Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blockbuster Star Power

Quote Originally Posted by SamSpade View Post

But I've noticed NO ONE gets me out of my seat any more. Maybe it's age. And the age of the stars. Maybe it's the ease of On Demand and streaming channels - why go to the theater for some movie if I can get it cheaper at home?
    Sure I will watch the big blockbuster movie on the big screen because nothing beats Star Wars or the Marvel movies on the big screen - but this crap that wins the Oscars does not get me to go to the theaters any more.
    Nope No ONE .... but Star Wars or Marvel movies ...
    yeah ok, shut up and take my money ... but I also go to 11 Am movies that are cheaper ...

THIS is part of why I don't care much for actors anymore - they want to be considered "artists" - but they make dull and sometimes preachy crap.
    some of the better movies I have seen recently [last 3 yrs] had a bunch of nobodies
    Last edited by GURPS; 01-12-2017 at 02:26 PM.
    We’re tempted to suggest a conspiracy here — but it’s just liberals agreeing yet again that conservatives have hidden, evil motives, because modern liberals simply can’t conceive of any other reason to disagree with the liberal consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by Monello View Post
    Clint Eastwood
    Yeah, he's usually good at making or appearing in movies as of late. Picks good ones.
    And while we're at it, Mel Gibson has a decent track record too, even if Hollywood is only slowly re-accepting him.

I still don't go to the movies for either one, though.
    “Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.".Daniel Webster

Leonardo Dicaprio, Denzel, Tom Hanks, Will Ferrell... they usually have great movies. I don't always see them in the theatres though, but I do make a point to rent them once they come out. I usually only go to the movies if I've seen a movie ad and it looks super can not miss good!
    "You die and go to heaven, I'll stay here in Bermuda".

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    Tom hanks
    Only actor of today I would go to just see his performance.

Visualize whirled peas Merlin99's Avatar
    The last person I had in this category was Robin Williams.
    ‎"I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin99 View Post
    The last person I had in this category was Robin Williams.
    See, this is so subjective. For every nominee, including mine, I can think of ready examples I don't like. There are a bunch of Hanks films I could NOT care less about, a BUNCH. Yet, if you said "wanna see the new Tom Hanks movie?" he's one of the few I'd be willing, without condition, to give it a go. While there are some fabulous Williams movies, he has some, like Hanks, you could not pay me to watch. If you said "Wanna see new Robin Williams movie?" I'd be a little hesitant. "What's it about?"

Then, if you said "it's a flick about resurrection and the after life" I'd say you're a sick #### and, yeah! I wanna see it!
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.