BBC's Paul Wood: Multiple sources knew of Russia's Trump dossier

PsyOps

Pixelated
Makes one wonder why McCain couldn't recognize it as BS.

Very suspicious.

The word I have is McCain didn't give it any weight one way or the other; but paid it's due diligence by handing it over to the FBI for analysis. The FBI was not able to verify any of it as factual.

Hijinx

The word I have is McCain didn't give it any weight one way or the other; but paid it's due diligence by handing it over to the FBI for analysis. The FBI was not able to verify any of it as factual.

It's pretty hard for me to picture Trump paying 2 prostitutes to pee in Obama's bed. He would have done it himself.
But then it's hard for me to picture Bill O'Reilly whacking off on the telephone to a Fox lady, but she got a big settlement.

Strange things, Strange.

PsyOps

Pixelated
It's pretty hard for me to picture Trump paying 2 prostitutes to pee in Obama's bed. He would have done it himself.
But then it's hard for me to picture Bill O'Reilly whacking off on the telephone to a Fox lady, but she got a big settlement.

Strange things, Strange.

The bottom line for me on this is, the media has proven, without shame, that they are biased and have very little desire for the truth. There used to be rules that dictated when a story was published - it must be verified through other 'reliable' sources, or witnesses. Our media is nothing more than tabloid gossip outlets these days, aimed at destroying lives, rather than informing the public.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

McCain was given the thing because they knew he had issues with Trump and might be a good candidate to sucker into it.

I mean, why on earth does it require a US Senator? They can't drop a copy off on the steps of the FBI building or give to some reporter? Heck, why not a neutral or even friendly US Senator if it HAD to be a US Senator? If you're worried they won't turn it in, it would take one e mail to the papers saying "Sen. So and So has a hot file on Trump and is sitting on it...." McCain got used and if he didn't see that, I'm at a loss if he never once asked 'why me?'

PsyOps

Pixelated
McCain was given the thing because they knew he had issues with Trump and might be a good candidate to sucker into it.

I mean, why on earth does it require a US Senator? They can't drop a copy off on the steps of the FBI building or give to some reporter? Heck, why not a neutral or even friendly US Senator if it HAD to be a US Senator? If you're worried they won't turn it in, it would take one e mail to the papers saying "Sen. So and So has a hot file on Trump and is sitting on it...." McCain got used and if he didn't see that, I'm at a loss if he never once asked 'why me?'

Who's to say other members of congress or our government didn't receive it and just threw it in the shredder because it had no merit?

Hijinx

McCain was 5th. from the bottom of his class in Annapolis. He crashed 3 airplanes before he went to Viet Nam.

http://articles.latimes.com/2008/oct/06/nation/na-aviator6

Then according to this story he practically sank the Forrestall playing grab ass in another plane.

https://www.theburningplatform.com/...-sunk-an-aircraft-carrier-killed-134-sailors/

Then he got shot down in Viet Nam.

The guy is no brain surgeon.

Midnightrider

McCain was 5th. from the bottom of his class in Annapolis. He crashed 3 airplanes before he went to Viet Nam.

Then according to this story he practically sank the Forrestall playing grab ass in another plane.

https://www.theburningplatform.com/...-sunk-an-aircraft-carrier-killed-134-sailors/

where did you fall in your class at the academy?

its ridiculous to call out being at the bottom of the class of our best and brightest. Its like saying the guy isnt rich because he is only the 100th richest person in the country.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Who's to say other members of congress or our government didn't receive it and just threw it in the shredder because it had no merit?

Could be. I mean, how many gullible Senators with a score to settle, who'd use pretty much anything, can there be?

glhs837

Power with Control
Wait, is someone trying to pin the Forrestall on McCain? Really? As a guy whose pretty close to the subject, and coincidentally enough happened to spend three years working with a guy who was an AO on that ship at the time (had very bad memories of the clean up process) I'm here to say that that is BS. You can string together as many cool sounding buzzwords like wet start as you want, the incident was not his fault, and he didn't make it worse. The biggest factors in making what was a bad situation into a disaster were things far outside any singe aviators control. Old non-thermally protected bombs, fire crews that didn't understand that you don't rinse firefighting foam off of things with water. I'm no fan of the politician he's become, but I this "Whom I don't agree with must be evil" style of politics is killing us.

edinsomd

He also commanded a training squadron and retired a Captain. What did you do?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Wait, is someone trying to pin the Forrestall on McCain? Really? As a guy whose pretty close to the subject, and coincidentally enough happened to spend three years working with a guy who was an AO on that ship at the time (had very bad memories of the clean up process) I'm here to say that that is BS. You can string together as many cool sounding buzzwords like wet start as you want, the incident was not his fault, and he didn't make it worse. The biggest factors in making what was a bad situation into a disaster were things far outside any singe aviators control. Old non-thermally protected bombs, fire crews that didn't understand that you don't rinse firefighting foam off of things with water. I'm no fan of the politician he's become, but I this "Whom I don't agree with must be evil" style of politics is killing us.

No fan of McCain here. The above is correct as I know the story, which is no better than reading. :buddies:

glhs837

Power with Control
Needless to say, all aviation ordnance get some pretty intensive training on this incident. Root causes, amplifying issues, places where the incident chain could have been broken.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Needless to say, all aviation ordnance get some pretty intensive training on this incident. Root causes, amplifying issues, places where the incident chain could have been broken.

Little I know about it, that was all the worst of hell crammed into a very small space.

Hijinx

He also commanded a training squadron and retired a Captain. What did you do?

LMAO I just put in my time and got my DD214, I did run through a gate with a 5 ton once when the power steering quit due to lack of RPM's.

It's great you like McCain,and his father's influence in his career.

By the way I didn't write either of the articles.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated

This is really unfair. I don't care for McCain's politics, but that doesn't cloud my understanding that he endured things and succeeded in life despite it that most people would cower in a corner the rest of their lives. Not one of us on this forum can fathom the horror McCain went through during those 5 years. I salute him for doing what most Americans would and could never do.

Midnightrider

LMAO I just put in my time and got my DD214, I did run through a gate with a 5 ton once when the power steering quit due to lack of RPM's.

It's great you like McCain,and his father's influence in his career.

By the way I didn't write either of the articles.
But you did link to them in an attempt to disparage his name and experience.
Now you are doubling down on your stupid.
You are a tool.