Trump smears CNN as ‘fake news,’ ignores fact his Twitter feed is full of it

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" President-elect Donald Trump is on a crusade against what he deems to be “fake news.”

During a press conference Wednesday, President-elect Donald Trump dismissed an intelligence report saying Russian operatives are in possession of compromising information about him as “fake news.” “It’s all fake news, it’s phony stuff, it didn’t happen,” Trump said, echoing what he tweeted earlier in the day.

During the presser, Trump also got into a shouting match with CNN’s Jim Acosta and referred to CNN — the outlet that broke the story that Trump and President Obama had been briefed about the intelligence report — as “fake news.”

On Thursday, Trump was back at it. That wasn’t the first time since the election Trump has deployed that smear against CNN.

Of course, there’s an important distinction between reporting that aims at that truth — even if reporters end up getting some things wrong — and maliciously false articles, or “fake news.” The line isn’t always clear, but the definition of “fake news” certainly isn’t reporting that Trump dislikes.

With that caveat in mind, it’s ironic that Trump is now on a crusade against fake news, because in recent years, he’s been responsible for more than his fair share of it. Here are just a handful of fake news stories and false conspiracy theories that Trump has pushed. Many more examples could be cited. "

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-fake-news-d27588a6e54a#.ka7a42cki

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If I'd just spent 8 years applauding and excusing executive actions, I'd be at least a little nervous about karma.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
The clip I heard was hardly a shouting match. Liberals are sensitive little pussies, aren't they?