND giving credit, clearly, where it is due, this ####ing guy is....

....the boss. Fair, tough, determined, clear, in charge, on it.

This is the best I've felt about the election, well, first time I've felt good about.

Well done, Trump. Well done. :clap:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is a real question and I would appreciate your input:

I heard nothing today that I haven't heard from Trump many many times. He's been saying the same things since before the primary. He's been the same guy, with the same vision, and the same communication style. So why is today's speech different for you from any of his previous speeches? What did you see today that you'd never seen before? Or had you simply not listened to any of his speeches or press conferences before?

Again, I am not trying to bust on you or anything like that; I am genuinely interested in what you saw today that was new, and why you hadn't seen it before now.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Makes you wish you'd voted for him him, huh Larry? :lol:

Nope. Someone's gotta keep and eye on him. His supporters ain't gonna do it any more than Obama's him.

Loyal opposition. I'll be HAPPY to be wrong about him based on the declaration I made way back during the campaign, repeated here, as to what I think making America great again would look like.

:buddies:

glhs837

Power with Control
Nope. Someone's gotta keep and eye on him. His supporters ain't gonna do it any more than Obama's him.

Loyal opposition. I'll be HAPPY to be wrong about him based on the declaration I made way back during the campaign, repeated here, as to what I think making America great again would look like.

:buddies:

What's to say that someone cannot have voted for him and not still cast a skeptical eye at what he does?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This is a real question and I would appreciate your input:

I heard nothing today that I haven't heard from Trump many many times. He's been saying the same things since before the primary. He's been the same guy, with the same vision, and the same communication style. So why is today's speech different for you from any of his previous speeches? What did you see today that you'd never seen before? Or had you simply not listened to any of his speeches or press conferences before?

Again, I am not trying to bust on you or anything like that; I am genuinely interested in what you saw today that was new, and why you hadn't seen it before now.

I guess I'm on ignore now. Which is a shame, because Larry's response would shed a lot of light on what exactly these hysterical Trump haters are seeing that I'm not. Not that Larry is a hysterical Trump hater, but if this is the first time he's seeing Trump as a leader, I'm curious why he hadn't seen it before when Trump was saying and doing the exact same things.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I guess I'm on ignore now. Which is a shame, because Larry's response would shed a lot of light on what exactly these hysterical Trump haters are seeing that I'm not. Not that Larry is a hysterical Trump hater, but if this is the first time he's seeing Trump as a leader, I'm curious why he hadn't seen it before when Trump was saying and doing the exact same things.

You're not on ignore. I've never put anyone on ignore. Ever. I resent the implication as it's a minor point of forum pride to me.

I thought we had an understanding, you didn't want me to care what you think and I am obliging. After yesterdays non sense, which could not have been ANY plainer, what Trump said v. what Schumer said about their relationship, in the same link, if we disagree on pretty much everything, even the most obvious, what, exactly, is going to be the chance that ANYTHING I say is NOT going to be met with the usual derision, insults that I need professional help or otherwise disparaged, dismissed or rejected that you like to hurl on me? I'm thinking about zero. So, I can debate with whomever and make my points, they theirs, I can read what you think, be it my comments or whomever, and we can just agree to disagree and skip the unpleasantness.

Suffice it to say, in my view, I have been seeing a clear transition by Trump FROM petulant, inane campaigner, a guy you want debating who is the best turd polisher, not who is the better choice to be potus, to becoming the boss. He was Presidential today, in my view. What he's been doing since he won, including his gracious handling of winning, culminated today in a person who is THE BOSS yet is humbled by it, excited by it. Ready for it. Serious about it. Not the guy I sometimes wondered if he wasn't TRYING to lose. He's not going to give up his edge. I LOVED what he did to CNN, totally appropriate. I WANT him to retain SOME of the edge. As for the rest, it was just Presidential in MANY ways I did NOT see in the campaign.

Now, certainly you're going to disagree, point by point, and that's fine. We knew that. So, there it is. :shrug: I hope he keeps it up.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
With Trump looking to call on other reporters, Jim Acosta yelled out, “Since you are attacking us, can you give us a question?”

“Not you,” Trump said. “Your organization is terrible!”

Acosta pressed on, “You are attacking our news organization, can you give us a chance to ask a question, sir?” Trump countered by telling him “don’t be rude.”

“I’m not going to give you a question,” Trump responded. “I’m not going to give you a question. You are fake news!”

As those on stage by Trump clapped, Acosta retorted, “Now, Mr. President-elect, that’s not appropriate!”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/you-...im-acosta-get-into-shouting-match-at-presser/

:killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Now I'm going to have to watch this...... who does this guy work for?

CNN.. He went at it pretty good to get Trump to respond. I'll ad this; Trump was firm and deliberate with the guy, like a wayward child; 'NO dessert for you. NO. I said NO.'

tommyjo

So I'm reading thru the transcript...Trump reads like he always does...an egotistical buffoon.

He can't complete a sentence. He starts off lying (about his familiarity with press conferences)...then does his typical bully sh!t with regards to the media...lies like a drunken sailor by taking credit for Ford plant decision (naturally he ignores all the job losses at Macy's, Kmart etc.)...for months he has done nothing but deny and deflect about Russian hacking. Even after he got the report, he denied it was Russia...now today be believes it is Russia? he still goes back to his deflection (for all the rubes) by talking about Hillary getting questions which has NOTHING to do with who was responsible for the hack. There is OBVIOUSLY something going on there with Mr. Trump and Russia.

He rambles on about how he has no deals, loans or anything in Russia...yet he refuses to release his taxes, refuses to release any information whatsoever about his dealings. The rubes believe every word...intelligent folks call BS.

And the whole "My sons are going to run the business" BS...come on! Insufficient. He'll donate money to the US Treasury? Like he did to the veteran's fundraiser he held last year instead of attending a debate?

Its no wonder the guy has the lowest approval rating of any incoming President.

stgislander

PREMO Member
So I'm reading thru the transcript...Trump reads like he always does...an egotistical buffoon.

He can't complete a sentence. He starts off lying (about his familiarity with press conferences)...then does his typical bully sh!t with regards to the media...lies like a drunken sailor by taking credit for Ford plant decision (naturally he ignores all the job losses at Macy's, Kmart etc.)...for months he has done nothing but deny and deflect about Russian hacking. Even after he got the report, he denied it was Russia...now today be believes it is Russia? he still goes back to his deflection (for all the rubes) by talking about Hillary getting questions which has NOTHING to do with who was responsible for the hack. There is OBVIOUSLY something going on there with Mr. Trump and Russia.

He rambles on about how he has no deals, loans or anything in Russia...yet he refuses to release his taxes, refuses to release any information whatsoever about his dealings. The rubes believe every word...intelligent folks call BS.

And the whole "My sons are going to run the business" BS...come on! Insufficient. He'll donate money to the US Treasury? Like he did to the veteran's fundraiser he held last year instead of attending a debate?

Damn it must suck to be you.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

And she's back to her typical nonsensical self. :sigh:

I had such high hopes...

Hijinx

It's not the incoming approval that counts sweetcheeks.

Its what you leave. Which in Obama's case is nothing.